[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

comfy reads, pic related and a hot cup of coffee. post yours.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

comfy reads, pic related and a hot cup of coffee. post yours.
>>
>>7750439
Poetry.
>>
>>7750449
recommendations?
>>
The Old Man And The Sea is the most boring thing I've ever read. Iceberg theory is a retarded load of shit and Hemingway was a hack.
>>
>>7750439
Old Man and the Sea is shit; one of the worst books I've ever read. Boring concept, badly written, trash prose. Hemmingway sucks.
>>
>>7747993
>>
>>7750631
>>7750621

>Women
>>
>>7750621
>>7750631
I bet you faggots call it el mar
>>
>>7753011
This is funny because my gf looked at me when I bought it at this used bookstore and said "Hemingway, eh? I read that in highschool, he's such a bore"
>>
I found Old Man and the Sea very /comfy/. Where do I go next with Hemingway? His war stories don't look too enticing.
>>
The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, without a doubt. The amount of pipe-weed smoking and heavy English food makes it a prime example of a comfy book :3
>>
>>7750439
You know, in music they say not to go nuts with dissonance until you've mastered tonality and the common practice period. I think lit teachers would do well to do the same and not teach people who write like shit as a device to plebs.

Comfy reads? The Tower with a big ass pint of Guinness. Dante.
>>
File: Thanks lit.jpg (59KB, 431x620px) Image search: [Google]
Thanks lit.jpg
59KB, 431x620px
> Plebs dissing Hemingway
>kek
>>
>>7753443
heh, i remember the thread that created this. i posted that edition of Petersburg. solid edition, too.
>>
>>7750439
The Great Gatsby's first four chapters or so are extremely comfy to read, old sport.
>>
>>7753443
the rest of the painting is memeworthy as well, honestly.
>>
File: dat guy.jpg (468KB, 2162x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dat guy.jpg
468KB, 2162x1200px
>>7753453
whoops, meant to post image. should really stop all that intense masturbation to the dick in highman's castle.
>>
>>7753456

I can spot at least 8 potential memes.
>>
>>7753469
my favorite is the blonde woman with the white hat with the red ribbon lookin like "when she got da booty" or the old guy on the far right with the officer's hat, or the guy above the rasputin lookin motherfucker, laughing.
>>
>>7753511

i think you could make a sort of crossover mainstream meme with the guy mounted on the shoulders - something along the lines of "when you hear your song at the club" or "when your drunk friend throws up but carries on" etc
>>
>>7753641
what about the fluffy haired guy below him?
>>
Dandelion Wine
>>
bump

we can never have too many /comfy/ threads
>>
I thought Kafka on the Shore was pretty comfy
>>
>>7753446
like 6 hours earlier?
why you talking like it's some nostalgic trip to the past
>>
on the road is my go to comfy book
>>
>>7750439
If you liked Old Man and the Sea you should try "The Forest Path to the Spring" by Malcolm Lowry
>>
>>7750439

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series. Must have read all of them around three times since early teens. Oh and Sun Tzu's Art of war
>>
>>7750449
Franny and Zooey
Salinger does best comfy
>>
>>7755937
The only Kereuac I've read is Dharma Bums but that was pretty comfy
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.