[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it come across as pretentious or "lol dude weed"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Will it come across as pretentious or "lol dude weed" if my stories have surrealistic scenes but the prose itself isn't doing anything particularly experimental?

I find that all of my ideas revolve around stories that don't really "make sense" as far as traditional plots go but I'm not interested in being like Joyce or anything.
>>
In a Gar ia
>>
>>7647837
read murakami
you'll be at that level if you do it properly
while /lit/ will call you pleb, it will be alright and you might even sell a few books
godspeed
>>
>>7647846
Fucked up
Do you mean in a Garcia Marquez style? Regarding the fantastic as commonplace and so on
>>
>>7647854
I've never read Marquez but yeah that sounds about right I suppose.

For instance the story I have an idea for right now revolves around an 18 year old who develops a fetish for hugging windmills. One night while he is out on his father's ranch sneaking hugs he sees a group of people putting something on the windmills. He scares them off and later his father and he realizes they are bombs. They return and he discovers that they are a group of Luddites who have been going around destroying big pieces of technology like that. So he joins up with them and they take over Apple's headquarters. But then the protagonist discovers (by fucking one of the chicks in the group) that everyone else in said organization are androids. When he reveals this to everyone they decide to commit group suicide and that's the end of the story.

I've had this idea for a while and there's never been an explanation for any of it and I never felt like there needs to be either
>>
>>7647889
sounds like a Pynchon novel, you're fine
>>
>>7647889
I don't know why but the first thing that came into my head when I read that summary was "Tryhard."
So take that as you will.
>>
>>7647889
huh that seems decent don't listen to this dude:
>>7647945
he's still afraid of himself
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.