[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where does he go wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632KB, 1464x1986px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632KB, 1464x1986px
where does he go wrong?
>>
Breaking from Schopenhauer
>>
>>7377314
Nowhere. Nietga btfo out of the church, atomism, and society as a whole.
>>
>>7377314
cite works or go to >>>/his/
>>
>>7377314
The part where he admitted he wasn't the Ubermensch himself.
His philosophy created the most evil empire that committed the greatest war crime ever (the natsoc party) and perma-wrecked Europe, and probably the entire world.
>>
>>7378089
his philosophy was more co-opted than anything else. Hitler had never read his works otherwise he'd have picked up on the whole "all anti-semites should be shot". It was just "oh hey master/slave and German let's roll"
>>
>>7377314
why don't you read him then come back and give us your analysis of it? Then we discuss it.
>>
>>7378114
Yeah you could admit his Sister was more responsible for that shit than anyone else
>>
>>7377314
IN WHICH BOOK OP
WHICH PART ARE YOU DOUBTING
IS THERE A PASSAGE THAT IS TROUBLING YOU
YOU WORTHLESS SHITPOSTING CUNT
>>
>>7378126
Not OP, but it bothers me how much he hates Europe and praises ME a lot

he's a faggot, I'm glad he is dead
>>
>>7378132
listen, nietzsche is constantly talking about he's a good european and he loves the french even though he's german
so obviously you haven't read shit because he bores that shit into your skull with his french phrases every fucking page
so fuck you
>>
>>7378144
>France
>European
>not African
>>
All German philosophy is shit. Go straight from Aristotle to Hume and don't look back. Also most French philosophy is terrible because its largely just an attempt at out "dude what if" ing the Germans so skip it as well
>>
>>7378089
Hitler also co-opted Christian methods of social order. That doesn't make Jesus a proto-Nazi.

Nietzsche's sister twisted his legacy so that a layperson for a while could be forgiven for thinking Nietzsche was an antisemite or German nationalist. You, however...

>>7378132
The Middle East wasn't nearly as fucked up back then as it is now, and it's history in antiquity is very strong.
>>
>>7378155
Stirner is the only German philosopher that matters
>>
>>7378132
>hates Europe
You didn't read Nietzche then.
>praises the Middle East
Because it has a lot to be praised about it. And when he was alive, Western imperialist interference in the region hadn't occurred yet and the Ottomans were still around.

>>7378149
Oh, you're just an idiot.
>>
>>7378160
Stirner is just Nietzsche lite and this twice as bad
>>
Where do you begin with Nietzsche? I've heard Thus Spake Zarathustra should be one of the later of his texts one should approach but I don't know which one you should commence with
>>
The Superman is messianic nonsense.
>>
>>7378187
Just jump in with Genealogy some people say that's a bad idea but they're just cowards des
>>
>>7378187
beyond good and evil followed by genealogy is probably best
if you want to see where he came from you could start with birth of tragedy but that's more to learn about nietzsche than his philosophy as was developed later
>>
>>7378155
Kek, because pre-Hume there was so much German philosophy that is now studied.
>>
>>7378208
Thanks.
>>
File: Tour-guide-Malcolm-Metcal-001.jpg (86KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
Tour-guide-Malcolm-Metcal-001.jpg
86KB, 620x372px
>>7378155
>and over here we see an example of what is commonly known on 4chan as "bait."
>>
File: stirner.jpg (19KB, 200x515px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.jpg
19KB, 200x515px
>>7377314
>where does he go wrong?
Where he plagiarises his core ideas from Max Stirner and doesn't give credit.
>>
Anti-Christianity
>>
>>7377314
Being a pussy. His collections of philosophical writings can be summed up as "B-BUT YOU'RE WRONG, SCHOPENHAUER, YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG AND I'M GOING TO PROVE IT BY MAKING UP MY OWN OPTIMIST RELIGION!".

