[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens in your head while you think? How do you feel it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

What happens in your head while you think? How do you feel it? With me its all keywords.
>>
I have imaginary conversations through which i can articulate and refine my thoughts
>>
This isn't so much asking a fish what water is as asking a fish what it's like to be a fish.
>>
>>7483911
I imagine a person asking me a question about exactly what I wanted to think about and then I answer that question out loud.
>>
>>7483911
moving geometric shapes and patterns. not kidding.
>>
I think almost entirely verbally; basically just as an internal dialogue for myself
>>
Inner monologue, whenever I have a conscious thought I have the tendency to formulate it into a perfect sentence. It can be pretty annoying, slowing me down, but it has made me good at expressing myself.
>>
ITT faggots roleplay as geniuses
>>
>>7483928
i did this to deal with depression and anxiety when i was a teenager, it's bretty gud

whenever i was panicking about whatever i would firmly ask myself what exactly was bothering me and it would force me to explain to myself properly what i was upset by

then i would 'discuss' how to solve the problem

tfw mad
>>
It feels like when you see a really good meme.
>>
>>7483911
I don't have conversations in my head, but I do imagine scenarios and play them through. I think it's escapism, but it does prepare me if they actually fulfil themselves as they are very realistic and capable of occuring, as they aren't always far-fetched or unrealistic. I have trains of thought, like threads that I have to follow until they're familiar to me. It feels fulfilling if I follow a good one. They are based on and triggered by interesting things that happen to me, so I tend to zone out like an autist at social gatherings and the like when I get to feel I'm different from others, kek
>>
>>7483914
>>7483928
this
>>
I see it as such
we all have four voices
1 our audible voice
2 the first layer of thoughts
3 second layer of thoughts, feels somewhat like thinking further back in your head, can often be done at the same time as 2
4 the subtle, what you don't even realize you're thinking
>>
I'm a bit envious of those that have an internal monologue. I find it too difficult to focus on most of the time. I guess I have a mixture of random thought impulses, visuals, and monologue.

monologue is goat imo. Are you subvocalizing while you do it?
>>
A headache with pictures
>>
mostly pictures and dialogue with myself. i aspire to write screenplays.
>>
>>7483911
for me its very visual with some word floating around
>>
>>7483944
definitely this for me
>>
>>7483914
>>7483928
>>7483959
>autismspeaks.jpg
>>
>think about telling something in the future how everything started (like in an interview)
>tell him a lot, very detailled
>then reach a point where i tell him, that even back then (now) i was thinking about telling it in the future
>tell the interviewer that everything i'm saying right now, i was already telling him back then (now) in my head even what i am saying right now
>Think that i tell him that everything i am saying i already thought of back then, even this, even that i am thinking of telling him that i am thinking of telling him that i was thinking back then of what i am telling him right now
>get unsettled and try to move out of the loop, but even moving out of the loop is not possible because i think of having thought of moving out of the loop
>violently shake my head to think of something else
>imagine that i am telling my friend about this loop of thinking
>tell him that i was even thinking about telling him about this loop of thinking while i was experiencing it
>tell him that i was thinking about telling him that i was thinking about telling him about this loop while thinking of it while experiencing it
>continues for 20 minutes
>start thinking of sexual stuff and save myself

Anyone else here getting this?
>>
>>7483911
three channels:

1 - surface level inner monologue, often second person, self-talks-to-self
e.g.
>you can't live like that, man. you need to learn to separate expectations and desires.

2 - more base-level spacial thoughts where i create relationships between ideas as shapes/forms. sort of rough 3D flowcharts. this feels more like encountering thoughts rather than generating them.

3 - core push-pull experiences, where stuff like love, hate, anger, pain, joy manifests. as if my whole self is caught in a tide, pulled in one direction. completely out of my control, often i am unaware of this channel.
>>
x
>>
File: 1446208895652.jpg (322KB, 2560x2108px) Image search: [Google]
1446208895652.jpg
322KB, 2560x2108px
>>7485201
Happens to me sometimes, mostly when I'm stoned. Reading some buddhists texts and talks made me realize that breaking the loop is really easy, just calm down and meditate.
>>
>>>/r/showerthoughts/
>>>/r/askreddit/
>>
I think exclusively in dialog.

No joke, sometimes I pretend I'm shitposting on 4chan.
Either way I'm always talking to some one, whether it be a one on one conversation, shitposting on the internet, being interviewed on television, giving a talk, etc.

>autism.tiff
>>
>>7485543
This
>>
>>7485201
Sounds like a good ol' obsessive neurosis
>>
>>7485201
holy shit exact same thing used to happen to me but when I thought of the loop I didn't get all autistic
>>
>>7485201
this and similar stuff. whenever I consider X, I am attempting to hold in my mind all information relevant to X, as if to reach the one correct perception of X. thus when I am speaking with someone, I am thinking of how it sounds to them, what my motivations are, what their motivations are and what are their (probably wildly incorrect) assessment of X is, etc. the compulsion to be exhaustive is strong, and if not kept in check results in the listener likely wanting to an hero due to me rambling, enthusiastically yet also monotonically and without affect. I walk like a clumsy robot unless I can distract myself, because I am thinking consciously about every step. exhausting tbpf family.
>>
>>7486039
>what are their (probably wildly incorrect) assessment of X is, etc.
>are
I'm gay, 4chan needs an edit option
>>
>>7484896
thinking in dialectic is the best way to think
I always imagine talking to a specific person too
>>
>>7483911
I think in air quotes like anime and manga. It helps align the thoughts in my head. Words followed by words followed by words. Sometimes, it can be daunting. Baka desu senpai.
>>
a constant dialogue with myself, that never stops or rethinks. when it comes to imagining scenarios its like I am the protagonist of a film and usually set in a crowded city. Also have very analytical thoughts as to be able to express myself as efficiently as possible.
>>7483944
how is it like to not think in complete sentences tho?? sounds kinda... autistic
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.