[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw I want to write a book or even a short story yet never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: pepe_mirror.png (106KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_mirror.png
106KB, 600x484px
>mfw I want to write a book or even a short story yet never do and just keep reading
>keep taking notes about stuff I'll never write

I want to do it but for some reason I don't. Does anyone else know this feeling?
>>
Yep it's called procrastination.

The way to beat it is discipline, having achievable short-term goals, removing distractions, and prioritising your life based on what you want to achieve and not being a weak-minded fuck.

Questions?
>>
>>7588862

Should I kill myself?
>>
Just write man, even if it's autistic fanfiction. Don't be afraid to get your ideas dirty.
>>
>>7588863
If you want. It all depends really what you want from life and then you rationally look at the best ways of achieving those goals in the order of preference you prefer while recognising your subconscious (some would say evolutionarily formed) instincts and desires which get in the way of them and patterning your behaviour to get the most out of your body and brain.
>>
>>7588866
>>7588859
For example you say you want to write a book or a short story so work out why that is and then if you still want to pursue it, look at the steps you can take to achieve it and the things getting in the way and then focus your efforts on eliminating those things and moving forward in small steps. Definitely write short stories virtually every author known to man did. Try to do a 5000 word story, then a 10,000 word story and so on. Do a fantasy story, a literary realism story, a bit of dialogue, a bit of description. Then instead of saying you are an "aspiring" writer you can now say you are a writer.
>>
>>7588866
>Libidinal desire
>In the way of your goals
hahahahahahahahaahhahahhaahhahaha
>>
>>7588868
I can't stress enough achievable goals. For example you can write a 2000 word description of a man on a hillside and try to evoke certain emotions doing so. But you can't set out to write a masterpiece of a man on a hillside because you won't achieve your goal and besides which its impossible to measure whether you have or haven't and your cynical mind will always be doubtful and pessimistic. Once your 2000 word piece is finished and edited for errors never edit it again as you will always want to perfect it but that is impossible. Simply learn from what you produced and then do it all over again.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.