Nietzsche is to Schopenhauer what Marx is to Stirner.
>>
>>7378188
>messianic
nope
>>
>>7378192
This, it's his best work to be honest
>>
obsolete research he used for genalogy of morals:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Wellhausen
also weak etymological arguments in genealogy

crackpot translation of Manu Smriti he used for antichrist:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Jacolliot

intrinsic flaws in his works:
-underestimation of USA and russia in general. this also spoiled the geopolitics of spengler and haushofer.
-eternal return probably impossible with current model of inflationary and accelerated expansion of universe, but he couldnt know that and it's still a mindfuck
-he kept evading the old problem of perspectivism (how do you pursue a privileged truth if you are sceptic of all truths?)
-he was a friend of eugenics after all. even nazis noticed that it's a shit idea as soon as your relatives become a target.
>>
>>7377360
How did he "btfo" atomism?

>>7378089
>perma-wrecked Europe
Fucking trollkids. Or genuine fucking idiot.

>>7378181
>>7379113
Stirner is an excellent addendum to Nietzsche.

>>7379308
Schoppy was wrong headed in all sorts of ways. Go cry some more, you sad little sack of shit.

>>7379607
Winner.
>>
>-he was a friend of eugenics after all. even nazis noticed that it's a shit idea as soon as your relatives become a target.
Did Nietzsche ever call for universalistic eugenics of the type "purge all the unclean for the good of the Race"? It seems unlike him, aristocratic "insulated" eugenics seems more of his thing.
>>
>>7379670
i'm unable to quote it right now, but there were explicit parts in gay science and TSZ, where the context (section about family/marriage/motherhood) didnt leave space for any other interpretation.
>>
>>7379701
What parts of TSZ? I have it right here, I can look them up myself.
>>
>>7379719
somewhere in 3rd part perhaps
>i'm unable
>>
>>7379670
Eugenics is still preferable to the dysgenics that western governments are inadvertently performing through the welfare state and multiculturalist experiments.

Do you genuinely believe that the majority of women select good qualities? Without financial incentives, they trend towards the most mentally inadequate and socially corrosive men possible. Capitalism literally coerced women into reproducing with intellectuals.
>>
>>7379607
This is probably the most retarded thing posted on /lit/ since creation.
>>
File: schopenhauer patient.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
schopenhauer patient.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>7380829
It is true that if a man abuses another, he is simply showing that he has no real or true causes of complaint against him; as, otherwise, he would bring these forward as the premises, and rely upon his hearers to draw the conclusion themselves: instead of which, he gives the conclusion and leaves out the premises, trusting that people will suppose that he has done so only for the sake of being brief.
>>
>>7378089

1) You're an idiot.

2) Nietzsche not believing himself to be the Ubermensch can hardly be seen as a point against him. He believed that mankind should work to create something greater than itself, but he didn't believe everyone could become Ubermensch. Only that they should try, and that at the very least trying was better than succumbing to nihilism and becoming the Last Man.

Nietzsche didn't see anything contemptible about failure. To try was enough.

3) Nietzsche hated Nazis. He believed antisemitism would destroy his country, and he was right.

His work was perverted against his beliefs and against his will by the sister he had originally disowned for marrying a Nazi. Its not the guy's fault that the Nazi's happened, and they would have happened without him.
>>
>>7378187
buy an anthology and start from page 1
>>
>>7378187
Genealogy, Beyound Good and Evil, Anti-Christ are good starting points.

Zarathustra needs to be read, it's the core book, but it's far too difficult for your first read. Even Nietzsche scholars do not fully understand some of the details.
>>
>>7377314
wherever he uses the word "woman"
>>
>>7377314
By desperately reacting to the Will with more misguided optimism than the worst case of Stockholm syndrome, then promptly collapsing into a mess upon realizing the impotence of the entire project.
>>
File: 1447157186484.png (86KB, 512x381px) Image search: [Google]
1447157186484.png
86KB, 512x381px
>>7381503
>le he le epin realized that le schopenhauer le was LE RIGHT MEME LE LE LE LE
>>
>>7381520
Schopenhauer wasn't right. The Will is not all there is. The absolute is something higher and good, the Will is just degeneration.
>>
>>7381520
>>>/v/
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.