[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should the J-man have responded?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: WhatIsTruth885x339.jpg (56KB, 885x339px) Image search: [Google]
WhatIsTruth885x339.jpg
56KB, 885x339px
How should the J-man have responded?
>>
>>7460283
His silence was the point.
>>
>>7460283
"Is."
>>
>>7460288
what?
>>
He shouldn't because it wasn't directed at him
>>
Pontious Pilate is the GOAT Bible character
>>
>>7460399
>not Job
>>
why was jesus crucified if pilate found no fault in him?
>>
>>7460411
Christian propaganda. They secretly resented the Romans because they championed strength and winning while the Christians were in an abject position of meekness.
>>
>>7460411
Watch Jesus Christ Superstar. It goes into all of this, plus the modern version's Pilate looks like M. Bison from Street Fighter.

Trust me, it's a classic.
>>
>>7460283
What you make the masses faithfully take their lives for.
>>
>>7460382
it was an absurd question to begin with. truth is all there is. in his silence the Christ taught by example. he urged pontius to shut the fuck up and bear witness to the sublime veracity of that very moment. what is truth? truth is the reason you inhale through your nostrils absorb oxygen through expanding cilia, exhale carbon dioxide and breathe into the greenery of the world as it breathes into you. truth is the universe and the inherent reason in it. sublime divine boundlessly fractal truth is the default setting. it is only when we are inattentive, warped in our perceptions, full of ourselves do we lose sight of the mystery that engenders our very existence
>>
>>7460419
Nah.
>>
>>7460411

He had no call. Another Jew, another criminal, another enemy of the state being brought to him to be told "we are going to crucify this one as well".

That type of shit probably happened so goddamn much. It was a weekly thing for him to say "people who know this man. What do you think of his injustice?"

Seriously. Don't think so hard about it. Pilate saw no fault because he witnessed no fault. However, the people did.
>>
>>7460411
Because the Jews were ready to riot and Pilate wanted to avoid having to butcher most of Jerusalem. If all it took was crucifying one random-ass desert preacher, why not give them what they want?
>>
>>7460283
FOR YOU

>>7460399
That's not Abraham
>>
>>7460419
in this moment...
>>
>>7460420
well fuck you too sir.
>>
>>7460422
>>7460424
Why did the romans even get involved? If the people were so pissed at him why didnt he get bumped off in an alley at night?
>>
>>7460435
....because the Romans fucking controlled Judea and the leaders went to Judas REMEMBER?!. They wanted Jesus dead because he was fucking up their deal with the Romans. So the Romans grabbed jesus because the soldiers and romans were doing business with the leaders of the province. So....they brought him to Pilate under the guise that he was planning on overthrowing the Kingdom. Pilate, not really giving a fuck about another criminal said "oh goddammit. what the fuck do they want? Do they want to let this murderer go or for jesus to die. I don't care, let them choose."

He was being made an example of to anyone who betrayed the jews who were making money off of Romans and vice versa.
>>
>>7460435
Well not EVERYONE was pissed at Jesus. He did have a bit of a following, the Apostles, Women, and such, although according to the Gospels they all deserted him by the time he was brought before Pilate.

The Romans got involved because they ruled Palestine. It was their territory, and they were the law.
>>
File: v-for-vendetta.jpg (15KB, 515x329px) Image search: [Google]
v-for-vendetta.jpg
15KB, 515x329px
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Everything is possible
Nothing is true
>>
>>7460382
Stupid to dignify such a milquetoast question. Just by saying this, Pontius is proving that he values exciting conversation and good times with friends over the actual truth. So why bother to continue talking to him?
>>
>>7460419
nope, the exchange began with jesus not being exactly timid about truth.

>Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice." Pilate said to Him, "What is truth?" And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews and said to them, "I find no guilt in Him. "But you have a custom that I release someone for you at the Passover; do you wish then that I release for you the King of the Jews?"…
>>
>>7460283

fnand(T,T)=F; fnand(T,F)=fnand(F,T)=fnand(F,F)=T

Then, for convenience, fnot, for fand and so on are defined by means of fnand:

fnot(x)=fnand(x,x)
for(x,y)= fnand(fnot(x), fnot(y))
fand(x,y)=fnot(fnand(x,y))

or, alternatively fnot, for fand and so on are defined directly:

fnot(T)=F; fnot(F)=T;
for(T,T)=for(T,F)=for(F,T)=T;for(F,F)=F
fand(T,T)=T; fand(T,F)=fand(F,T)=fand(F,F)=F

Then

I(~)=I(¬)=fnot
I(&)=I(^)=I(&)=fand
I(v)=I(\lor)= for
I(~Φ)=I(¬Φ)=I(¬)(I(Φ))=fnot(I(Φ))
I(Φ&Ψ) = I(&)(I(Φ), I(Ψ))= fand(I(Φ), I(Ψ))

etc.

Thus if S is a sentence that is a string of symbols consisting of logical symbols v1...vn representing logical connectives, and non-logical symbols c1...cn, then if and only if I(v1)...I(vn) have been provided interpreting v1 to vn by means of fnand (or any other set of functional complete truth-functions) then the truth-value of I(s) is determined entirely by the truth-values of c1...cn, i.e. of I(c1)...I(cn). In other words, as expected and required, S is true or false only under an interpretation of all its non-logical symbols.
>>
File: 1448408062481.png (346KB, 1829x788px) Image search: [Google]
1448408062481.png
346KB, 1829x788px
>>7461370
>>
>>7460283
ITT: absolutely no Christian historians and horrible conjecture and broad strokes. Read the new testament if you want to know what happens in the new testament.
>>
>>7460411
Some cool history. 66 years after Jesus's death, the Jews in Palestine revolted and seized Jerusalem.

At the time of Jesus's execution, there might have been Passover - which would have meant a huge and angry conglomeration of Jews bustling about Jerusalem. Furthermore, there were Jewish Zealots (yes, the OGs of the term) muscling for a Jewish state and Jesus's relative Joseph was a real player in the Jewish scene - King Herod was so afraid of him (he was seen as a legit prophet of the faith) that he only beheaded him (after keeping him quite happily in jail) because his skank wife was pissed he said their marriage was unlawful, and publicly asked him to promise his head.

There's a lot more, and I'm a bit drunk, but Jesus's was crowned "king of the Jews" and huimiliated by the Romans partially as a great PR stunt: this is what happens when Jews start questioning the status quo; not out of some kind of religious but rather just pragmatism to preserve the empire.
>>
>>7460419
I enjoyed this post.
>>
>>7461370
muh godel incompleteness theorem
>>
File: nietzsche.jpg (165KB, 773x1024px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
165KB, 773x1024px
>Must I add that, in the whole New Testament, there appears but a solitary figure worthy of honour? Pilate, the Roman viceroy. To regard a Jewish imbroglio seriously—that was quite beyond him. One Jew more or less—what did it matter?… The noble scorn of a Roman, before whom the word "truth" was shamelessly mishandled, enriched the New Testament with the only saying that has any value—and that is at once its criticism and its destruction: "What is truth?"…
>>
>>7460419
>>7460474
>Not responding with silence

>>7462214
Muh Godel Completeness Theorem

>>7460283
Truth is what you make it.
>>
>>7462247
nietzsche is such an edgemaster jeez.
>>
>>7460399
a roman mary sue
>>
"philosophy belongs on /his/"
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.