[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like highbrow critique if low brow fodder. Any a.nons heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (8KB, 180x280px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
8KB, 180x280px
I like highbrow critique if low brow fodder. Any a.nons heard of/read this? Scholarly format discussion of death metal and horror..among other things...
>>
>>7711290
So did anybody care about this before that Radiolab episode or what?
>>
I tried Radiolab but the slapstick horseshit between the hosts made me want yo Panzeram everybody. (Look it up). Yeah, we live in a meme culture. Not a deep observation IMO. I learned aboutbit from some other meme, but pretty sure it wasn't RadioFuckinLab and their NPR ass monkeyshines.
>>
>>7711411
Yeah, I wish they would just stop with the fucking OCD effects constantly and switching through fifty different voices to say one goddamn sentence. I do still listen to them sometimes, the stories can be fun, but fuck I wish they would calm down sometimes. I have the same problem with a lot of modern podcasts, they all fucking do it: 99% Invisible, Serial, TAL. Fucking ridiculous.

Anyways, yeah. This book looks kind of gay but who knows, I haven't read it.
>>
>>7711428
I mostly read books that you think are kind of gay. Its a critical parameter. Your taste in podcasts is pretty cool so, I tip my fedora. Your a cool dude who doesn't afraid and not a faggot.
>>
>>7711428
Check out The Memory Palacesand Criminal ( like a one-and-done) Serial.
>>
>>7711436
Did you just have a stroke or something?
>>
>>7711442
I'll look them up. I'm going through some of the In Our Time backlog though, so I'm probably set for a few months at least. If they're short I'll give them a listen though. I'm a sucker for true crime.
>>
>>7711532
Naw I was just using an out of date meme.
>>
>>7712387
The elder fags remember.
>>
File: IMG_20160218_153645.jpg (108KB, 960x947px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160218_153645.jpg
108KB, 960x947px
>>7712614
>>
>>7712387
Memes used to be so bad lol.
>>
>>7713556
Suprise: they still are!
>>
>>7713582
Nah, memes are funny trash now. Used to be just trash.
>>
>>7711290
I have that book but I wasn't too keen on it but not because it was a fault for anything.

>>7711355
No. Nobody would have heard of this with out that radiolab.
>>
Daily reminder that podcasts are for pseudo intellectual faggots
>>
>>7713622
Its really sweet that you feel that way.
>>
>>7713646
Are you more of a 'let the cops shoot you' or a 'turn the gun on yourself' type of guy?
>>
>>7711290
Does this even have anything to do with Philosophy?
>>
yeah that book is highbrow lol good call
>>
>>7713723
He name checks Kant', Shoppenhauer. Aristotle among others. A lot if comparative lit. I like it so far.
>>
>>7713698
Are you more of a 'read sections of a wikipedia page' or a 'listen to a podcast while playing video games' type of pseudo-intellectual?
>>
>>7713876
I'm a normal , functioning person with a job and friends.
>>
>>7713876
nice, using pseudointellectual twice in one thread. That's hot.
>>
/thread.
>>
>>7711290
Read this after finishing philosophy thesis on bataille for undergrad. became interested in thackers work after listening to some of his conference presentations along with nicola masciandero.

book benefits from being approachable by people wo background in occult subject or mysticism because author reframes the difficulties of establishing an anti-ontology in relatable terms and examples. Major benefit to an educated person familiar w the issues as a reference manual for further research/investigation; numerous fascinating literary ephemera are cited. overall however i did not find it an immersive read.
>>
>>7714083
apologize for text abbreviations etc as i am writing this on a smartphone on a bus
>>
>>7714092
Thanks a.non.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.