[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw it's coming true hold me bros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: LoveYouForever.png (449KB, 476x475px) Image search: [Google]
LoveYouForever.png
449KB, 476x475px
>tfw it's coming true

hold me bros
>>
world war 3 is finally popping off now that Turkey is pulling NATO into a war with Russia? or you meant someone actually published your scribblings?
>>
>>7395122

The book, you retard
>>
>>7395113

Fuck, i know that feel
>>
>>7395127
you made a mess in your parent's bathroom? ok buddy stay autistic
>>
My mom is still pretty young. Not even close to 50 yet.
But I'm afraid of it.
>>
>>7395164
is it about your parents dying or some shit?
>>
>>7395171
At the end of each day, a mother recites a night-night lullaby to her son, "Love you forever / love you for always / as long as I'm living my baby you'll be". It starts from him as a baby, growing up as a toddler, through childhood etc and when he is grown and has his own life, she visits him every night singing the same song to him. Eventually the mother is too old and sickly to make the travel, and as she's on her dying bed he cradles her and sings to her the same song (replacing baby with mother ofc). The book ends with him singing the same song to his infant daughter.

I dug the book up a few months ago cleaning my room up. I cried more than I can ever remember, just weeping uncontrollably. It's a shame if you never read it as a kid (and if you didn't it surely won't have the same effect on you now), but you probably have similar feelings about other silly little books (the Pokey Little Puppy is another favorite for me)
>>
>>7395164
My mom and dad are both in their early fifties. I do not look forward to this at all. I'm very close to my parents. It's going to hit me like a sack of bricks.
>>
>>7395240
>It starts from him as a baby, growing up as a toddler, through childhood etc and when he is grown and has his own life, she visits him every night singing the same song to him.

This actually sounds a little unhealthy t.b.h. famm
>>
>>7395240
i remember being really freaked out when the old lady breaks into his house
>>
>>7395241
same, but in a weird way, your life might be better, sometimes being to close to your parents crowds out other people from intimacy, so at first it will be hard, but you may find new people in your life afterwards
>>
Emotional manipulation is so shallow. Zapping yourself repeatably with a taser has the same effect.
>>
>>7395251
yup, and that is why sentimental art is bad art.
>>
>>7395248
>>7395247
it's a kids book, it can be silly
>>
File: 51NNM3JSWQL.jpg (52KB, 383x475px) Image search: [Google]
51NNM3JSWQL.jpg
52KB, 383x475px
>>7395254
>sentimental art is bad art

agreed.. most of munsch's early work is sappy rubbish. he peaked around the turn of the millenium. pic related
>>
>>7395113
I hadn't thought of this book in years.

I wasn't ready to feel these feels.
>>
>>7395240
>I dug the book up a few months ago cleaning my room up. I cried more than I can ever remember, just weeping uncontrollably.

Me too, anon. Man, Thinking about this book just makes me afraid of the future. An inevitable fate we will come to terms with someday.

Captcha: Turkey
>>
>>7395345
>le meme reaction image
You sure showed us.
>>
>>7395241
Deeply same.

In fact, I've only become closer with them since I graduated college. I don't think I've had a "deep" conversation with any of my friends in years (for various reasons, some of them certainly my fault) and I haven't had anyone intimate to confide in in a long time, so I think my parents are some of the closest people in my life.
>>
>>7395249
This is horrible but kind of true.
>>
>>7395495
>le le le le le
>>
>>7395240
>expecting us to know this shite
>>
>>7395673
Lot's of people know it. People with pure hearts and kind spirits.
>>
>>7395701
No, I meant the obscure book in the OP. The lesson makes sense but you posted "it's coming true" as if we're supposed to know what that means.
>>
>>7395240
Dude you just hit me right the feels, and gave me the best idea ever for christmas gift to my mother. I just ordered it.
Thanks anon, keep your feels close to your heart.
I love you mum ;_;
>>
Song related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWwAUAWN5lQ
>>
>>7395835
It is not really obscure. I figured pretty well everyone knew about this book. Not OP btw
>>
>tfw you see your parents as "old" for the first time
>tfw that first time you notice they aren't perpetually 40 anymore
>>
>>7395929
>tfw your parents will die in your lifetime
>tfw they had a harsh life and are old and sad
>>
File: 9d1a.jpg (8KB, 185x200px) Image search: [Google]
9d1a.jpg
8KB, 185x200px
>>7395929
>tfw that first time you notice they aren't perpetually 40 anymore
>>
>>7395971
>tfw my mom was 40 when she gave birth to me
>>
I'm 19 years old.

