[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horrifying books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: naked-lunch.17371.jpg (389KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
naked-lunch.17371.jpg
389KB, 1000x1500px
So, I just start reading naked lunch expecting to be gruesome, but anyhow, what's the most fucked up you have read? and why?
>>
>>7522677
Teatro Grotesco by Thomas Ligotti

I think some of the stories are body horror like Naked Lunch and I like ones that are creepy underneath the surface rather than conventionally trying to scare you.
>>
>>7522686
looks nice, I'm searching for the troop by nick cutter as well, have you read it?
>>
Horacio Quiroga - Cuentos de amor de locura y de muerte(Tales of love madness and death)
Exactly what it says it is. I read it when i was really young and don't remember the details, but it had gruesome scenes of the death of a horse (iirc), children killing children, etc...
>>
>>7522708
already read it and in spanish, not that gruesome
>>
Off Season (unexpurgated edition), by Ketchum or
Hogg, by Delany
>>
Ogawa Yoko Is better known around here for her, very good, novella "The professor and the equation" (I might have that title slightly wrong). But she wrote a small collection of short stories called "The diving pool" that, while not explicitly 'sick' or disturbed, has a really palpable undercurrent of horror and unease to it.
>>
All non-fiction, especially from wars or conflict zones

Shake Hands With The Devil, written by the commander of the UN troops during the Rwanda Genocide, for example is terrifying.

Or People Who Eat Darkness, about a string of rapes and murders in Japan by one guy

And I've read most modern horror (Ligotti etc.) but these non-fiction
>>
>>7523221
>>7523234
I want disturbed, fucked up, disgusting types of writting, not anything implicit
>>
Kozinski - The Painted Bird

A lot of detailed descriptions of brutal killings and rapes, removals of body parts, etc., involving adults as well as children as young as five. Also just a good book in general. Gets some hate on here because the author misleadingly claimed some/all of the book to be autobiographical when it was first published, but whatever.
>>
>>7523299
looks just like what i need, thanks
>>
>>7522677
Depends of your sense of fuked up, but I really liked Story of the Eye, also My Mother, Madame Edwarda and The Dead Man (all of the by Georges Bataille). If you're a lot into gay stuff try Our Lady of the Flowers, it's not THAT fucked up, but it has its moments. Then there's Confessions of a Mask by Mishima, where there's the homoerotic fantasy parts where there's a bit of fucked-up shit. If you care also about literature itself try Gravity's Rainbow, It's really good and there's also bits of really (REALLY) fucked up shit regarding sex (sometimes physicaly but specially psychologically).
>>
>>7523328
Oh, well, also Lautreamont, if you didn't already know Les Chants de Maldoror. The surrealists loved that shit (and they were the EDGIEST of their time).
>>
Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh. It's exactly what you're looking for.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.