[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately I've been unable to stop a thought popping into my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1335423059883.jpg (68KB, 498x535px) Image search: [Google]
1335423059883.jpg
68KB, 498x535px
Lately I've been unable to stop a thought popping into my head whilst reading fiction: 'this never really happened so it doesn't matter'. Now, I know that this is a stupid thing to think for a variety of reasons, but no matter how irrational I try to convince myself it is, it just keeps happening, and when it does it takes all enjoyment out of reading the book until it recedes back from the forefront of my thoughts.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a thought pattern I can follow to rid myself of this nagging feeling?
>>
Prove that anything in the past 'really happened' B)
>>
>>7320474
Yeah, this sort of epistemological nihilism is the path I tried to take me out of the thought but it doesn't seem to work. I don't know what else to do, my silly fucking brain is ruining fiction for me!
>>
>>7320474
you're just going to end convincing him that nothing matters at all
>>
>>7320460
Ur fucked tbqh family
>>
>>7320460
Your concern only matters insofar as it's making you miserable. That's worse than nothing!
>>
>>7320502
I'm sorry, but I don't follow. What do you mean?
>>
File: asian tech.jpg (15KB, 300x159px) Image search: [Google]
asian tech.jpg
15KB, 300x159px
>>7320460
well you are right。I guess you should just stop wasting your time with silly made-up stories,instead focus your time and energy on science and technology。
>>
They might not have happend exactly how the whole story plays out, but that doesn't mean the situations didn't happen.

Is the world exactly like 1984? No, but how many analogies to the modern world the book has?

How many books about love show feelings that you have when in love and could express in words how you felt?

The whole point of /lit/ are the universal situations that are commonplace to any human life but presented in a more complex and "realistic" way.

So.....reading teaches you about life and reflecting upon your existence...it doesn't matter if it happend or not, the real feelings, scenes and situations are there.
>>
>>7320620
Thanks.
>>
>>7320460
I had the same problem a few years a go. ( I also couldn't enjoy watching a non-documentary movie bc I knew it was all staged. )
The question I often asked myself during this phase, and that was also strongly related to the subject, was: "Why do people write?"
Telling a story helps people deal with their inner problems. They have a need to share their thaughts and feelings. Or maybe they just find it a fun thing to do. Using fictional events and characters they cover themes and ideas they find worthy exploring.
Once I've explained that to myself I actually couldn't go back to reading normally but maybe you will find it helpfull. The thing that got me back on the reading track was time. After a few weeks I somehow stopped questioning stuff and having those weird kinda thaughts.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.