[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>papal infallibility

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: smug porky pig.jpg (39KB, 411x395px) Image search: [Google]
smug porky pig.jpg
39KB, 411x395px
>papal infallibility
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 600x674px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 600x674px
>>7757910
>transubstantiation
>>
File: 1447417927778.jpg (171KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1447417927778.jpg
171KB, 640x640px
>>7757910
>reporting threads
>>
>>7757910
>syntactic glibness
>>
File: Paul_Gauguin_111.jpg (879KB, 2536x3142px) Image search: [Google]
Paul_Gauguin_111.jpg
879KB, 2536x3142px
>metempsychosis
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>7757942
>Madam Paychosis
>>
>protestants unironically think their disgusting tongue-speaking snake-charming blasphemy is a "religion"
>>
>>7757964
>gold worshipping pagan is all hoity toity
satan lover.
>>
>>7757964
>When Catholics think all Protestants are the same group of hillbillies because without the us vs. them mentality their religion would fall apart in a decade.
>>
>>7757979
It's got nothing with the us honestly, it's about a certain number of severe heresies
>>
>>7757910
>implying God isn't testing our faith by submitting us to all the pope shit
This communist pope is a new version of Abraham and Isaac desu
>>
>>7757979
>without the us vs. them mentality their religion would fall apart in a decade.
what
>>
>>7757977
>implying protestants don't worship money over anything else
>>
>>7758147
>insinuating that i consider one superior to the other
it's all devil worship.
>>
>>7757964
don't cut yourself on that edge, big boy
>>
>>7757979
>when protestants protest

securus iudicat orbis terrarum
>>
Papal infallibility follows logically from Christian belief.

>Christ promised to be with us all days (Matthew 28:20)
>Christ gave us a supreme teaching authority, the pope, to protect and to teach the entire doctrine of the faith to all Christians (Matthew 16:18)

From these two statements alone you have papal infallibility. The entire Christian people is under the charge of the supreme shepherd, Christ, who has his earthly representative in the successor of St. Peter, the pope; in other words, he who listens to the pope listens to Christ. Therefore, the pope has to be infallible when he invokes his apostolic authority to teach a doctrine of the faith, otherwise there would be no authority left to teach the faith and Christ's promise to be with us all days would have failed.
>>
>>7758279
Also, it's not enough to say, as Protestants do, that Christ will teach each individual Christian the faith spiritually/mystically. We all know from history that as soon as people got it into their heads that their "individual conscience" was the supreme rule of faith, a thousand divisions followed.
The thing is, we need a public authority to declare publicly what is of the faith and what isn't. Your private conscience does not have the authority to enter the public sphere and publicly teach the faith. You can't just read Scripture, get a warm feeling when you read a certain passage, and then declare yourself a shepherd and a prophet divinely appointed to teach the world the true faith. There needs to be a validly appointed public office to make such public claims. This is why the pope is necessary. It's ridiculous to think that Christ would leave us only the Scriptures and leave us all to argue about the interpretation until the end of the world, and not give us a public authority to settle disputes about the doctrine of the faith that our salvation depends on.
>>
>>7757964
>cathoshits think jesus didn't tap mary magdalena

luther.jpeg
>>
>>7758279
To summarise, papal infallibility is just Christ preventing His Church from using its authority to teach lies/heresy. It's not that any given pope is enlightened or spiritually gifted above other Christians, it's just that his office is to teach the faith, and Christ prevents the pope from failing in this office because it is of supreme importance to the salvation of souls.

>And the Lord said, Simon, Simon*, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Simon is Peter
>>
>>7758279
>that Matthew translation
wew lad

>>7758297
>nobody but the Pope can have that kind of relationship with God because it might lead to false Christians and real Christians separating from one another
Where in the Bible does it say that Christians will be numerous, politically powerful and a dominant cultural force? Your reasons for why there needs to be a supreme authority among men proceed from the assumption that Christians should be what the Catholic church has been for centuries, which is an awfully personal opinion that is not reflected in scripture.
>>
>>7758321
>Where in the Bible does it say that Christians will be numerous, politically powerful and a dominant cultural force? Your reasons for why there needs to be a supreme authority among men proceed from the assumption that Christians should be what the Catholic church has been for centuries, which is an awfully personal opinion that is not reflected in scripture.

The Church does not need to powerful or dominant for it to require a supreme authority. The Church has to teach the truth, the truth that must be believed to be saved. That means that it must have an office to put forward this truth with authority. Even when it was just Christ and the twelve apostles, this was necessary; Christ held all authority, and there would have been no following if all the apostles had their own private interpretation of Christ's words. Even when the Church was just several thousand after Christ's Ascension & Pentecost, there needed to be an authority to declare the faith with authority, else none of those several thousand would be sure what to believe.
The thing about the faith is that it is divine and requires a divine authority. I can't believe in something that will decide the eternal fate of my soul based on human authority, not even my own conscience can decide that (my authority is solely human). In order to believe in this with divinely certain faith I need a divine authority to submit my mind to. Christ is that divine authority, and He invested His teaching authority in Peter in order to teach all the faithful, with divine authority, while Christ is in heaven.
>>
>>7758384
Christ:
>He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me.
>>
>>7758390
https://www.olrl.org/apologetics/churchbible.shtml
>>
>>7757948
>Paychosis
>>
File: 1442071108695.jpg (42KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1442071108695.jpg
42KB, 768x768px
>Homoiousian
>>
>>7757923

Why did Benedict have to fuck up the creed and all the mass rituals?

>my fault, my fault, my most grievous fault
>And with your spirit
>all things visible and invisible
>consubstantial with the father

Nothing flows in mass anymore and I still haven't gotten used to it.
>>
>Dank MayMays
>>
>>7758740
It's fine. At least he explains it.
>>
File: angry poldy.jpg (91KB, 900x875px) Image search: [Google]
angry poldy.jpg
91KB, 900x875px
>>7757942
>ineluctable modality of the visible
>>
>>7758938
Because the changes make it more like the Old Rite you fucking Novus Ordo fairy faggot.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.