[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

honestly, what does this quote mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (40KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 850x400px
>>
File: manlet wisdom.jpg (142KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
manlet wisdom.jpg
142KB, 1024x768px
>"What be 'Be'? You cain't say that 'Be' be, cause you saying 'be' to talk about 'Be', and it don't mean nothing to say that 'Be' be dis or 'Be' be dat. 'Be' be 'Be' to begin wit'. So don't you be saying 'Be' be 'Be'. You wanna talk about 'Be', you gotta talk about what ain't be nothin' at all. You gotta say 'Be' be what ain't 'ain't-Be'. Now when you ain't be nothing at all? Dat be when you be daid. When you daid you ain't be nothing, you just be daid. So 'Be' be somewhere between where you be and where you ain't be, dat is, when you be daid. Any time you say 'Be' you is also saying 'ain't-Be', and dat make you think about being daid."
>>
dying to the self is not something that is done once and over with.

life and death are of supreme importance. time swiftly passes and opportunity is lost.
>>
File: Paulo-Coelho-quote.jpg (179KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Paulo-Coelho-quote.jpg
179KB, 1066x1600px
>>
>>7363352
It means that The Alchemist is puerile nonsense.
>>
Taken out of context like that, it could be lots of things. Heraclitean flux, Nietzschean self-overcoming, ascetic self-castigation.
>>
>>7363352
It kinda starts with a point but in the end yeah I have no fucking idea.
>>
>>7363345
does anyone know what the fraternity waving the flag is called in the front row?
>>
>>7363352
fucking hack
>>
>>7363666
these are secrets only revealed in death my friend, nice trips
>>
>>7363336

seems like a commentary on personal continuity, and the strangeness of "becoming" being as much an "un-becoming" as it is a becoming.
>>
>>7363336
imagine pepe or wojack juxtaposed with that quote and you shall be enlightened
>>
It's sort of like a phoenix, I suppose. He found what he loved and let it kill him. And he repeats it every day, and it kills him, and he gets up each morning, effectively reviving himself, after having killed himself the day before. And the culmination of all these exhaustive days created his identity and legacy.
>>
>>7363352
he is an evil wizard and trapped some poor wise kid inside his soul.
>>
>>7363357
Yeah, that book was shit. I mean, cool story, but expanding it beyond some sort of fictional adventure is ludicrous.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.