[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stream of Consciousness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: streamconscious.jpg (95KB, 470x275px) Image search: [Google]
streamconscious.jpg
95KB, 470x275px
Will one of you fucking assholes prove why "stream of consciousness" narrative mode is in any way a redeemable quality to any work of fiction?

Why the fuck is anything in written in bullshit ass stream of consciousness considered good? Why is it considered anything more than a bullshit ass cop-out by the writer to "appear" good?

Someone prove to me why stream of consciousness is "good."
>>
A technique isn't intrinsically "good" or "bad", faglout.
>>
File: 814206047_2019824.gif (150KB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
814206047_2019824.gif
150KB, 245x320px
>>7466053
Nothing is redeemable: intrinsic value is a spook.
>>
>>7466075
>>7466078

This is what autist's actually believe.
>>
>>7466087
This is what illiterate's actually type.
>>
>>7466087
>This is what reasonable people actually believe.
FTFY. To believe in intrinsic value is to project your beliefs and opinions on reality itself. I'm sorry that you are too dumb to understand this.
>>
Oh look, another fag who dropped Ulysses after the third chapter because he couldn't follow it. Cry about it, pleblord.
>>
>>7466087
>autist's
>>
>>7466211
To be fair I don't think hardly anyone could follow it.
>>
Read it like you would look at an abstract painting. If you can't enjoy it at this point of your life, maybe later
>>
As always it's because one guy did it well and a stream of talentless copycats beat it to death
>>
>>7466075
This. It depends on the skill with which it is used and to what end.
>>
>>7466053

Because if done well it means that by the end you will have a clear picture of an overall theme / plot, whilst having been walked through it by the characters, meaning that it is that much more connected to their development (as opposed to a single POV and/or omniscient narrator). It's not an easy thing to pull off well but I like it when it is.

It's not "good" a priori but it does spike my interest to see if the author was able to rise to the challenge.

Then again, I mostly read for character development so it suits me
>>
>>7466053

The OP is a (putrid) stream of consciousness.
>>
>>7466211
>after the third chapter
>dropped

you mean finished the book?
>>
lol, you sound like a high schooler in debate club
>>
>>7466488
Ulysses is split into three PARTS but has a total of 18 CHAPTERS, nigga.
>>
>>7466053
I never thought we would reach this point where art is deemed merely by its form it is sad it is to think such a thing can happen among us why do you ask how they answer our thoughts wander through an endless road there is nobody there I am alone like most of us I do not understand art perhaps one day I will feel like a star crossing the night sky leaving a trace of dust and everyone will notice me instead of that I go to this place this purplish website to claim things I do not know sometimes I go full Yotsuba but when it's grey and my mind is full of wonders from times long gone Photon defines me as this thread rolls down with my cheeky lads we discuss great things greeks joyce dank memes memes defines us we define memes we finally are memes how can we become danker alas I am here.
>>
>>7467073

>I never thought we would reach this point where art is deemed merely by its form it is sad it is to think such a thing can happen among us why do you ask how they answer our thoughts wander through an endless road there is nobody there I am alone like most of us I do not understand art perhaps one day I will feel like a star crossing the night sky leaving a trace of dust and everyone will notice me instead of that I go to this place this purplish website to claim things I do not know sometimes I go full Yotsuba but when it's grey and my mind is full of wonders from times long gone Photon defines me as this thread rolls down with my cheeky lads we discuss great things greeks joyce dank memes memes defines us we define memes we finally are memes how can we become danker alas I am here.

shit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.