[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw can't write >tfw having only stupid ideas like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 2304234.jpg (130KB, 2300x920px) Image search: [Google]
2304234.jpg
130KB, 2300x920px
>tfw can't write
>tfw having only stupid ideas like some guy turns into a cockroach one day or some guy kills a woman with an axe
how do i learn to write /lit/?
>>
Kill yourself. Filthy dumb frogposting scum.
>>
Write about your life and add 4chan greentext stories
>>
LSD
>>
I think good writers come in two types.

An extraordinary personality

or

extraordinary circumstances.

A great writer has both.
>>
Write what you know. In your case, write about being a faggot.
>>
Just play around with other writers' ideas. Instead of a man turning into a cockroach, write about how a Turk becomes something other than a cockroach
>>
my newest bok is about man becominug a bat named bat mang he fights police and his aanarch nemy justin the skull boy
>>
>>7640576
kill yourself, stupid frogposter
>>
>>7640960
This just gave me a great idea. Thanks senpai.
>>
>>7640960
i am op and i'm turkish. reported.
>>
>>7640814
kek
>>
>turns into a cockroach

What a stupid fucking idea. Who in their right mind would write something so fucking kafkaesque?
>>
>>7640576
>like some guy turns into a cockroach one day or some guy kills a woman with an axe
It sounds fucking retarded. What next, gonna tel me that the reasons why guy changed into the bug are never going to be revaled and he is just going to wake op as a giant anthropod one morning? And axe murder? The hell? You wan to make some retarded pseudo-nietzsche statement about superhuman who can kill someone bad to make better use of their money or something? Just fuck off.
>>
>>7640978
This just gave me a great idea. Thanks senpai.
>>
>>7641054
Great! Don't forget to sort out your will first.
>>
I have an Idea where in the future people start putting human brains into mechanically bodies so they last longer and then he becomes paranoid and starts thinking that maybe all around him is AI and in the end he discovers that he himself is an AI
>>
File: 1453083675127.jpg (54KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1453083675127.jpg
54KB, 640x360px
>>7640576
Just keep going. Practice makes perfect.
>>
>>7640984
its not like your kind has any rational faculties to offend.
>>
>>7640672
this
>>
Writing is the only thing I want to do in life, but I get crippling stress and anxiety whrn I make serious attempts at writing stories. I know, you'll be shit for years when you start out, and you'll only get better by doing, but the amount of hurt it puts on my mind is astro omical and it often prevents me from doing any writing at all. Despite this I can't see myself doing anything else. Books are my hobby and my passion; I don't feel strongly about anything else.
>>
1. write. As you write you will improve obviously. As you write you will expel the filth within you and the good writing will start to come out. However that will only happen after you get rid of the filth. Though it may be painful to write something "bad" it is the only way.

2. Read, nigga
>>
>Pretty shit at writing
>Have this intense internal monologue, some cock sucking faggot is sitting at the helm of my brain and actually writing down EVERYTHING I think and everything I do like it's some best seller
>Try to put it on a page
>It looks like some schizophrenic shit out alphabet soup

God damnit. I want to do myself justice. I want to write at least be something worthwile.

I read and write every day, I try new styles, I'm even thinking of submitting things for publication (to my Universities lit mag. I figure a little victory will help boost my self esteem). I'm only 20, /lit/, and I frittered my childhood away on the vidya, on the internet, socializing (and not even the meaningful kind. Not like parties or slaying poon, It was just gaming with friends or driving around and listening to music), when I should have been reading some of the classics and challenging myself

I was a prodigy in my babby regular English classes, I'm sure I would have done great in any meaningful English course but I was too lazy and self-hating to challenge myself

/lit/, should I try and suck start my dad's 12-gauge?

>>7640614
I've considered writing in green text style. I think it's an incredibly unique storytelling device that leaves room for beautiful prose as well as "efficient" storytelling.
>>
As much as I want to tell you to kill yourself for frogposting, the answer is write.

Writing when you aren't inspired and don't know what to fucking write is how you get better.

