[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one establish that characters care about each other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

How does one establish that characters care about each other without everyone assuming it's sexual? Or is that simply not possible in this day and age?
>>
By not being a sex-obsessed autist who assumes everything is about sex to begin with, as you evidently do.
>>
By the person being abundant enough, then doing a favor and not expecting sex in return.
What are their characters? You might be able to make the reader predict or at least understand their actions.
>>
>>7712164

Were you this deprived of regular human contact in your life that you can't think of how people can care for each other without it being sexual? I don't know if writing is the best hobby for you.
>>
>>7712175
>>7712201
Weird. Two people on /lit/ who can't read.
Try again, retards. I asked how to keep others from assuming that. Because in case you hadn't noticed from under your rocks, people seem to interpret everything as a romantic relationship (the pic was related.)
>>
It's weird cause a few years ago "bromance" was a big thing, but now everyone just thinks they're gay
>>
>>7712164
>>"Finn cares alot about Poe"

Wow was that so hard you retard
>>
>>7712258
They're just trying to undermine male companionship because it is the strongest bond there is.
Whoever "they" are, are either jealous or scared.
>>
>>7712164
Read the Iliad, Achilles and Patricolus
>>
>>7712164
There was nothing romantic about these guys
Only faggots see homo shit whenever two men meet
As long as you don't hint that some characters have something then people won't believe there's anything between them. And if people believe it even tho there was no hint towards it then they are retards. And you should not care about the opinion of retards
>>
>>7712164
what the fuck do you mean?
>>
>>7712297
they're cousins
>>
>>7712297
>implying there hasn't been tons of criticism of the Iliad in recent years implying a homosexual relationship between Achilles and Patroclus

its a terrible interpretation of the text but still some people made that connection, literally nothing is safe from queer theory
>>
>>7712309
People thought the sisters in Frozen were lesbians. Fuck, what's wrong with people that they think every relationship has to be sexual?
>>
>>7712209

No one but tumblrs and weirdos think that, and even then they're being slightly ironic about it. I think you're projecting your homovision on everyone.
>>
>>7712313
But Greeks were systemic homers
>>
>>7712258
Those people never had a true friend, someone they could barely their souls to. Pity. The way I see it, the only difference between a gay relationship with a man and a platonic one is the sodomy.
>>
>>7712332
*bare
>>
>>7712329
Sure, between old men and young boys. A homosexual relationship between two adult males of similar age, especially those of the warrior class, was still absolutely haram.
>>
File: 1431742466593.jpg (101KB, 561x480px) Image search: [Google]
1431742466593.jpg
101KB, 561x480px
>>7712332
>The way I see it, the only difference between a gay relationship with a man and a platonic one is the sodomy.
Post of the fucking thread
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.