[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are 3 books you'd bring with you if you were backpacking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: download (3).jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6KB, 259x194px
What are 3 books you'd bring with you if you were backpacking across Europe
>>
>>7578439
Depends on where I was going.
>>
>>7578439
mein kampf
turner diaries
the bible
>>
>>7578439
Ulysses
Peter the Great: His Life and Times
The Bible

Might be a bit heavy tbhdesuwa
>>
>>7578439

I'd bring Notes from the Underground, Blood Meridian, and The World as Will and Representation to remind me that life is pain.
>>
The Aeneid, the histories, and probably some dank shit like Plotinus enneads
>>
The Odyssey, Moby Dick, The Bible

It wouldn't be terribly heavy or anything, either. I wish I was going backpacking across Europe now. Are you going OP? can I go too? i will have to drop my classes and quit my job but i dont care.
>>
The Bible
Basic Kafka
Aesop's Fables

These works give me a sense of rejuvenating excitement. They inspire me to create and to live.
>>
>>7578439
Proust, Goethe, Sienkiewicz
>>
>>7578439

>the Qu'ran

Why would I need any more?
>>
>>7578439

The Magic Mountain
Journey to the End of the Night
V.
>>
>>7578439
The Quran in English and Arabic

All else can go into a kindle.
>>
>>7578792
kek
>>
Ὀδύσσεια
Commedia
Also sprach Zarathustra

>>7578778
Mann is not to bad, but to heavy for carrying around.
>>
>>7578445
>Peter the Great
>>7578448
>>7578537
>>7578715
>>7578792
>>7578760

And all you fucking faggots, who would bring their religious books: stay the fuck at home, and read it there. You just don't deserve a journey.
>>
File: image.png (329KB, 586x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
329KB, 586x433px
>>7578822
>>
Some good short story collections.
>>
Only people who don't know how to travel properly would bring 3 books. I don't usually take one unless I can read the whole thing on a bus/ train/ plane and throw it away, assuming on said transportation I'm not catching up on sleep. Don't get me wrong, I love to read, but when you're backpacking and travelling it's super impractical, and frankly there are more novel things you can do in a foreign country.
>>
The odyssey
Les Camp des saints
and preferably a travel book for wherever you're going/are at.
>>
Don Quixote
Odyssey
Moby Dick or Gargantua and Pantagruel
>>
In Search of Lost Time
Infinite Jest
Leaves of Grass
>>
>>7578822
You are ignorant to the highest degree, sir.
Do you think that the parables of King James' Bible hold no weight?
Fie!
You are so bogged down in anti-churchology that you choose to completely ignore the gems--the foundation of such a powerful institute
>>
>>7578838
Autist
>>
>>7578439
The war of art
Starmaker
Moby Dick
>>
The trial
The catcher in the rye
???
>>
>>7578888
>The war of art

Nice quads though.
>>
>>7578880
You might find parables of weight in those books. But you do not bring them to your travels.
Especially because you might be seen as an fag who wants to shove his religious believes down everyone's throat.
>>
>>7578905
>get trapped lost in some backwoods european country
>"Oh I'm just a young white Christian male and I've run upon some trouble"
>>
File: 1393796383102.jpg (12KB, 203x200px) Image search: [Google]
1393796383102.jpg
12KB, 203x200px
>>7578905
lol nice one! XD
>>
>>7578923
Oh com'on: carrying around religious books is faggotry. You really do not have to be a fedora beard to think that.
>>
>>7578931
True, you don't have to be a fedora neckbeard, just an utter pleb to think that.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.