[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Me Decide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: confused-man.jpg (217KB, 925x572px) Image search: [Google]
confused-man.jpg
217KB, 925x572px
Hey, I'm sitting next to a pile of four books, trying to decide what to read next--I'd really appreciate your input. They are:

1. Norwegian Wood by Murakami
2. The Devil in the White City by Larson
3. Middlesex by Eugenides and
4. Little Big Man by Berger

Any help is appreciated, as is your time, as is the withholding of any general abuse this post may incline you towards. Thanks!
>>
>>7370007
Those aren't Greek.
>>
>>7370017

Well, Eugenides is.
>>
OK, just tell me if Norwegian Wood is a good place to start with Murakami.
>>
>>7370007
How does that matter? Did you borrow them from a library?

If YES:
then you're an idiot for borrowing so many at the same time.

If NO:
Then perhaps you bought them. In which case you're again- an idiot or le idiote in French and if you're a woman.

OR

If you got them as a gift then you have seriously good friends/family. In which case you should respect their wishes and not compare them and think which is the best one and worth my time right now in my life. They're all good (in their own way) and thus you're an idiot because you disrespected your friends and family by saying that 'They don't know me'. Guess what 'You don't know yourself'.

Any way i say it:

YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

Thanks for wasting my time. I hope i have wasted yours too. Go fuck a cactus.
>>
>>7370318
Decently so.
>>
>>7370354

Please elaborate.
>>
>>7370318
It's different, in a sense, to a lot of his other works, in that it lacks any fantastical elements, but it's as good a place to start as any if you bear that in mind.
>>
>>7370364
>>7370384

Thank you both very much. Murakami it is.

>>7370354

Why does having picked up these four good books off the used cart at the library and, being open to reading any one of them, asking for informed opinions to see if anyone raved about one in particular make me an "idiot"?
>>
>>7370318
It's where I started, and he turned out to be my favorite writer. But as others mentioned, it's rather different from a lot of his other popular works, almost entirely devoid of anything supernatural.
>>
I own copies of Norwegian Wood and Middlesex but I haven't read either. Several friends of mine love Devil in the White City. Hope this helps, guessing it doesn't.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.