[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's any good? Worth reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: holy-bible-cover[1].jpg (1MB, 1540x2429px) Image search: [Google]
holy-bible-cover[1].jpg
1MB, 1540x2429px
It's any good? Worth reading?
>>
>>7417109
Not really, read the Quran instead, it's the updated version.
>>
>>7417116
Whats the problem with the bible? How can you compare with the Quran? I am more interest in the bible because my gf is catholic and i was born to atheist parents (in a way that i know pretty much nothing about religion).
>>
New Testament is pretty cool to read.

most of OT is boring, but has its gems
>>
I suppose if you're into religious history or if you find history interesting in general it is a good read. It lets you experience the perspective of someone (the author) who has delusions and schizophrenia.
>>
>>7417131
So read it instead of procrastinating on a shitposting board.
>>
>>7417116
>read the Quran instead
The Qur'an, although confused in its retelling, is deeply reverent toward the OT and NT and those mentioned in them
>peace be upon them
>>
SPOILER ALERT:
In the end, who fucks everything is a dragon with seven heads and ten horns.
The dragon spits a fucking ocean to kill a woman, but God make a hole in the ground bigger than OP's mother butthole to suck all the water like OP's mother does with cum. What a cool part.
>>
>>7417116
When will the Islam meme finally die out?
>>
The Old Testament and too long. They should have hired a better editor, there's a lot of repetitive stuff which doesn't add to the plot. The New Testament is more Hemingway-esque, it goes to the heart of things and you can read it quite quickly.
>>
>>7417630
>a sexually repressed 14-yr-old reads Revelation
>>
>>7417630
Everybody complain about how Tolkien describe everything, but we have to admit, he would have done a excellent job doing this.

>>7417667
"Revelation" please, fuck off.
Literally is exactly what happens, don't assign meaning where there is a fact, because doesn't matter who the fuck is the dragon, it was there.
A dragon with 7 heads is clearly described (not that good, but clearly enough), a river/ocean (I don't remember) came out of his mouths because he want to kill a woman who magically have the wings of a giant eagle and a abyss magically appeared to help her.
This is high fantasy, just deal with it.
>>
>>7417736
No idea where any of your venom is coming from. On the plus side, My responding has distracted Skynet with the finer points of identifying palm trees and has thereby postponed (although by no means averted, alas) the robot APOCALYPSE.
Oh wait, actually it was street signs this time.
>>
>>7417418
>It lets you experience the perspective of someone (the author) who has delusions and schizophrenia.
Is this some kind of atheist joke or...?
>>
>>7417999
Come on, don't pretend you're not aleady accustomed to the fact that most sensible people think you're a loon for it.
>>
It's alright for a self-published work, but the author started self-inserting toward the middle.
>>
>>7418015
The Bible doesn't have an 'author', reddit, it has many. Most sections contain keen philosophical insight and wisdom, and in their original language probably had beautiful verse as well (the KJV tries to get back to a point of phonaesthatic flow too)
So maybe you should get back to /r/atheism and stop pontificating on subjects you know not of.

Holy fuck this thread is awful overall. The Christfags who left for /his/ need to get back here and save us from these bait threads.
>>
File: christians-in-pakistan-prayers.jpg (480KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
christians-in-pakistan-prayers.jpg
480KB, 2560x1600px
Gospels are good, I think John is pretty good and His epistles. Epistle of James, epistles of Peter. Daniel is also good.
>>
>>7417109
Yes, of course it's worth reading. If you don't read it, I can guarantee you will not get many subtle references made to it in other works.
>>
>>7418260
Yes I wish they would all come back, so those of us with a drop of reason can wash away their ignorance and stupidity.

*tips fedora*

Good day, sir.
>>
bunch of lies written by dead men
>>
Favorite Books:
>God Tier:
Genesis
Revelation
Job
Isaiah
Matthew
John
Ecclesiastes
Proverbs
Psalms
>Good Tier:
Judges
Exodus
Acts
Daniel
Jonah
Hebrews
Romans
James
>Mid Tier:
Chronicles
Corinthians
Deuteronomy
Numbers
>God give me patience to finish this Tier:
Leviticus
Song of Solomon
>>
>>7417635

>The Gospels
>not repetitive
>The Epistles
>not both boring and too long
>>
>>7418598
>the hot erotic one in the same tier as the legal textbook
>anything below God tier
I kid; I especially agree with Genesis, Isaiah, Psalms, Ecclesiastes, Matthew, and John at the top
>>
>>7418598
Wow a list that I actually agree with.
>>
>>7417109
Not making your own
personal
Biblos.
>>
>>7417109
Just read Milton and be done with it.
>>
>>7418598
kek. All those books in God-tier as well as The god-tier itself.
The only good-tier books are Jobber and Lsd-lypse.. .
>>
>>7417630
Yeah, not that I expected better, but really?? No, God, how do people buy this shit? Rhetorical question.
>>
File: chekm.jpg (223KB, 596x537px) Image search: [Google]
chekm.jpg
223KB, 596x537px
>>7417109
It's only the basis for the entire western canon, but nah, m8--don't bother.
>>
>>7417109
Literally the greatest form of literature of all time.
>>
Read only the new testament.
>>
>>7420005

Knowledge of the OT makes the NT profoundly more meaningful.
>>
Still not worth reading
>>
>>7420168
B-butterfly?
>>
>>7420617

No, note 1) the lack of tripcode and 2) the lack of substance.
>>
>>7417109
Couldn't even get through Genesis.
Even if looking at it from a mythical stand point, it's still hilariously ridiculous.
>>
>>7417109

I'm currently reading it one chapter at a time and am on Genesis 20.

It's interesting for me. I had never read it cover to cover. I have found that people have a lot of misconceptions about the stories therein. Some of my changes of mind are favorable to Christians/Jews. Some passages (Genesis 1-11 and 19 in particular) have solidified my fedorafag bias that it was dumb blind guessing by cavemen retards.
>>
>>7421018

Sodom and Gomorrah made me kek harder than even the creation and flood stories.
>>
>>7417109
Just worth reading to get more out of literary allusions later on.

That feel when I had to explain basic Genesis and Exodus stories to my students so they'd understand references. Shit, kids,.. and you say you're Christians.
>>
>>7419348
I hope to rock that out like Blake and Jefferson did one day. Maybe I can have my very own cult too.
>>
>>7419943
This. It's essential reading if you want to have a better understanding of a massive amount of western /lit/. At least familiarize yourself with the more alluded to stories.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.