[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone start to read chinese fantasy power novels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: i217865.png (168KB, 282x350px) Image search: [Google]
i217865.png
168KB, 282x350px
Anyone start to read chinese fantasy power novels?
>>
Can you recommend some?
>>
>>7335069
Fuck yes, started reading Panlong and I shall seal the heavens. Was planning to start reading ATG as well.

>>7335070
Pretty much the two i've started, they start slow but get good after a few chapters.
>>
>>7335069
Chinese here.
Don't waste your time on that.
>>
>>7335072

It's good reading though If you just want some self-wanking literature.
>>
>>7335072
Top Kek.
>>
File: Linley1.jpg (93KB, 1000x816px) Image search: [Google]
Linley1.jpg
93KB, 1000x816px
Been reading Coiling Dragon and that shit is like crack. Anyone wanting to get into chinese fantasy power novels (xianxia in chink language) head on over to www.wuxiaworld.com and start with something like Coiling dragon if you want a long read or maybe Against the Gods if you want something a bit shorter. There's also Douluo Dalu which is like Xianxia with stands, though instead of star platinum we get something like a hammer or transforming with the spirits of animals. this shits like crack
>>
The only good one is Ravages of Time
>>
>reading Chinese comics

>>>/trash/
>>
>>7335076
They're not talking about Chinese stuff in general. They're talking about the Chinese equivalent of those Jap reincarnation power fantasy novels.

Ravages of Time is a good Manhua.
>>
>>7335077
>comics
kill yourself you uncultured swine
>>
I started reading martial god asura for the heck of it and have one question why do chinese people kill each other for everything and even little things? why can't they talk it out? why genocide a entire city cuz muh respect?
>>
>>7335080
kek thats the charm of MGA, the other chinese novels dont go to that extent. I mean the guy kills someones entire family just because he got insulted then rapes a few girls, that doesnt happen much in other novels
>>
I started panlong.

>>7335072
I never trust the chinese, even if I read their powerwank fantasies.
>>
Wuxia thread when???

The problem is getting good translations is very difficult (most are done by fans)

For those interested in literary wuxia, I would suggest Yu Hua. Blood and Plum Blossoms is a very readable novella, and you can find it online.

I would be interested in hearing any other recommendations for good translations
>>
>>7335095
i had an ok talk with an anon about gu long and jin yong in the chinese lit thread a few days ago
>>
>>7335069
I tried reading a few including that one. They were some of the worst thing that I've the displeasure of reading, they make YA look good by comparison.
>>
>>7335097

yeah, the problem is finding the proper/decent translations (if they even exist in the first place)--any thoughts/recommendations?
>>
>>7335122
chinese here, read them in original, can't help you

i think about translations a lot and so far i've come to the conclusion that it's impossible to translate wuxia properly into English due to how intricately linked with the entirety of Chinese language and culture it is :| which is a huge shame cause i really wish more people would be able to read jin yong's stuff outside of asia
>>
>>7335072
fuck off tao
>>
>>7335121
try ISSTH. I've heard that it's different from normal Xianxia and the best of the lot
>>
and yeah chinese webnovels/fantasy self-inserts are almost uniformly awful

there are some "passable" ones but it's still pretty poor when looked at objectively

desu the grave robbing ones are better
>>
>>7335174
its all for fun though, if i wanted a nobel that focuses on characters i would read something else but chinese wns are really fun to read
>>
>>7335187
i mean i only comment cause i've read a shitton of them

like there are really fun aspects to them i just wish the overall quality was a bit higher
>>
>>7335189
yea objectively they are pretty bad but i find the idea of leveling up really enjoyable.
>>
>>7335201
just go play vidya :|
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.