[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to buy Beckett's "The Trilogy," but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 178x266px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 178x266px
I want to buy Beckett's "The Trilogy," but I'm not sure whether I should buy the compendium or each novel separately. I'll definitely save money buying the single volume but I'm not sure of the edition's quality, and carrying around and reading three books in-one seems clunky to me.

/lit/'s thoughts? Does anyone have pic related?
>>
>>7667411
I bought the compendium myself from Amazon, partially because it saved me more money than buying each book separately, but you seem less certain about this than I am. For you, I'd suggest only buying the book in the trilogy that you most want to read, and then if you read and like that you can buy the other books in the trilogy. This way, you save money if you end up not wanting to read the rest of the trilogy. I've seen mixed responses towards Beckett's novels so you may not even like them all.
>>
>>7667455
I'm interested in all of them, is the compendium comfortable to read? Is it printed well? I won't be sorry buying all it so long as the edition is good. It costs less than a single copy of Molloy.
>>
>>7667411
Buy the Everyman's Library edition. It is the best I've seen if you are looking for the trilogy. I have it and love it. Their books are always quality.
>>
>>7667652
Is that all? I had it in mind that they were longer works. I'll be buying the collection, then.

Thanks all!
>>
>>7667411

It's like, 400 pages all together. It's not bulky at all, not any more than an average book.
>>
File: 1454707429315.jpg (20KB, 232x232px) Image search: [Google]
1454707429315.jpg
20KB, 232x232px
>>7667411
stop reading translations you pseud
>>
>>7667699
Beckett translated it himself

But I'm sure you know that

You're just shitposting

Having fun

On the internet

Sharing memes with

Friends
>>
>>7667706
>Beckett translated it himself
no he didn't you dumbass. paul bowles did.
>>
File: hmmm.png (186KB, 1096x547px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
186KB, 1096x547px
>>7668115
>being this smug about being so wrong
>>
>>7667699
stop complaining about translations you pseud.
>>
>>7668612
hey fuck you asshole if we were back on reddit i would downvote and report you
>>
File: 1451838588702.jpg (180KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1451838588702.jpg
180KB, 517x768px
>>7667699

stop pretending that you know ancient greek you pseud.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.