[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your preferred medium to write with? What do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Stipula_fountain_pen.jpg (350KB, 3072x2050px) Image search: [Google]
Stipula_fountain_pen.jpg
350KB, 3072x2050px
What is your preferred medium to write with?

What do you like to write about?
>>
>>7604230
A keyboard
I like writing about Japanese NEETs that are life failures and stay inside all day. I actually have a 62 page document about a NEET named Sachihiro. I'm pretty shit at writing though.
>>
>>7604230
The majority of my writing is done on the computer, but I take notes when revising with pen and paper.

I enjoy writing about lots of different things, but lately it has mostly been fiction loosely based in real life experiences during high school in the late 90's and early 2000's.
>>
>>7604230
Pen and paper, composition book for drafts and a journal with higher quality of paper for personal entries. I use a small laptop when it comes to typing up work and editing.
>>
>>7604396
What kind of laptop you use anon? I've been thinking about getting a macbook for dat sweet battery life and build quality. I've had a chromebook before but I hated the thing because it just felt cheap in my hands and typing on the keyboard was irritating.
>>
>>7604230

Calligraphy pen and journal for notes and brainstorming (although I can never decide which script I like best—italic, bâtarde, roman cursive).

Mechanical keyboard and Focus Writer for prose fiction, Trelby for specs/screenplays.

Genre-wise, I'm entirely devoted to fantasy and science fiction, specifically the sub-genre that was once derisively called "portal fiction". I adore beyond description stories of an ordinary, present-day protagonist dropped into a fantastical and overwhelmingly dangerous situation.
>>
>>7604230
While I'd love to write with a nice fountain pen by hand my handwriting is absolutely atrocious and I can't find a way to fix it. Not to mention my hands cramp easily. I use Focus on my desktop and netbook. It's lightweight and not distracting.
>>
>>7604454
>>7604230
Oh I like to write various things. Mostly attempts at conservative minded fiction as I feel most of what's been done is utter garbage, at least within the last half-century at least. Shit like Way of Men gets respect even though it's literally "STOP OPPRESSING ME WITH HOUSEWORK AND MAKE ME A STEAK!" the book.

Also, I love the vaporwave aesthetic so I'm working on fitting that into a novel that exposes modern consumer capitalism for what it really is and how it's ruining the mind and spirit of the modern world.
>>
I write on my shitty old laptop. I''m not good with computers or not breaking expensive equipment so it is held together mostly with tape and prayers

I like to write about the tragic optimism of twentieth century communism versus the happy pessimism of modern liberal society, usually in an alternate historical or surrealist sort of manner. I also like to write about lesbians, because I am a bisexual with a male partner who thinks fictional lesbians are cuter than fictional gay men. If that is setting back the cause of LGBTwhatever rights back a million years who cares, I like cute girls.
>>
File: windd.jpg (31KB, 1000x992px) Image search: [Google]
windd.jpg
31KB, 1000x992px
text
>>
komputer
>>
>>7604230

I write with my tears and blood, while I wallow in self pity. Only the depressed are able to write well, and you will never know what it's like because we're special and you're not.
>>
Just a computer is fine. I don't really care desu.

Most of what I write is about the South/Louisiana. Borderline magical realism.
>>
>>7604426
I like books that fit that description as well. Any suggestions? Is portal fiction an actual genre or is that a made-up name? A few suggestions would be great, I generally really enjoy stories like that.
>>
>>7604500

The Grid by Philip Kerr
>>
>>7604401
A $200 asus X205TA. The memory capacity is a joke but I got it to serve as a typewriter only and it has sufficed for nearly a year. The battery life is comparable to a macbook pro but it lacks the excess that the macbook offers.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.