[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the XXI Century of art and litterature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: master_and_marguerite.jpg (20KB, 209x242px) Image search: [Google]
master_and_marguerite.jpg
20KB, 209x242px
Hi /lit/,

I m studying modern litterature, andI have a presentation to do about
the art and litterature.

But I really don t kno anythingh on the subject and I need some advices
to prepare the subject.

so, What kind of movement should I study, any idea?
>>
Ezra Pound, TS Eliot
>>
>>7679211
he said XXI you dip
>>
>>7679220
:{D fug XDDD

XXI century? There haven't been any coherent movements in this century yet. And it has been 20 years.
>>
I ve forgot to mention it s about XXI art and litterature and I know the XX,
>>
If you mean modern as in 'modernist', you could do worse than to start with Richard Brettell 'Modern Art 1851-1929'. Great overview, lots of illustrations.
>>
My teacher talks us about "performance" for example there is a man who thinks intelligent to take some water from the meditteranea in syria take the plane, land in egypt and empty it in the red sea
>>
>>7679188
You could try looking at New Sincerity, but that's nowhere near as strong or cohesive a movement as Modernism or Postmodernism. There really aren't any big new movements yet. This century lacks the young prodigies of the last; it doesn't have people like Pound or Joyce who were young enough to have new ideas and talented enough to spread them.
>>
>>7679233
It looks more like a music movement than a litterature s one
>>
You should write about black metal compare it to the romantic movement discuss proto nationalist themes in Goethe and Keats and how paganism is prevalent in both
>>
what about talking about the chasm which separe our occidental world one tending to breed with the differents civilisations and one rediscovering there roots. In one hand european rap, utilisation of the others civilisation codes on the other hand the different sort sort of metal, great interest of us for our history and so on.

Just for the context I live in France so I have to be soft but give me your ideas, I may post what I will do/use
>>
>>7679333
What impact has Islam had on french letters didn't houellebecq get jailed for hate ?
>>
>>7679359
>>7679359
I don t really know, I have to make a difference between Islam and Magreb. Magreb have a certain influence on us first the pied noir like Camus really love this country, I do too, Islam has a little impact on their spirits it s far more the country itself. But from know on, with the algerian morrocos, tunisian who came to France it does have impacted french litterature but I do not really know. Teacher tell us about some of them but I can t remember. And I don t think to talk about it, it s not a good idea.

About Houellebecq I do not really know and wikipedia didn t say anythingh about jail. I have to talk about International litterature not just French
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.