[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post the book you have read the most, it doesnt exactly have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

post the book you have read the most,
it doesnt exactly have to be your favorite but one you keep going back to
>>
anna karenina
>>
File: 1941414014014.jpg (49KB, 436x500px) Image search: [Google]
1941414014014.jpg
49KB, 436x500px
To re-live that sweet sweet childhood.
>>
>>7727775

are you an anarchist anon?
>>
File: CaptainUnderpants1_hires.jpg (1MB, 818x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CaptainUnderpants1_hires.jpg
1MB, 818x1200px
:^)
>>
File: index.jpg (11KB, 176x268px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 176x268px
You make it much too easy to do this.
>>
>>7727803
serious nostalgia.

remember those shitty little one-room book fairs? I would get stoked to buy a new captain underpants for weeks
>>
>>7727814
Haha yea, everyone gathering in an assembly line waiting to purchase the latest captain underpants or diary of a wimpy kid
>>
>>7727811

"Put my small penis in her." - William H. Gass
>>
>>7727793
how did you guess
>>
>>7727775

>hey guys, turns out libertarianism really works when you have a Mike Sue AI solving your every problem while being a literal deus ex machina

>DUDE TANSTAAFL LMAO

Not a fan.
>>
>>7727775
Faust 1&2. At least 20 times.
>>
>>7727775
>>
this might sound weird, but i don't think i've ever read something again after reading it once.

i read at a slow pace and find myself re-reading passages often for a variety of reasons. i stop and analyze things, look up secondary texts, write what i think about it, all sorts of stuff.

after i'm done with it, i feel like i've pretty much gotten everything i possibly can out of it. don't have any huge desire to go back, at least not now, since there are other books to get to first.
>>
>>7727834
"Fuck the French."

t. William Gass
>>
File: the unconsoled.jpg (35KB, 316x500px) Image search: [Google]
the unconsoled.jpg
35KB, 316x500px
the first time i didn't even like it that much, it felt too weird and meandering and intense and i just didn't know what it was doing and felt uncomfortable and i stopped halfway through
and then a few years later my friend was telling me about this strange dreamlike book he'd read about a classical musician wandering through a confusing and unfathomably meaningful european town and encountering buried memories, and it sounded so familiar, and i realised i had previously attempted it that one time, so i read it again, and it struck a chord with me that time for some reason
and now i read it every couple of years at least and i can't explain what it is that i love so much about it, it just really fucking speaks to me
>>
File: jean cocteau.jpg (28KB, 314x475px) Image search: [Google]
jean cocteau.jpg
28KB, 314x475px
I can't get enough.

>>7728287
I'm reading that right now, it's pretty damn swell.
>>
>>7730118
if youve only read a book once you really havent read it all all. during a first read the book is too foreign
>>
>>7730265
did you fucking read anything i said?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.