You'll also be surprised by how often you're writing something and the whole time you're sitting there thinking about how much it looks like a massive pile of elephant shit but you push yourself through it because it has to be finished for better or for worse. Then you look at it a week, two weeks, a month, three months later and it's actually pretty god damn decent.

It never gets better. Ever. You will always have days where you're uninspired and don't know what to write. Just gotta force yourself through it.
>>
>>7640576

write down your dreams
>>
>>7643253
Could be worse. I'm nearly 24 and I o ky got seriousky into literature not even two years ago, with less time spent on any writing. There are so many books I want to read, and so much writing I want to.
>>
>>7643271
Written anything Anon?
>>
>>7643253
>>7643271

I'm 30. I spent my 20's doing exactly what you're talking about. Dropped out of high school, haven't been to college, had a couple of long periods where I hopped around jobs or didn't have one. Haven't been in a relationship since I was 24 and she rightfully left me cause I was a bum with no ambition or motivation. Only started taking my reading and writing seriously as of late. I've had The Republic, Crime and Punishment and War& Peace on my bookshelf for years but I didn't read any of them until a few months ago.

There was a point where I felt like you do but I don't anymore.I feel like I'm making up for lost time and taking this shit as seriously as I should have a long time ago. I know my shit stinks right now but I'm optimistic for the future as I work a shit job while most of my friends I still talk with from those days are making two-three times more than I am. Right now I'm doing two books a month and 1k words a day. Eventually I'ma get that up to 2k words a day.
I'm hoping in a few years of doing this that everything will be a lot different for me than is now, and if it isn't then I'll keep doing it until it is.

You just have to change that mindset. Push yourself. A lot of people say this and it sounds like bullshit but exercise really is fucking good for helping with learning how to challenge yourself.

20 is fucking nothing. If you really want to, you can start changing it all now and avoid making that mistake not nearly as bad as I did.
>>
>>7640576
But anon, those are famous novels
>>
My biggest obstacle when it co.es to writing is making scenes ladt linger than a couple paragraphs

>Make a detailed outline of events and the order they'll go in and fleshed out characters
>Write the general direction of things and how I want the story to go
>Still struggle to write scenes that last longer than half a page before fizzling out
Fuck, I don't know how authors manage to write so much and keep it all relevant.
>>
>>7640576
>some guy turns into a cockroach for a day
Holy fuck, I don't know why I find this funny. I just imagine a man wearing a wifebeater and sweatpants waking up, going to the bathroom, finally realizing he has a roach dick when he tries to piss.
>>
>>7643344
I would hope that's the joke.
It also shows how pleb /lit/ is by not recognising them.
>>
>all these people not getting the satire in OPs post

It's confirmed, /lit/ doesn't fucking read.
>>
Farting next to his face, her gust - a maelstrom of feccal particles and methane - crept silently into his nose.
The smell of crusty poo woke him gagging.
>>
I'm trying to get together a short story for this contest that ends in a week. So far I've been collecting every idea and every failed story I've written to mash together into a world.

What's my best plan of action? I gathered everything together and made small mixed up profiles of the "evil" aspect and the "good" aspect, but I don't want to make it seem so philosophically heavy that I can't carry it through. I've never written a full story before, so this is all kind of cringey.

>>7644903
The Metamorphosis and what else?
>>
>>7644959
>The Metamorphosis and what else?
crime and punishment u god damn simpleton holy shit where did all these reddit tier queers come from
>>
>>7644959
>The Metamorphosis and what else?

Crime and Punishment.
>>
>>7644961
>>7644965
Thanks guys. I've only read The Brother Karamozov so far, I'll check that out. ;-)
>>
>tfw my genius transcends the written word

You fags will never know this feel.
>>
>>7644991
>I lack the vocabulary and critical thinking to articulate myself
I used to, yeah.
>>
>>7644998
*shove you against a locker*

What the FLIP did you just say!?
>>
>>7645010
I-I-I-I n-n-nothing *squeels*
Senpai, you're hurting me mmmff
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.