[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what I didn't like about this novel? They made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: slaughterhouse-five.jpg (141KB, 600x869px) Image search: [Google]
slaughterhouse-five.jpg
141KB, 600x869px
You know what I didn't like about this novel? They made Lot's wife out to be a good character, unjustly punished.

This is the reason for sjws (oh, don't forget your brethren) and suggests that compassion is so beautiful--and now lefties are ascribing that attribute to Jesus and think that acting with this attitude is the highest virtue when it 1. is fucking annoying and 2. holds them back from personal advancement.

If we followed his ideology, we'd all be throwing shit at each other.
>>
File: ))).jpg (60KB, 299x450px) Image search: [Google]
))).jpg
60KB, 299x450px
>>
You have a coherent argument against sjws, but you do not have a coherent argument against lot's wife. How the hell is turning around in what was most likely meant to be seen as an attempt to help sodom and gomorrah "annoying?" Are you saying that compassion is objectively bad? Because I'd have to disagree there.

Tbh you sound like you're very angry at the type of people who enjoy vonnegut and are unable to put that aside and actually read his work.
>>
>>7571029
oh god u read vonnegut
may I recommend Dr.Seuss and perhaps Mary Pope Osborne?
>>
>>7571123
>attempt to help

The point Kuty was trying to make was that it was so inherently "human" to focus on who perish. The parable is she turns into salt if that remains her focus.

I'm sorry that I yelled at Vonnegut. I will visit his grave, or send flowers.

>>7571132
>le meme

yes, yes, but it sheds light on why it was banned.
>>
>>7571029
>suggests that compassion is so beautiful - and now lefties are ascribing that attribute to Jesus

That's the Jesus who taught about the Good Samaritan, yeah? The one who spent most of his time being kind to lepers and blind people? Yeah, the whole compassion thing is totally made up by 'lefties'.
>>
>>7572845
You're right. Compassion is always blindly appropriate. Like when you're on a plane and they tell you in case of an emergency to put the oxygen mask on the people around you first.
>>
>>7574390
>When u throw out ur back so bad moving the goalposts it take u 18 hours 2 reply
>>
>>7571029
I never thought that sjws were bad for having compassion. To be honest I thought their worst quality was self righteousness. Every time they try to explain concepts like oppression and privilege to me I find myself arguing with them even if I agree to some extent just because their approach is just so goddamn condescending.
>>
>>7574432
Thank you for your compassion.
>>
>>7574447
Self-righteousness is ugly to behold. However, it is a rampant quality of human attitudes and there is no escaping it.

But, we must have compassion for the hypocrite, for there is a little hypocrite in all of us.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.