[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when French was kill ? http://www.bfmtv.com/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: Limmy.jpg (146KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
Limmy.jpg
146KB, 476x476px
Where were you when French was kill ?

http://www.bfmtv.com/societe/adieu-accent-circonflexe-la-reforme-de-l-orthographe-va-s-appliquer-en-septembre-948738.html
>>
WTF
I'd never even heard of this
Foutrecouilles
>>
>>7657510
>government directly modifying a language instead of letting it change on its own
Disgusting. Centralized government was a mistake.
>>
Same happened to Greek some forty years ago, namely the polytonic system was completely abandoned.

This will have an effect on the cultural and linguistic connotations of words, which I find pretty sad.
>>
>>7657510
>Ce gouvernement...
>Ce putain de gouvernement...
>>
>>7657582
>>7657736
It's the Académie Française behind this, not the government.

>>7657652
Maybe, most of the changes have a good explanation. They are just babbling now, as always.
>>
>>7657652
This. Also, the German double S symbol was taken away and the SS was encouraged.
>>
>>7657582
the official language is a social construct anyway

there's a shitload of dialects and one was arbitrarily picked to represent the entirety of some "French"
>>
>>7657510
>le même jour
>le meme jour
french is ours now
>>
>>7659308
No they're not. They are (were) just grasping at any chance to feel relevant, the shitten fuckers
>>
>>7657510
Who cares.

I'll still learn and use the old way.
>>
>>7659352
Germans learned and used their old writing system until one day they didn't

stop being butthurt about fucking ortography
>>
>>7659356
You misunderstand, reading and cultural connection are the only reasons I study other languages.

If the changes are unfavorable, I'll ignore them. I see no cause to care.
>>
File: 1442811052119.jpg (203KB, 1740x940px) Image search: [Google]
1442811052119.jpg
203KB, 1740x940px
>>7657510
french is dead since the emergence of the middle class by the liberals.
>>
>>7659334
that's not entirely true. we still use the ß, only in fewer (less? i'm high right now) words.
>>
>>7659524
fewer, but I'm sure some congregation of degeneracy enforcement experts will be around to inform us that less is fine too any time now
>>
>>7659549
>congregation of degeneracy enforcement experts
lmao /pol/ do you actually believe this?
>>
>>7659524
don't you krautniggers only use it when there would be 3 Ss in a row?
>>
>>7659524
>>7659549
>>7659560
Christ you guys are idiots.

The ß is used after a long vowel (groß, Maß), the ss is used after a short vowel (Schloss, krass)
>>
>>7659556
this is a hyperbolic board chile how did you even end up here
>>
>>7659556
>/pol/ bogeyman
>>
>>7659524

ß is the dumbest letter imaginable. Had a teacher that insisted on pronouncing it differently as ss in every word that existed. And then she'd written a test with half of it consisting of ss in ß words, made my life a hell.

Got one up on that german bitch. Was cheating at a test of hers with cheatsheet up my sleeve, she thought she got me, but never found my cheatsheet that I safely dropped and stepped on.
>>
>ognon
>>
Will they edit new publications of old books to "correct" the orthography?
>>
Am I the only person on /lit/ not fluent in French? What is the article about?
>>
>>7659343
That was exactly anon's point
Prescriptards gonna prescript
>>
I never post on /lit/ but I saw that and I'm honestly disgusted. It's called "promoting the dumb", people shall not make any effort to learn? Why? Becuz its 2 konplicated olol. And all of this for what? So that it can simplify the life of all those fucking immigrants that invaded us (/pol/ thingy but I had to say it because the reform that had been made 26 years ago by some douches were implemented only after the big scale Syria immigration. Ma chère langue natale a honte et elle demande satisfaction.
I'm disgusted by my own country. Languages don't evolve by using grammatical Diktats, languages evolve on their own. Trying to force this shit is simply the first step to dumbing everything down to stupidity. What shall it be next? Put words in a blender, mix for 10 seconds and we make a new word with whatever remains?

助けてください、先輩。
>>
>>7659666
It's about tipping the hats off some letters
>>
>>7659666
They're getting rid of î and û and simplifying some other words, like "oignon" --> "ognon".
>>
>>7659751
Also removing the hyphens from some words, like "porte-feuille" and "week-end", which is not as controversial.
>>
>>7659673
implying french isn't one of the most conservative european languages
>>
>>7659751
>like "oignon" --> "ognon"

what the nigger fuck
>>
>Un grand soleil d’hiver éclaire la colline
>Que la nature est belle et que le cœur me fend
>La justice viendra sur nos pas triomphants

>^
>Vive la France !
>>
http://www.lemonde.fr/les-decodeurs/article/2016/02/04/non-l-accent-circonflexe-ne-va-pas-disparaitre_4859439_4355770.html
>>
>>7659900
>Le syndicat étudiant UNI et l’observatoire des programmes scolaires ont même publié un communiqué rageur contre la ministre de l’éducation, Najat Vallaud-Belkacem, qui « se croit autoriser [sic] à bouleverser les règles de l’orthographe et de la langue française ».
Grands dieux
>>
>>7659920
>Grands dieux
Il faut tout de même considérer que les conséquences d'une pareille réforme sont irréversibles. C'est une vraie farce tout ce bordel.
>>
>>7657510
Why does French even have diacritics? English gets along fine with just dipthongs, and we share a similar orthological history.

Would there be a serious problem with homophones?
>>
>>7659660
The modification will affect only textbook for primary school so it'll affect the next generation, which basically is a meme because probably [I'm not even joking] half of it is arabs and blacks.
>>
I live in Canada and don't remember shit about the French I was forced to learn in school (I would have liked to learn it, but the Ontario curriculum is a steaming pile of hot diarrhea).

How is French kill?
>>
File: rbt22.jpg (11KB, 169x204px) Image search: [Google]
rbt22.jpg
11KB, 169x204px
>HURRR WE NEED UNNECESSARY SHIT IN OUR LANGUAGE BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL SMARTER BAWWW BAWWWW
You people can't be dumber if you tried
>>
>>7659334
>the SS was encouraged

I knew you guys were nazis all along.
>>
>>7661080
>Meanwhile in English Ebonics is a thing
>>
>>7660973
Those are the kids that don't learn anything at school...
>tfw kebabs will accidentally end up the last bastion of expressive orthography
>>
It's really not that big a deal.

Only 2000 words are concerned and getting an additional spelling.

This will only further the divide between the pleb and patrician.
>>
>Ognon
>Nénufar
>Ognon
>Nénufar
>Ognon
>Nénufar
>Ognon
>Nénufar
>Ognon
>Nénufar
>Ognon
>Nénufar

Encore du nivellement vers le bas. En limitant le langage, on limite l'expression des idées et on transforme la langue en une chose simpliste et vulgaire, c'est aussi simple que ça.

1984 pour quand?
>>
>>7661080
>What is phonetic
That's the thing, it isn't entirely useless you anglo.
>>
>>7663096
>>Ognon
>>Nénufar

They look like Orkish or Klingon words.
>>
>>
File: 1441508049170.jpg (214KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1441508049170.jpg
214KB, 1024x768px
Je rappel que seul les pauvres tirent une certaine fierté de l'orthographe abscon (car ils n'ont que cela pour eux)alors que les intellectuels ne venant pas de classe moyenne sont tous en faveur des améliorations.
>>
File: 1453918273091.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1453918273091.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>7663512
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.