[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a /lit/ meet up? What would it be like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (23KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 313x470px
Has there ever been a /lit/ meet up?
What would it be like?

Have you ever met anyone who browses /lit/ irl?
>>
>>7640195
>what would it be like?
6 people in a starbucks mumbling about Infinite Rainbow.
>>
>>7640195
When I went to see The end of the Tour, there was a guy quietly standing alone in line, a few metres behind reading Gravitys rainbow.

Everyone else in the theatre were 'artsy' rich kids.

I've no way to know for sure, but I know for a fact that a few of you guys are from Melbourne, so just maybe.
>>
I met someone who drunkenly mentioned /lit/ memes in a small country town in Australia. They seemed cool
>>
>>7640195
>What would it be like?
really boring
>>
I once posted in a lit survey thread (this was about three years ago) and some guy replied saying he was from the same town and wanted to study literature and French at university, same as me. I lived in a small town and only two high schools offered French. I had been to both schools at separate times (was expelled from the first) and knew they was only about 15 guys in town studying French, in the end I worked out who it was. In French class the next day I was like 'Hey Jesse, I see you browse lit, u read gravity's rainbow?'. He hadn't and we never really talked about it again.

>tfw he read l'etranger in french and i read it in english like the pleb i am
>tfw i gave up on french, he went to france after year 12 for a year
>>
>>7640207

I'm from Melbourne and cosplayed as David Foster Wallace to see that movie at Nova in Carlton
>>
>>7640195
it would be shit.it would be mostly faggots discussing how shit literature these days are and how good it was 100 years ago
>>
>>7640195
I walked into a store to get coffee once. Some fugly autist screamed "Gravity's Rainbow !!!!!!" I said "yeah." We looked at each other and then I left. I assume it would be like that.
>>
File: DSC_8457.jpg (396KB, 1024x1546px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8457.jpg
396KB, 1024x1546px
I'm planning on going to Dublin for Bloomsday, same as last year.
I'd enjoy having a beer with some of you memesters.
>>
>>7640426
Are you Irish? I plan to go there some day.
>>
>>7640207
>tfw live in the South
>go to see The End of the Tour in Nashville
>ran into one of my Philosophy professors
>everyone else was old retirees

Granted I went to a daytime showing, so that is significant.
>>
>>7640195

On my first day working at B&N, I started laughing at this kid who tried to buy a bunch of meme books like Notes from Underground, Blood Meridian, and Crying of Lot 49. There's no way he could have wanted to buy those specific books and not be a c/lit/.

My boss yelled at me and told me not to criticize the customer's choices, so I quit because I didn't want to spend my time putting up with people buying pleb garbage and not saying something about it.
>>
>>7640429
I am not, no.
Dublin was nice, though. I miss it already.
>>
>>7640426
As am I..We meet in Coppers?
>>
Most of /lit/ are white awkward guys studying stem or english. Must be boring as fuck
>>
>>7640673
Most of the greatest writers were white awkward guys studying stem or english.
>>
>>7640687
Great writers are boring, I prefer zany minorities like Junot Diaz
>>
>>7640687
None of you are writers. That hypersphere book is a good example of what /lit/ is.
Unfunny inside jokes and irony repeated endlessly by boring unoriginal people
>>
>>7640658
Sure, why not.
I guess we'll make a thread when we're a bit closer to the date.
>>
>>7640692
>None of you are writers.

I write on 4chan daily.
>>
>>7640692
Damn, you mean all that hard, sincere work I put in to Hypersphere for free was all for nothing?
>>
>>7640692
>implying we weren't skilled writers before our minds were infested with your shitty site
Imgur was where we shined
>>
>>7640701
Shone. Imgur is where we shone.
>>
>>7640673
I have friends of all demographics and the middle-class white guys are the most fun t b h.
>>
>>7640706
You think middle-class white guys are more fun than hookers?
>>
File: rbt22.jpg (11KB, 169x204px) Image search: [Google]
rbt22.jpg
11KB, 169x204px
>>7640695
Most of you are just as stereotypical and hiveminded as the people from Tumblr.
>white, male, right wing, awkward childhood and teens, not many friends, life decisions based on internet suggestions, lack of a role model, narcissistic, pretentious, contrarian and pseudo intellectual
Reddit today is basically a watered down 4chan. (less memes and blatant racism)
>>7640696
I guess you are an imageboard writer then.
>>7640706
Maybe because you are one of them
>>
>>7640710
Funnily enough, I actually knew two hookers on a personal level and they weren't that much fun. I guess they were interesting characters though.
>>
>>7640730
>T. Cuck
>>
>>7640730
>Maybe because you are one of them

