[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /lit/, are there any good books where the obvious villain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (49KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 500x343px
Hey, /lit/, are there any good books where the obvious villain is the protagonist, and wins? I recently read Cask of Amontillado, and thought,"what if a book had the complexity of The Count of Monte Cristo, mixed with the general perspective of Cask of Amont?"
I'm tired of the hero winning so often. It's so droll.
>>
>>7678383
>I'm tired of the hero winning so often
I don't remember the last book that I read with a hero and a villian...
>>
>>7678383
>droll
youkeepusingthatword.jpg

Sounds like you need antiheroes. White Tiger might be what you're after. Also Oskar in the Tin Drum does some nasty shit.
>>
Well I'm reading all of Lady Snowblood and Yuki is a nasty person. She makes a butler rape the daughter of his master, and later on kills a sick nobleman's daughter by having so much sex with her she dehydrates and dies.
>>
>>7678383
Good vs Bad is a stupid creation of the christianism (that doesn't exists in the bible).

Are you reading too much comics.
>>
Starship Troopers
>>
File: 2012-07-13-Happy-Ending.png (202KB, 900x390px) Image search: [Google]
2012-07-13-Happy-Ending.png
202KB, 900x390px
>>7678383
it's a whole genre. it's called horror. its specifically for people who dont want a happy ending.
>>
>>7678404
nope. evil is the corruption of gods will. good vs bad does not exist in the christian canon. that is propaganda. whites vs the evil brutish negro for example.

of course sympathy for the devil exists as a trope where the author intentionally blurs the lines between the two to confuse the protagonist and reader. although it's all just a false dichotomy.
>>
The Stranger
>>
Anyone else stop even thinking in terms of happy/sad endings and more on whats the natural outcome of the elements present?
>>
>>7678383
WWII
>>
Have you read The Tell-tale Heart?
It's my favorite Poe story
>>
The Idiot
>>
>>7678392
I thought droll meant boring/uninteresting.
>>7678389
I actually ask because of a film, rather than a book. Cape Fear was great except the ending.
>>
>>7679676
The word you're looking for is probably "dull".
>>
File: 21726.jpg (25KB, 318x470px) Image search: [Google]
21726.jpg
25KB, 318x470px
>>7678383
>>
>>7678417
But the mouth mudslime died.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.