[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one that hates life a bit more with each book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1426875300365.jpg (59KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1426875300365.jpg
59KB, 919x720px
Am I the only one that hates life a bit more with each book?
>>
Do something else.
>>
>>7781132
But I love reading
>>
>>7781130
I can't tell if my hatred of life is correlated with reading more or simply living more.
>>
>>7781147
I think I hate life because of how I am, but books give me further reasons
>>
Not OP but should i just major in finance get that cushy office job, take three one week long vacations each year with my above average looking wife and two children, and wait for it to all be over?
>>
>>7781161
If I had that choice I would totally take it
>shiajustdoit.mp4
>>
>>7781161
my intention with my economics degree is pretty similar, i will just suck up to my boss whilst doing as little work as possible in each place and read at the office.
Im a good looking strong lad who works out so if the boss is a dad type guy i can always fit that son stereotype and if tis a woman casual flirting is pretty easy as well.
Pretty much intending to chad my way through a career whilst doing minimal work and occasioanlly taking credit for autists work if i know i can rol over them.
>>
>>7781161
My plan is getting into IT, and then taking holidays to climb mountains and read. Dying while climbing wouldn't be that bad, too.
>>
>>7781188
see on one hand I can do this and I guess it wouldn't be so bad. But I can't help but feel that I should be doing something more with my life rather than just wageslaving 'til the end. I don't want to turn forty-five and be like shit, what the fuck am I doing? I could've done something and failed and felt better than just accepting the above-average upper middle class lifestyle. I know this sounds cunty but I can't apologize because I am in this situation.
>>
>>7781200
meh ill just read a ton and write a bit and when that don't work ill just turn to alcohol and wait for my wife to leave me, then i can justify a 'mid-life crisis' and do whatever i want

>not planning your meltdown 20 years in advance
>>
>>7781161
I plan on getting a cushy finance job, while keeping my cost of living very low. I will then repeatedly put my disposable income in high risk investments like cryptocurrency or leveraged securities untill I become rich (will likely eventually get 10(00)x return after burning through some with proper due dilligence). Either I will be extremely wealthy, or just live modestly like I would with a lower paying job. I will read and exercise in my free time and live outside of a city.
>>
>>7781161
Why not play it risky?

Get a startup, run a company, publish books, get involved in politics. Try hard and you will do something that can change the world.

If that doesn't suit you are not under pressure to live a standard life, (not that it is bad anyway). You can live a non-career focused life that is very enjoyable (e.g. having cool hobbies). And finance isn't *necessary* for a job, you can also go for engineering, or law, or join the army, or something like that. Major in something you will somewhat excel in at least.
>>
>>7781318
Yup. One step ahead of you though. If ETH takes off, I'll be pretty set.
>>
>>7781188
>>7781318
>>7781200
>>7781546

Why are all your ideas for life rest on the premise of capitalism? Why not try to change the world for the better in a global sense, so maybe your children (I don't suppose you're against the idea, even though I am) may live in a better world than you are?
>>
>>7781582
I'm all for changing the world, but you need serious money to do so. So spend half your life making money, the other using to to change things.
>>
>>7781622
You'll never have enough money to change things through money, and if you did, you wouldn't want to change them.

So you need a different approach.
>>
>>7781821
Not really
>Have money
>Open a company, make revolutionary tech
>Start a political campaign
>Open up a radio station and spread your message
>Build schools etc.

Money makes the world go round especially when its full of uncooperative people
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.