[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about Foucault's ethics of care of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

Can we talk about Foucault's ethics of care of the self for a moment?
>>
>>7683395
I'm about to dive into the book later today, so not sure how much I could add until then. My only familiarity thus far comes from a (very) few essays and interviews I've read by/of him.

The basic understanding that he operates with is a basic adherence to ideology as the driving force for action, thought, and thus ethics; the dichotomies set up by a society determine what is considered deviant (obviously) and dangerous (a very loaded term when he uses it, which I'd recommend that anons look up in greater detail).

Ethics, as they concern the "self" (which is what The Care of Self is supposedly about), arise along three axes, depending on the type of society you're in: pleasure, actions, and desire. They become more or less relevant in a particular culture's context.

An interesting subtext that I've found so far is how Foucault deviates from Marxism, in the sense that the "self" is conceived of and cared for on a personal/individual level. i.e. the "self" isn't a direct result of the Marxist idea of economic reproduction and ideological apparatuses. The ideology produced in society instead merely determines the particulars of a society's ethics (as they pertain to pleasure, action, and desire) and thus the ways in which someone can deviate, but doesn't implicate the actual production of the self.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.