[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is American """"""""""""""hard""""""""""""""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (151KB, 1181x1968px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 1181x1968px
Why is American """"""""""""""hard"""""""""""""" sci-fy so unimaginative and entry level?
>>
>>7672868
because it's not literature
>>
>>7672868
>why is genre fiction shit?
There, now go ask that question somewhere that cares about such things.
>>
>>7672868

Hard sci-fi is written by autist science nerds, so they can't really have imaginations or be creative and such.
>>
>>7672874
Soviet scify was objectively good.
>>
>>7672878
this

stem: the books
>>
>implying 2001 is hard sci fi

senpai..
>>
2001 is Childhood's End but watered down. The movie was much better.
>>
>>7672881
Care to recommend some? only read Roadside Picnic so far.
>>
2001 was good though
>>
>>7673592
2001 was a good book. I agree.
>>
Why is everyone so insanely obsessed with America, seething with rage and hatred? You people have real issues, its sad
>>
File: 1317700026256.gif (463KB, 218x169px) Image search: [Google]
1317700026256.gif
463KB, 218x169px
>>7673592
Also agree. Also Rendezvous with Rama is god-tier
>>
>>7672906
>he didnt read the whole quadrillogy
>space Odyssey 3000 was the best one
>he didnt cry reading about how bowman's brother died
>>
>>7673757
The word you’re looking for is tetralogy, my friend.
>>
>>7672868
Let me just say that I read the beginning, skipped a major portion of the middle, and read the end.
And I thought the book was fantastic, the end is the best part, and possibly the only part with any merit.
It's well worth reading, the end, that is.
>>
>>7673737
they're OBSESSED
>>
Why has no one mentioned that Clarke is English?
>>
Something something Blindsight by Peter Watts, now off yourself.

If you count Canada as America
>>
>>7672868
Sci-fi is for nerds. HARD sci-fi is for pretentious autistic nerds. You do the math.
>>
>>7675140
winrar
>>
>>7675229
lol spotted the neckbeard wanna be elitist who cant be bothered to read hard scifi because its too advanced for him

nice one m8.
>>
>>7673754
Only the first one
>>
this """"""""""""meme""""""""""" isn't really catching on is it
>>
>>7672868
I don't know, OP, but why did you attach the cover of this great book?
>>
>>7672868
why is /lit/ so opposed ti literature as a form of entertainment? there is nothing wrong with FUN.

and what is the point of reading Phil only? you fucking neets arent gonna change the world or leave a mark. no one will remember you and you wont leave an impression on anyone because of what you read from Papa Kant.

fuck off.
>>
>>7676040
Dude chill. Some of us like to read both science fiction and philosophy (although I doubt more than 10% of this board actually reads any philosophy to begin with) for fun. Don't let the mememongers ruse you.
>>
>>7675140
Because 2001 is actually good hard SF, unlike ...
>>
>>7676054
t-thanks anon. sometimes I forget the banter in here is on at all times.
>>
>>7676040
On /lit/ you are supposed to feel existenzangst, oppressed and disadvantaged all the time.
>>
>>7672868
>Thinking Hard Sci-Fi means Realistic Sci-Fi
>>
>>7676065
The only way to experience this board without hatred and angst is to let yourself be gently taken, from thread to thread, by your curiosity and, without posting, to observe the workings of this tremendously fascinating organic machine.
>>
>>7672868
Clarke was british tho
>>
>>7675894
Maybe not here but fuck have you glanced at /int/?
>>
How about The Expanse
>>
>>7676469
>Have you glanced at int?
No, I'm not retarded. That place is for people too stupid to learn English.
>>
>>7672868
What do you mean by unimaginative, or for that matter entry level? I highly doubt the crowed that would read a space opera or for that matter The Martian would read 2001, or in addition any of the old sci fi greats.
>>
I am reading Aurora by Kim S. Robinson at the moment, after not reading any sf for like 5 years..
Seems decent
>>
File: Cyteen2.jpg (35KB, 318x448px) Image search: [Google]
Cyteen2.jpg
35KB, 318x448px
>>7672868
Come back when you've read this.
>>
Say that to PKD's face, faggot
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.