[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of Morrissey's autobiography?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Morrissey_Autobiography_cover.jpg (19KB, 300x457px) Image search: [Google]
Morrissey_Autobiography_cover.jpg
19KB, 300x457px
What does /lit/ think of Morrissey's autobiography? Is it worth reading?
>>
It's a modern classic, of course it's worth reading.
>>
>penguin classic

dropped
>>
if you like Morrissey, yeah. not sure why you'd read it otherwise.
>>
>>7641270
this basically. no other reason.
>>
>>7641197
not for any literary value. Only if you like Morrissey. Which means you're a faggot.
>>
>>7641334
>he doesn't like mozz/the smiths
absolutely repugnant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgxEJOi6GtA
>>
>>7641197
Reading? No.
Displaying? Yes.

It's a perfect encapsulation of everything that's wrong with the publishing industry.
>>
The first half is good but after that it becomes a rambling jumble of "THAT COURT CASE WAS FUCKING GAY".

That's the literary aspect. As far as truth goes, it's obvious Moz is trying to pump himself up. He goes out of his way to shit-talk Bowie at every turn, despite the fact that Bowie was incredibly nice to him, renknown in the industry for helping new artists, and that Moz himself wanted to BE Bowie but refuses to admit it. It's a very slanted story but he does a decent literary job for the first half of the book.

Treat it as a novel and stop halfway through and you'll enjoy it a great deal.
>>
yes

last quarter or so is absolute shit but childhood to mid-90s is gold. the court case is like a lost kafka novel
>>
>>7641374
While the first, non-court-case section is good (particularly the bits about school and childhood, though I wish he'd expanded a bit more on his trips to the U.S.) it's pretty devoid of organization. There was some really good bits of writing though, from what I remember.

>>7641377
>the court case is like a lost kafka novel

That implies it would be good. In reality it's just a lot of whinging and making Mike Joyce out to be a simpleton.

>>7641369
I thought it was pretty funny.
>>
>>7641197

i like the writing style. it is refreshingly poetic and elegant instead of sparse and minimalist. some may find it pretentious but i liked it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.