[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished my novella and want to choose a pen name that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: MD-Hudson-Photo[1].jpg (73KB, 1368x943px) Image search: [Google]
MD-Hudson-Photo[1].jpg
73KB, 1368x943px
I just finished my novella and want to choose a pen name that sounds oppressed. I don't want to use an Asian one since publishers may be on the lookout after the whole Yi-Fen Chou ordeal.

What kind of name should I choose? I was thinking of either one of those wacky African names, or just something with a lot of accent marks.
>>
Dan Smith.

If your writing is good it will get published don't hide because you fucking suck mad ass at writing.
>>
File: jew.gif (114KB, 387x370px) Image search: [Google]
jew.gif
114KB, 387x370px
only right answer
>>
>>7687589
Why not give myself an extra edge?
>>
Make it a Spanish name.

Juan Rivera or something.
>>
Your name shall be

éêèéêèéêè

It's a nice wave!
>>
Laquisha Sanchez Hebrewstein
>>
>>7687592
Because if people find out you're a pasty white autist you'll lose all credibility and probably never get published.
>>
>>7687601
lol
>>
A nonwhite sounding name will make it harder for you to get published and become popular, you moron. You need to sound as intelligent and rich as possible in your description, so maybe like Jeremiah Solomon or something.
>>
>>7687614
>A nonwhite sounding name will make it harder for you to get published and become popular, you moron.
Except that is not the case, as evidenced by OP's pic.
>>
>>7687586
I'd go with an Arab name, sucking Muslim dick is all the rage nowadays. As a fallback go with something Spanish, but make sure it doesn't sound too aristocratic.
>>
>>7687586
you should choose something that has to do with the story to cover your ass a bit
if you must, go with a spanish name, but real spanish, so nobody can accuse you of faking race
try for an argentine name
>>
>>7688118
>argentine name
No such thing exists
t. Argie
If you want to milk ethnicucks use the surname Mamaní
Ricardo Mamaní
>>
>>7687614
How about take it further: make it uber establishment.

Mordrid Windsor-De-Dorpington-Symthe the 3rd
>>
>>7688127
like german/italian family name, spanish given
you certainly have more common names than others
>>
>>7687586
for anyone that doesn't know:

Yi-Fen Chou ordeal = white guy gets poem rejected by 40 journals, submits it as Yi-Fen Chou, it's published, eventually ends up in The Best American Poetry 2015 anthology

pretty amusing
>>
>>7687586
Have you tried Michael Derrick Hudson?
>>7687589
I guess the subtle truth of your response is lost on you.
>>
>>7687586
Yi-Fen Chou was the Sokal Hoax of modern poetry. I especially loved the table-banging responses from butthurt libs.
>>
>>7687586
Use a regular English first name and an Arabic last name. Muslims are the "in" oppressed/controversial group right now. But make it phony-sounding so they don't think you're pretending to be a real person.
>>
>>7687601
top tier, totally unsubtle, love it
>>
>>7687614
that's demonstrably false.
>>
>>7687586
his poems were really shitty. just came here to say that
>>
Arón Pracchipatekewicz ibn Cheong van der Tswenda
>>
if this is what you worry about then i doubt - even if prejudice towards white authors didn't exist - that your work could stand on its own anyway.
>>
>>7687589
>>7690647
Publishing has next to nothing to do with quality writing though. It's all a hobnobbing game of knowing or meeting the right people under the right circumstances. Inventing a favorable persona for your work is a time-honored way of getting past the "filters" and it always shows that no one gives a shit about quality so much as who/what/where they think a piece is coming from.
>>
>>7687590
A novel by Congra Lations...
I like it!
>>
Matt M. Sacosis
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.