[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ thing of my friend's saying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 1.jpg (187KB, 800x903px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
187KB, 800x903px
Life is anything you want it to be. Life can be your dreams and aspiration. It can be your pleasure, it can be your sadness and demise. LIFE CAN BE ANYTHING AT ALL TIMES. That doesn’t mean life HAVE to be everything. Life is just life. When you bloat it up with goals and dreams and desires then it becomes those other things. It is no longer just life. Life is given to us for us to enjoy. Just like every other animal on earth. IF you like creating then do that. IF you like sitting around doing nothing, then do that. IF you like to work hard and earn lots of money and be super materialistic then you can do that too. The point is not forcing goals and achievements up your own ass just to feel good. Life is just about feeling good. Its not as complicated as it seems.

When you look at the core of life its simply existing. Universe did not dictate that fact that everyone should achieve a certain thing during their life time. In fact, the universe does not give a shit. So don’t think your goals and aspiration are real in anyway. They are all product of modern society and years and years of social construction.

All this doesn’t mean everything should just lie down and die. It simply means don’t try and follow anyone else’s foot steps just because you feel they are “right”. Do what gives your own self a sense of value and joy. When the self exists based on other people’s approval and perception then what will happen when it loses all those things. The self is crush and defeated. But if the self can exist without relying on anything external and can feel fulfillment by itself then it is a healthy self.

Working hard and having goals doesn’t mean it is all “good”. It just means you are working hard and trying to achieve some goal. A more universal saying can be: seek out freedom and give value to yourself. Be free from other’s perception’s of success and give value to yourself by doing what you think is valuable. (yes that could mean having goals and shit).

Ben, your tunnel vision of this “goal” is unhealthy. Im not saying it deadly like leukemia but its more like… You have broken bones. It will heal with time but at the present all you are focusing on is that broken bone. Lets say your goal is wanting to have your broken bone healed, But what’s after that??? After this goal do you think you won at life? No m8 there is a lot more. Life is of infinite possibilities and your idea of tunnel vision at life is just dumb.

Cont..
>>
pt 2

Wisdom is not sought out. It is noticed. Wisdom is all in the experience. Reading about it doesn’t do shit. You read your bible, gathering all these “wisdom” and then you work hard and ignore everything else. THAT’S NOT HOW YOU USE WISDOM. Wisdom is universal. It is applied to everything. To read all that wisdom and then tunnel vision at life is contradicting. And don’t think that these wisdom help you achieve your “goal”. Wisdom wasn’t created for everyone to achieve their goals. It is was then our world wouldn’t be so shit right now. Wisdom is showing us how to appreciate life and enjoy life at every single moment. It is used so we can find out self and be comfortable with it. Wisdom is just “wisdom” its not a life hack that help you achieve anything.

I think right now. Saying you have a “GOAL” is comforting. Because its kinda like you threw a flashlight out into an infinite road so when you get to the flashlight, it feels good to pick it up. But you should realize that the joy is simply just running. I know how scary it is to live without a goal, The fear of not knowing what is going to happen in the future. I lived that fear for a few month so I know what its like. But after seeing family I realized. We can all make up goals for ourselves. We can set achievements for use to reach. But… we have to get there. We have to walk the road and go through the time. Nothing we can do can teleport us to our goals. Nothing we do is going to make anything go faster. Hurdle jumpers don’t look at the finish line leap over 30 hurdles. They just jump over each one until they reach the end. So knowing that there will always be the end and it will be reached at a set time. Why not just enjoy the journey.
>>
BACK
TO
REDDIT
>>
>>7570267
I dont go on reddit pls back to topic
>>
I didn't read it because it was long as fuck but here's a dfw post.
>>
>Life is anything you want it to be.
>LIFE CAN BE ANYTHING AT ALL TIMES.
>When you bloat it up with goals and dreams and desires then it becomes those other things? It is no longer just life.
>your tunnel vision of this “goal” is unhealthy.
>Life is of infinite possibilities and your idea of tunnel vision at life is just dumb.
>Life is anything you want it to be
What the fuck?
Doesn't seem to be very well written and is full of platitudes.
>>
>>7570279
Collected.
>>
>>7570326
It was just his comment in responce to me saying that we should keep seek wisdom and have goals in life so dont mind the grammer too much.
>>
>>7570346
You both sound like fucking tools

Life is what it is, not whatever you want it to be, that's fucking retarded.

Stop trying to sound deep and actually think
>>
>>7570326
Adding to this, I didn't read the whole thing only skimmed, so take that as you will.
Your "friend" needs to find a way to say what he's trying to say, and see if it's really worth saying, in a way that doesn't make him seem so dogmatic.
>>
empty fluff, empty empty fluff

there is a way to say nothing but this is is an exercise in futility, cool to sound off as a echo but not cool to show off because blind to both of you there is a lot of ideology in there lots of preaching
>>
>>7570346
So you made an obvious statement and your friend twisted it in a way that made him seem right and you seem wrong, as if he was revealing some secret truth in your words and the universe, without really saying anything of worth, and you thought it was deep?
>>
File: Dfw.png (352KB, 599x837px) Image search: [Google]
Dfw.png
352KB, 599x837px
>>7570263
>>
>>7570401
Idk it kinda made me doubt my dreams and why I want to do the things I want to do.
>>
Your """"""""""friend"""""""""""" is not smart at all, unfortunately. Sorry buddy.
>>
File: 1234567.jpg (13KB, 367x202px) Image search: [Google]
1234567.jpg
13KB, 367x202px
>>7570346
Not him, but that doesn't mean it isn't platitudinal as fuck. Basically, you're in middle school or early high school and are having your first "whoa man, my thoughts are so deep about life, dude" phase. It's an important phase to go through but it's also the epitome of cringe.

you probably also think about the pic related song unironically. we've all been there.
>>
File: well.png (124KB, 324x734px) Image search: [Google]
well.png
124KB, 324x734px
>>7570440
>""""""""""friend""""""""""""
John Barth is that you?
>>
File: 1449727381951.gif (607KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1449727381951.gif
607KB, 800x792px
jesus christ op. if my freind said this to me I would fucking snap.

please don't listen to this guy & ruin your life. actually the fact that you'd post this here tells me that you never would have accomplished anything important, anyway
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.