What is fun to you and how are white men less capable of it than other people?
>>
>>7640730
The difference between Reddit and 4chan will always be username's and Upvotes.
Consequently, this is the same reason why 4chan is interesting, and Reddit is just a big circle-jerk.
I don't frequent Reddit, but I know people who do, the most popular opinions are placed on a pedestal, while the unpopular opinions are drowned and shunned.
You can never have an open conversation, exploring multifarious facets, as long as that feature exists.
If I wanted to read pseudo-yokel's attempting to impress other pseudo-yokels with tired puns and regurgitated opinions, then I would go to YouTube.
The wonderful thing about 4Chan is that even if people decide to circle-jerk, or team up on an anon with an unpopular opinion, their comment will remain, and expand a person's scope of thinking.
Reddit is just water circling a drain, fuck you for comparing Reddit to 4chan.
>>
>>7640742
Nice overused meme, just as original as I would expect from /lit/.
>>7640746
The problem isn't that you people aren't funny, you are ! For like 2 days, after that it's just the same thing over and over again. Only certain kind of people tell a joke that many times and expect it to be funny all the time, the unfunny and the socially uncalibrated.
>>
>>7640739
Did they have hearts of gold?
>>
File: 1454034128327.png (57KB, 590x520px) Image search: [Google]
1454034128327.png
57KB, 590x520px
>>7640782
Found the Cuckboy Redditor.
>>
>>7640693
Sounds like a plan
>>
>>7640781

4chan DOES have a voting system in the form of replies. When you see a post that has 40 replies, that's the same thing as an up voted post on Reddit.

However, it's effect is actually worse than the voting system of Reddit: since only the loudest, most obnoxious, most hateful posters get this many replies, it encourages this type of posting. It's very evident on boards like /v/. People desperately try to get noticed. At least on Reddit they do so by trying to be clever or funny instead of controversial and edgy. This is one of the many reasons for 4chans decline in recent years. Take a look at a thread from
2011: there are fewer shitposters. There are other factors, too.

I've always hated Reddit (especially its godawful layout) but I may migrate there because 4chan has become insufferable. I've been here for a long time so o can definitely say I'm not making it up.
>>
>>7640730

Posters on 4chan aren't narcissists. They are insecure and insult others to cope with their overall feeling of inferiority.
>>
>>7640841
>4chan DOES have a voting system in the form of replies.
That's some interesting mental gymnastics there.
>>
>>7640795

Is that comment supposed to be clever? Because it's not. A country isn't a fucking house.
>>
>>7640854

It's true, and others have noticed it as well. I'm not even being original. Plus I have no idea what you mean by "mental gymnastics".

Go to /v/. make a thread/post that hates on a particular, popular game. Insult its fan base. Use a ton of curses and buzzwords.

Now make a thread/post with a post with thoughtful criticism on a game. Don't call it "shit". Say that you respect anyone who enjoys it and you can see why they do.

See which gets more replies.
>>
>>7640869
Nah I'm not going anywhere near /v/.
My point is that you have to be performing some mental gymnastics to ignore the fact that reddit also has a reply system. By and large, this is how conversation works. When people are obnoxious in real life, they also get more attention. This is just as true on reddit as it is on 4chan as it is on a BBS forum or youtube or as it is anywhere. It's an inescapable part of human interation. Not to mention that it has always been the case, so it doesn't make sense to blame any recent "decline" on something that hasn't changed.
I'm inclined to believe that saying it's better or worse is a meaningless value judgement, it's always in flux, it's more likely that you've just grown tired or out of it.
Migrate if you want, it's no skin off my duck's back, I'm just being pedantic because I think your reasoning is flawed.
>>
File: p260872559.jpg (15KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
p260872559.jpg
15KB, 240x320px
>>7640781
You can sort comments on reddit, you can sort them by date/upvotes/controversy, etc.
But lets ignore this fact, because that's not even my point. I guess you just recently ( a couple of years) discovered 4chan so you aren't really aware of what is happening here.

Back in the day (lets say 5 - 6 years) you still could discuss several topics in here, sure you had some inside joke here and there but that was just something to 'spice' the discussion a little bit. Nowadays there is almost no discussion at all, people just post memes endlessly, parrot the same garbage the other people say without even doing any research at all. The worst thing is, at least for me this attitude would be acceptable if at least it was funny, but it's not, it's just boring and unoriginal. Despite 4chan having almost no rules, being in theory a great place for free discussion, its own users transformed it into this unfunny, unoriginal abomination. The medium(4chan) not being the problem, we can deduce it's the users who make this place awful, that's why a meet up of pretty much any popular board on 4chan would not be a pleasant experience

This guy is a nice example of the modern 4chan user
>>7640795
>>7640742
Sadly this kind of people now are the majority of the 4chan population
>>
>>7640786
No, they both seemed to suffer severe personality disorders. One was a poor Romanian girl and the other was a well-off white girl who did it part-time for fun, I guess.