I am handsome, smart, athletic and virile.

I have a novel that is in it's final editing stage, and a creative writing professor at my college has read the first draft and thinks it's saleable.

I have a girlfriend who is confident, articulate, playful and spontaneous.

I have a small group of interesting friends from different social and academic backgrounds, and I also have many other acquaintances who see me as a reliable source of humour and good company.

Both my parents are alive and in good health.

I have no regrets.

I have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.

I am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.

I am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.

I will live a good life at your expense.
>>
>>7395973
my mom 33, now she's 60.
>>
>>7395978
Mine's 62. I email her today as asking if she'd like a sort of stint that helps with bunions and toe alignment since her big toes are curved inwards and cause her to hurt sometimes. She replied that she's too old to do anything about it now but thank you for thinking of her welfare.
>>
this is a dark fucking kids book. they warned me so long ago
>>
>>7395975
>at your expense
pls explain
>>
>>7395994
copypasta
>>
>A rich man asked a Zen master to write something down that could encourage the prosperity of his family for years to come. It would be something that the family could cherish for generations. On a large piece of paper, the >master wrote, "Father dies, son dies, grandson dies."

>The rich man became angry when he saw the master's work. "I asked you to write something down that could bring happiness and prosperity to my family. Why do you give me something depressing like this?"

>"If your son should die before you," the master answered, "this would bring unbearable grief to your family. If your grandson should die before your son, this also would bring great sorrow. If your family, generation after >generation, disappears in the order I have described, it will be the natural course of life. This is true happiness and prosperity."

I found my mother's corpse in the bathroom when I was seven on the morning of my brother's fifth birthday. Watching someone you love grow old is not easy, but the fact you've had the time to feel this dread is ultimately something to be thankful for.
>>
>>7396029
>If your family, generation after >generation

Did the zen master use a meme arrow IRL?
>>
>>7396031

The place I copy pasted from sure as fuck did.
>>
>>7396029
It must have been terribly hard to cope with grief at such a young age. I hope you are now experiencing happiness on a daily basis.
>>
>>7395975
>a novel that is in it's final editing stage

Please tell me you aren't editing it yourself.

>witty repartee

Great use of pleonasm, you buffoon.

>I am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble

So you've abandoned the Oxford comma halfway through...?

You've got work to do, kid.
>>
File: Bloom.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bloom.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>7395915
>it's not really obscure
Well, maybe not for the plebs who started with kid's books
>>
>>7396161
Dude, I read it as a kid and I'm french.
>>
>>7396031
>in my zen garden meditating
>rich man comes up to me
>he asks me to write a card for his son or some shit
>69 or dubs decides
get rollin niggas
>>
>>7396047
is this pasta too?
>>
File: simp4.png (44KB, 195x207px) Image search: [Google]
simp4.png
44KB, 195x207px
>>7395975

>entire post
>>
>>7396245
>Roses are red
>The grass is green
>You're the biggest faggot I've ever seen
>>
>>7395994
>>7396047
>>7396279
>replying to ancient pasta
>>
You fuckers made me start crying in class
>>
>dad has been diagnosed with parkinsons like a year ago
>he's just 55

fuck i didn't need to feel this right now
>>
>>7395113
My mom used to read this to me as a kid. It was one of my few memories I retained, her reading this to me every few nights and me watching. I then forgot about the book and randomly remembered it recently and everything it said would happen has happened. I'm now past the edgey rebel phase with crappy music and calming down a lot/growing up, but for some reason this hits me so hard in the feels. My mom calls me almost every night just to say hi and even though I get annoyed, now I feel bad. Thanks for the post OP.
>>
>>7395345
>fedoras
>cross necklace
A paradox
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.