[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever joined one? A book club, that is? How was it? Pleb tier,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: bookclubs2aw.gif (54KB, 560x308px) Image search: [Google]
bookclubs2aw.gif
54KB, 560x308px
Ever joined one? A book club, that is? How was it? Pleb tier, patrician tier? Got laid?
>>
nope, thinking of starting one.
>>
two friends and I read Dhalgren ~75 pages a week, met once a week for an hour. It was great. Picked up on a lot of stuff I wouldn't have otherwise.

i did sleep with one of them around that time, but I don't think it had to do with the book club. she also kind of left me hanging.
>>
>>7568705
I have one of those friend too, but we discuss any book being read or having been read. She never picked up a single book from the Lumières era, but she likes my funny maymay picture books! :')
>>
>>7568692
No book clubs in my town unfortunately. Doubt they'd ever want to read what I read anywho. And my friends barely ever read besides fantasy rubbish, so that's out the window.

Doesn't /lit/ do book clubs every now and then? Never seen one completed.
>>
>>7568729
a book club requires one to actually read

/lit/ is not the right place for one
>>
>>7568692
Yes, good, patrician (we read Faulkner), no laid (women there were ugly and I am saving myself for marriage)
>>
>>7568736
> Marriage meme
It's alright mate, you're among friends, drop the jest.
>>
>>7568736
Ignore that loser. If you are a Christian God bless you for that virtue.
>>
>>7568692
The only book clubs I can find near me are full of either radical feminists or boring middle-aged mothers who only want to read shit like Jane Austen.
If anyone knows any in Melbourne that don't fit either of these categories, please tell me.
>>
>>7568754

But anon, a lot of people here are unironically religious.

>>7569967

No I am Muslim
>>
I'm in the Devil's bookclub.
>>
>>7570019
i'm in melbourne

want to start a patrician bookclub?
>>
>>7568692
Some people meet at a coffee place I go to hang out and read. Most of what they read and talk about is mainstream stuff like All the light we cannot see and such. its a female only club
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.