>>7640782
That's a pretty big claim to make about the entire global population of white men.
>>
>>7640464
Lol bad pasta
>>
from a recent poll thread I learned there's like 9 or 10 posters from my country here. I bet they're decent people
>>
>>7641013
Which country?
>>
>>7641040
USA
>>
>>7641040
Argentina
>>
Probably a bunch of people taking about anything but books
>>
>>7641045
hibari is really nice, shes from there
>>
>>7640673
>the white awkward guys try to convince themselves /lit/ isn't mostly skinny oceaniac girls
>>
>>7641183
is that a namefag
I use forced anonymous 2bh
>>
>>7641213
no she's a collection of good posts with hibari images attached, which is very different to an avatarfag because i imagine she's cute as shit and has precious toes
>>
Met my boyfriend on /lit/, actually. It's a long story but I'll tell it if anyone wants to hear. And yes, we are together in real life. It's been almost 2yrs.
>>
>>7641258
Which one does most of the penetration?
>>
>>7641265
I'm a girl, so the answer's obvious.
>>
>>7641290
If that's what you think you definitely haven't been here for 2+ years.
>>
>>7641258
Tell the story
>>
>>7641448
Your question didn't deserve a more thoughtful response, sorry.

>>7641567
Basically I posted in a thread about loneliness since I was just about to finish high school, and I got a few replies offering to chat with me over email. We exchanged ~150 pages worth of emails in a month and then got each other's numbers and were together by then. After a month, with nothing else to do, I moved across the continent to live with him for a year. It wasn't awkward meeting him since we already talked over the phone, vidchat, etc. for a long time before then. (And to the curious anons: yes, we had sex the first night.) I'm in my first year of university now, so we're long-distance again, but it's still going great. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
>>
>>7641658
were you from Minnesota?
>>
>>7641658
Grace?
>>
>>7641658
do you plan on cucking him?
>>
>>7641658
That's beautiful anonita
>>
>>7641678
>>7641686
Nope and nope, though--does that mean that you anons have roughly the same story? Anything you'd like to share?

>>7641687
This question also doesn't deserve a thoughtful response. Sorry anon, try again.

>>7641690
Muchas gracias anonito.
>>
>>7641742
>This question also doesn't deserve a thoughtful response. Sorry anon, try again.
not that guy, but why not? it's pretty relevant to contemporary relationship dynamics, especially considering it's an ldr
>>
>>7641742
Has Grace really been gone for two years or is this bitch lying to us? I say we make sure reve's still alive and on crack because at least she posts nudes.
>>
>>7641769
Okay, then no, I don't plan on cucking him, cheating, etc. I'm not sure why a long-distance relationship is so hard for some people, but I guess we started out long-distance anyways so it's not as big of a deal. I'm also not some sexually experimental socialite, I don't really go to parties, don't have many friends, etc. so I'm not really tempted by anything.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>7640896
Tfw the fault was not in our chan, but in ourselves
>>
>>7641658
Roast
>>
where is butters??
>>
>>7641989
pathetic
>>
File: 1451945950788.jpg (91KB, 1062x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451945950788.jpg
91KB, 1062x720px
I'd like to meet you guise.
I do a pretty good impersonation of zizek.
>>
>>7641989
dead, living in literary heaven with a qtgf who probably reads her bedtime stories
>>7642009
stop bullying the dykes, homo
>>
>>7640692
hypersphere wasn't a genuine effort... but then again, that reflects on most writers of /lit/
>>7640705
kek
>>7640689
nice. what about that mexican guy with the fake arm who, as a publicity stunt, claimed he was illegally published?
>>
London chefanon here, have chatted with a couple london peeps who seem cool, datacuck;foylesguy. I'd meet with them for sure.

But generally I'm sure most /lit/ types are boring as fuck, depressed and about as unworldly as it is possible to be, so nah.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 627x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 627x430px
>>7640692
>>
>>7640425
well memed
>>
>>7640730
I'm all the green but ironically.
>>
>>7640730
>kill whitey
>>
>>7640781
>4chan is interesting and reddit is just a big circle jerk
How is 4chan not a circle jerk? Every board is
>>
>>7640692
>implying I'm not published
>implying I don't actually make money off my work
>implying I haven't made a thread shilling my own books before
But it was just one. I'm not Tao Lin ffs
>>
>>7640841
Reddit automatically hides posts though.
>>
>>7642614
some people keep insisting that book holding is a two handed job which prevents them from pleasuring the anon in front. it's really slowing down the schedule for full communism
>>
>>7640896
>back in the day (let's say 5-6 years)
Newfags baka familia
>>
>>7642614
pfffffffffffffffffffff
>>
What it feels like to be on lit/how a meet up would look http://wreckedgreg.tumblr.com/post/138328745750/the-cafe
>inb4 tumblr
>>
I've only met one /lit/izen irl. I was at a local show smoking a cigarette and having a beer and talking to another guy and he mentioned he was reading Gravity's Rainbow. I told him it was a meme book and then you know thirty minutes later we were sucking each other off in the bathroom. He was a tall jewish kid in his late twenties. Seemed nice enough. I think he had a girlfriend.

Also lol @ the guy mentioning grace/reve. That girl was adorable. We had many drugged out conversations together. We were going to meet then I got loveshy and stopped talking to her.
>>
>>7640418
You really got cucked
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.