[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think about this book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

what do you think about this book?
>>
Phenomenal.
>>
>>7574910
currently reading it, and enjoying it.
>>
Magical realism is the pizza monkey cheese XDD of literary fiction
>>
Very good and very overrated
>>
>>7574910

That shit is ice.
>>
pretty good

>>7577147
you have no idea what you're talking about. there's nothing 'lolrandum' in one hundred years of solitude. all the "weird" shit resonates perfectly with anyone with even a mild understanding of caribbean-ish latin american culture.
>>
>>7577166
I know mane, I just wasn't feeling it to be honest
>>
>>7577147

ok, what do you think is so "xD" about it? can you give examples? your post is very confusing.
>>
>>7574910
Not good.
I think it was an overrated waste of time having no themes or insights or philosophies to make it comparable to the books it's usually placed alongside.
>>
>>7577197
It's a bullshit title given to south america so they can claim they did something novel for literature.

"Magical Realism" my ass.
>>
>>7577200
Magical Realism is a real thing.
j. Borges.
>>
>>7577197
The part when the pure, literally mind blowing girl ascends into heaven was the most unexpected shit in the book
>>
>>7574910
Latin american 'literature'

Fuk u Gringo! we waz aztec and shit. muh magical realism. btw communism is good hail castro
>>
File: you fucking idiot.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
you fucking idiot.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>7577199
>having no themes
>>
>>7577197
Idk man like I'm supposed to feel this awe and wonder at this surreal world I suddenly find myself in, and it's just some nigga whose never seen ice before and oh there's a ghost of this guy and

Like I get what it was going for but I just wasn't feeling it
>>
Overrated piece of crap. Complete waste of time.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 610x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 610x400px
>>7577221
>Having no reading comprehension
>>
>>7577221
Read it again.
'I have no flowers that compare' does not mean that 'I have no flowers'. You see?
>>
File: 362px-Ej1957am.jpg (57KB, 362x599px) Image search: [Google]
362px-Ej1957am.jpg
57KB, 362x599px
The ignorant plebs decrying "magical realism" itt

Jesus Christ

The incest got a little out of hand
>>
This book depicts Ligotti's worst nightmare. It is fucking disgusting.
>>
I liked it.
>>
File: 1452368852393.gif (257KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1452368852393.gif
257KB, 480x360px
anyone has the magical realism copypasta?
>>
ITT: elitism

It was a good book.
>>
>>7574910
Am currently reading the general in his labyrinth.

Marquez torture his protagonists to the point that it is predictable.
>>
I loved it
>>
it's not to be taken seriously, as anything done by a huehue. just enjoy it, familiar
>>
File: 1351359611672.png (165KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1351359611672.png
165KB, 720x404px
>>7574910
One of my favourite books, senpai

Seriously, even if you're too pleb to bother keeping up with all the Aurelianos, you must be a literal retarded piece of shit to not appreciate the prose and the mood of the book. Fucking ice ma
>>
I got this as a present and never heard of it before reading it. Literally the greatest thing to enter my brain. It felt like the history of the world and the tragedy of life all in one beautiful book. It's not a superbly original book to have as m top 5 but I don't even care if peope think its overrated.
>>
>>7577166
what about that bitch who was randomly taken away by her laundry?
>>
>>7574910

I enjoyed it. If I was on my PC, I'd post the what I expected I have that ends with Jose's Bizarre Fate.
>>
>>7578012
>when reddit tries to emulate us

Huehue would be brazillian, and referring to them directly as a huehue is not appropriate. Since Marquez is colombian, a joke about mudblood, drugs, or political instability is in order.
>>
>>7574910
Awesome book. Read it because of /lit. I pirated it on my Kindle first, but the version had a distracting typo about every chapter so I just went out and bought it physical and am glad I own it.

Also I strangely notice it's on the chart of "books for pedos" but there's barely anything that I would consider pedophillic/exciting in it. Remedios the Beauty, I guess? Or when Jose Arcadio Buenida Manchilla Bonilla the third naked cuddles with his aunt? I dunno.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.