[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Romance of the Three Kingdoms >one of the Four Greatest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: gfs_85900_1_4.jpg (16KB, 511x291px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_85900_1_4.jpg
16KB, 511x291px
>Romance of the Three Kingdoms
>one of the Four Greatest Chinese Novels
>still no properly translated into Spanish, one of the two or three most spoken languages on Earth

Who can explain this bullshit? Why is Spanish so mistreated despite being an official language in so many countries?
Will I have to resign myself to reading an English version of this Chinese long-winded novel?
>>
It feels like there's been a lot of Three Kingdoms threads lately. Anyway, read it however you can OP because it's baller as fuck.
>>
>>7566979
Seriously? I haven't seen any thread regarding RoTK. Journey to the West seems to be more commonly discussed on /lit/.

Anyways, I know that there are a few spaniards and latin american posters. Has anybody been in this situation?
>>
File: p3.jpg (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
p3.jpg
12KB, 200x200px
daily reminder

>Most Arab countries have not learned from the lessons of the past and the field of translation remains chaotic. In terms of quantity, and notwithstanding the increase in the number of translated books from 175 per year during 1970-1975 to 330, the number of books translated in the Arab world is one fifth of the number translated in Greece. The aggregate total of translated books from the Al-Ma’moon era to the present day amounts to 10,000 books - equivalent to what Spain translates in a single year (Shawki Galal, in Arabic, 1999, 87).
>>
>>7566959
It's not anyone else's responsibility to translate for Spanish speakers but Spanish speakers themselves. Maybe if there were more bilingual Latin Chinese linguists you would have your books. Where are your academics?
>>
>>7567007
one fifth of the translations in Greece
Greek translators are fucking disgusting. They make obvious mistakes and give the titles cancer and then a botched sex change. I had read the first couple HP books in Greek. I read them again in English years later, they were completely different.

>analyzing A Streetcar Named Desire in literature class
>prof gives us the important quotes in English
>everyone realizes their proper meaning
>>
>>7567235
>literature class in Greece
>analyzing a play
>teacher chooses A Streetcar Named Desire
>in motherfucking Greece, the guys who invented theatre
God fucking damn it.
Don't bother paying denbts, you're beyond saving.
>>
File: 1452388892519.gif (2MB, 203x270px) Image search: [Google]
1452388892519.gif
2MB, 203x270px
>>7566959
Because it's for the most part spoken by dirty poor people who don't read. Compared with all other colonial languages, speakers of Spanish outside of its country of origin are the least intellectual in general.
>>
http://www.casadellibro.com/ebook-romance-de-los-tres-reinos-vol-i-ebook/2910018970579/2566693
>>
>>7567314
>linking to an incomplete fan translation
>>
>>7567299
Made me kek
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.