[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What websites (if any) do you visit to keep up to do date with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: roof.jpg (13KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
roof.jpg
13KB, 261x193px
What websites (if any) do you visit to keep up to do date with contemporary literatyre?

I'm thinking of making my own since I'm very invested in contemporary lit and have an autistic talent for cataloging large amounts of information and so on.
>>
>>7365465
I don't, but I have an idea about a website where books are cataloged by plot- so as to find new books. The closet thing I could find was tv-tropes literature, but they don't differentiate between main plot and "one character that was mentioned once"

So you could type in something like "main character gets stranded on strange planet" instead of title or author. And then you just get a list of books.

That would be the coolest thing.
>>
>>7365470
How specific would you like it though?

I'm not going to do this because I'm not that far on the spectrum, but it sounds cool I guess.
>>
>>7365474
Well, there'd be different tags per book, but there'd have to be a moderator to make sure there isn't too much deviation, or people wouldn't be able to find a book just because they worded it differently.
"Boy get's lost on a space ship." Where the engine would look for boy, lost, space, ship and maybe also look for teen and young man. If the engine were too pedantic, then it wouldn't work.
That would be my idea at least.
>>
>>7365465
Ugh why even bother. Literature is dead.
>>
New York Times "Books" section, and like once a month Book Forum. Those are both plebby, but the cover the various book awards and poppish non-fiction...but honestly, I'm not that into "keeping up to date" with literature, Marlon James is like the only living guy I'm interested in reading (other than any future Thomas Pynchon mystery novels)
>>
>>7365470
>plots

op was asking about literature, not tv show scripts
>>
>>7365510
>not wanting to read about specific things
what?
>>
>>7365513
>being so autistic that you demand someone create a website that allows you to search for 14 year old males in wisconsin in 1914 who go on an adventure with their pet collie.
>>
>>7365545
I'm not demanding anything, but yes. What's your point?
>>
>>7365552
*shoves you against a locker*

Say it again, kid. See what happens.
>>
>>7365465
I would just try to research and read the man booker shortlist every year, and keep an eye on NYT best sellers if cultural relevance is of interest to you.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:23616b493580b906cfe8e5fe8f0bc6e954f71243&dn=manbookerprize2015

long list if interested
>>
>>7365553
Are we roleplaying now?
>>
>>7365559
Uh, does it look like we are?

*subtly beckons a gang member to punch you in the gut*
>>
>>7365554
Thanks. But I am partly interesting in doing this because many authors, some good or at least interesting, are left out of these kind of lists and don't receive any press or attention. If anything I'd like to provide a sort of tribute to their effort and provide a review to their book which is meaningful (but not praiseworthy by default). Also a lot of contemporary books suck and I'd like to articulate my negativity towards them.
>>
>>7365570
I get you. My feedly has the New York Review of Books, New Republic Literature Section, and I also keep an eye on pirated London Review.

But lets face it, with brand spanking new 2015 recent releases, you basically have to sit down and read them as your library gets them. Hence I used the varied awards as a sort of sieve.
>>
>>7365574
"Not The Booker Prize" is another good prize to monitor as it has something like 100 books on its shortlist each year.
>>
>>7365562
*rapes*
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.