[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about ballsack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: HBalzac.jpg (225KB, 800x998px) Image search: [Google]
HBalzac.jpg
225KB, 800x998px
What do you think about ballsack?
>>
>>7653765
Father Goriot was a good novel, and Vautrin is a great Faustian character.
>>
I hope that anglo will have a writter like this one day.
>>
Ballsack. Don't like him. Proto-ASOIAF worldbuilding autism.
>>
>>7653765
The dude ate ground coffee.
>>
One of my literary role models

Lost Illusions is amazing
>>
>>7654958
I just ordered this. I'm somewhat dreading that it will have the same bildungsroman feel of of human bondage. are my worries founded?
>>
>>7654989
The main character is a total bastard, but just know that Balzac is laughing at the whole thing, too. That book has it all. The first two parts are my favorite
>>
>>7655130
okay, sounds good. I just didn't want it to be a sob story about a lil omega bitch.
>>
>>7655138
it's less sob story and more like arrogant youngster sets himself up for disappointment

It's a good model of what a wannabe poet/writer looks like, and Balzac memorably takes out a lot of pet hatred of Parisian journalists
>>
>>7655144
ah, so i'll be reading my journal.
>>
>>7655147
it will be a good self-awareness experience, balzac makes some pretty sharp insights across the board

enjoy
>>
has good books like pere goriot and lost illusions, but also wrote a lot of filler, melodramatic bs, hes animportant author, pioneer of "realism", but he still carries a lot of melodrama.
>>
>>7653765
Reading a collection of short stories at the moment, Sarrasine was great and I couldn't help but laugh in Adieu when the count gets decapitated, and at the ending.

>>7654958
I enjoyed everything to do with the printers and the publishing business but the rest of the novel didn't click for me. I want to give it another shot and maybe read the sequel.
>>
>>7655428
I was mostly in it to read Balzac's depiction of Paris, but it was hilarious reading about the woes of this lil nerd Lucien and all of his little strivings and attempts to climb the ladder in the provinces and then Paris. Lots of good comedy

all of the journalists and his little salon were hilarious too
>>
>>7655406
pere goriot is the definition of "melodrama" and that doesn't really mean anything bad.
>>
Too sweaty.

Too hairy.
>>
why hasn't our """"evolution"""" made it so that our ballsacks are in ourselves? it's an open weak point
>>
>>7656275
If they were inside us, the sperm would die of heat.
>>
>>7655406
This board should just stop using the term melodrama as a legitimate negative criticism.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.