[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone interested in collaborating for a script?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: fqgh5jfyak7qpx1u377i.jpg (44KB, 750x361px) Image search: [Google]
fqgh5jfyak7qpx1u377i.jpg
44KB, 750x361px
Genre: either comedy or mystery/suspense/thriller.

I'm a beginner too, btw. Though it'd be helpful if you know the basics of screenwriting (logline, specs), how it is different from novels/plays, and the formatting.
>>
Sure. I'll do all the work and you'll put your name on it.
>>
reddit please leave
>>
>>7699122
Why would you want to do collaborative writing (of all things) with a rando on the internet??
>>
>>7699125
really? thank!

I would like to pitch in a few ideas of my own for starters though
>>
>>7699122
not /lit/
>>
OK. I'm a relatively new screenwriter also. So I will humour you. What is the mystery/thriller you propose?
>>
>>7699143
Mite b fun

So long as OP doesn't get his hopes up it should be alright. Don't expect an actual script at the end but the process is fine.
>>
>>7699486
I'm not expecting this thread to last another 2 replies..but to help the guy/gal:
Read Story by Robert Mckee. If that doesn't help nothing will.
>>
>>7699484
>What is the mystery/thriller you propose?
Meet the Parents 4: Mystery Fockers

Gaylord's daughter is bullying a boy at school she has a crush on who has two gay dads (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone), and Gaylord and Jack have to navigate the delicate social milieu with hilarious consequences.

Also they try to work out what Indiana Jones 4 was all about.
>>
>>7699492
Ok thank you. Next qs. why does this story matter? Why spend all that time on it? You are a Meet the Parents fan?
>>
>>7699492
Sounds promising, but instead of homosexuals they need to be trannies.

Ergo: 'The Parent Trap'...cashing in on a recognized IT property.
>>
>>7699125
Umm, no. I'm not as unrealistic to dream of it as some potential million dollar sale. Its a learning exercise, and if we don't do the work, we don't learn.

>>7699486
>>7699484
Send your "email" to der.steppenwolfe1 at gmail; I'll add you to writerduet, brainstorm some pitches/loglines then divide up the responsibility on writing it.
>>
>>7699499
Op here. This >>7699492 wasn't me.
Although I can see the potential of the comedy here. A family guy-esque progressive trope-inverting comedy. But I'd rather stay off being preachy for this project.
>>
>>7699473
Screenwriting is very /lit/. Its just because a lot of bad movies get made that it gets a bad rep. Read any of the scripts by the Coen Brothers or some oscar winning original stuff and you'll know. Its no joke.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.