[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get re-started with writing? It gave me a lot of joy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: skulls.jpg (219KB, 1038x829px) Image search: [Google]
skulls.jpg
219KB, 1038x829px
How do I get re-started with writing? It gave me a lot of joy when I was young, but I stopped doing it in my first college attempt. I think I stopped when I started reading/writing a lot of I guess "experimental" stuff like Beckett, Pynchon, and my writing was reflecting a lot of that, lost in its own cleverness and self-awareness, completely unable to tell a story because of how simple and pointless it felt to do so. I think the second thing that stopped me was realizing that unless I was completely writing only for myself, I was always evaluating my writing as if I was showing it off to someone. And if I fought against, I found there was no point to it besides this pandering. Even writing for myself, I'd think about how my future self would see it.

Even now, I'm already changing my mind on wanting to write again. What do you think I should do about this? Just skip it? Force myself to write a story? A novel? A blog? Sorry for the shitty post.
>>
I have the same problem.

Ego-death would be a solution, since no-one cares for my writing, anyway, so why should I care?
>>
What do you want to do with your writing?
>>
>>7752990
Reading my favorite authors and more experimental authors (obviously that last part didn't work for you) makes me want to write. I love seeing how many directions a writer can go with the written word because it reminds me that I'm in a creative process, not a slog to an arbitrary goal.
>>
>>7752999
I don't know. I think when I did it, I enjoyed the actual act of it, crafting something. But I get to a certain point, and now it's almost immediately, then I just hit this brick wall of "Why am I doing this." And it feels like a stupid and pointless act.
>>
>>7753016
see: >>7753630
>>
>>7753669
nice shilling for your own thread.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.