[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to uni pub >poetry slam is going on >contestants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 9

File: poetry_slam_logo.jpg (18KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
poetry_slam_logo.jpg
18KB, 500x270px
>go to uni pub
>poetry slam is going on
>contestants are mostly girls with died hair and flanel and jeans and thick glasses, with one guy in lipstick and giant red hair and black jeans and t-shirt and a couple grunge looking dudes
>one girl goes up and just says "Women."
>silence
>slow applause
>"WOMEN!"
>more applause and some whoops
>"This trap for me, misogyny" (paraphrasing but basically it or something close)
>audience gets more into it
>others make hamfisted critiques of Western society based on class inequality and whatnot
>guy who wins is redhead dude with a thing about his gender fluidity
>all the time it's delivered like some sort of aggressive rap battle with the crowd whooping and hollering

What the fuck even is this and how did it start and surely it is not taken seriously as "literature" outside of the lowliest circles of university campuses.
>>
>>7202086
You are correct, it is not taken seriously.
>>
>>7202086
>others make hamfisted critiques of Western society based on class inequality and whatnot

At least there were some sane people there. Is identity politics now making way for class-struggle at poetry slams? What a nice development.
>>
>>7202097
They based their class critiques around identity politics.
>>
It's a way for self-righteous idiots with no talent to feel like Eminem in 8 Mile crossed with MLK, nothing more.
>>
If they don't clap and cheer for the other people's self-obsessed ravings then no one will clap and cheer for theirs.
>>
>>7202102
Why didn't you go up their and satirize them with a proper class-based analysis in the form of verse? Or do something ironic about how reading slam poetry and talking about gender, sex, and race is surely going to bring about less exploitation
>>
ITT: Males who can't handle how fragile their masculinity is. Women are finally taking their place as great poets. Get over it, it's 2015.
>>
>>7202113
0/10.

Go back to your containment board.
>>
Poetry slams here are more like comedy, though I guess it depends on the venue. Obviously not fine art, but still amusing from time to time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_YnI42a4TQ
>>
>>7202110
Drinks m8
>>
>>7202086
it is actually embarrassing.
where i come from, the way they perform actually just straight up sounds like terrible conscious hiphop with shit flow.
some guy even had a fucking hook
>>
>>7202121
>Poetry slams here are more like comedy
>posts non-american
ah i see, then you might be right
>>
>>7202110
>Or do something ironic about how reading slam poetry and talking about gender, sex, and race is surely going to bring about less exploitation
i hate it when they do this, it's literally the worst
>>
>facebook friend posts about a poetry event at my uni
>decide to go. sure it's probably shit but maybe I'll meet some people who are into poetry
>get there just before it starts
>the people are a little awkward-looking but I'm trying to be open-minded
>after a short introduction, a chubby white girl with an undercut walks up on stage
>"'Not all men' will rape one in six women."
>uh oh is this slam poetry
>"'Not all men' will sexually assault a woman every two minutes in this country."
>crowd is nodding and looking really grave except for a few girls near the front who are clapping
>"Not all men . . . sexually assaulted me when I was twelve years old."
>stopped listening at this point
>are these people really clapping this? this is awful
>the girl on stage is yelling now
>I'm just trying to imagine if any of these people actually read poetry. and how did I get tricked into attending a slam poetry event
>she finishes her "poem", everyone is applauding
>as the applauding dies down I hear a single voice from the back of the room
>people are turning around to look for the source of the noise, it starts again
>it's a man's voice, with a brooklyn accent
>"No discernible talent!"
>I can feel the whole place filling with resentment, so I slip out
>>
>>7202086
Which university is that? Here in continental Europe we don't know how to do poetry slams. So instead it is someone telling you the story of how a fly landed once landed onto his penis while he was masturbating to one adult streaming website considered hip enough to be mentioned in the local counterpart to Vice. Then you have a fairly lazy attempt to imitate the hollering you see in American videos (we're doing this "poetry slam" thing, right?) and then we talk about the dongcopter pirate and catching flies. We drink what you are ought to drink inside our local drinking culture.

Enter a lady who reads some decent poetry (Finally! Nothing confessional! Just reference humour, situation humour, irony); we proceed to "holler" (this IS a poetry slam), we drink, we say she actually was good and go on discussing our gossip while she slinks awkwardly through the barren corners of the pub with her free drink (she doesn't have a friend around.)

tl;dr: Your poetry slams are much better than mine. I suppose you're living in America. In Germany we are IMITATING America and we aren't very good at this.

As for the "identity politics" talk, with that shit you can go straight back to /pol/.
>>
>>7202160
>German poetry
All I can imagine is people screaming gutterally about how brooding and powerful mountains are.
>>
>>7202211
DER WATZMANN RUFT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuZnrbIofJE
>>
>>7202211
Goddamnit most of Germany doesn't even that big mountains.
>>
>>7202155
Foucault was right about the confessionalization of everything in Western society tbh
>>7202211
>He can't into Holderlin
>>
>>7202211
>All I can imagine is people screaming gutterally about how brooding and powerful mountains are.
That doesn't sound great to you?
>>
>>7202223
Well, German Romanticism was mainly about going into the mountains and letting the judges and the executioners deal with "the whooping and hollering crowd" for "making hamfisted critiques of Western society based on class inequality and whatnot".
OP should bring his grand piano to the nextest slam and commence reciting something of that sort:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR8_n-B8qu0
>>
File: Snapchat-8835147236590035694.jpg (682KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8835147236590035694.jpg
682KB, 1080x1920px
Presented a Poem dedicated to John Keats at a slam and got totally panned. Not gonna deny I was butthurt.
>>
>>7202356
Personally I would go with a good Wagnerian 'EEEELLLLLIIIIIZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'
>>
>>7202155
>in a Brooklyn accent
>"no discernable talent"
Hahaha jesus christ I dont know why this is so funny
>>
>>7202155
>mfw /lit/izen saves the day
>>
>>7202086

Can someone explain to me what a poetry slam is? I looked it up but didn't understand.
>>
>>7202371
post the poem nerd
>>
>>7202757
Slam poetry is basically a rap battle for white people.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 200x269px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 200x269px
>>7202155

Based Bloom.
>>
>>7202086
>have to take a poetry writing course to finish out my creative writing minor
>even though I'm in it for fiction
>"you have to attend three literary events this semester!"
>every literary event at my college is a wankfest
>end up going with some grill to a slam poetry class
>I get to rest on her legs while I sit in front of her, but that's the only good thing of the night
>Jew girl moaning about antisemitism
>Muslim girl whining about being singled out for her retarded hijab
>black girl complaining about white people touching her hair or some shit
>white kid starts a faggy rant about that black kid with a toy gun who got shot by a cop
>I'm half asleep by then
>'And if you think for a second that that's justified...'
>SHUT
>THE FUCK
>UP
He fucking SCREAMED that goddamn line at the top of his lungs several times during his retarded-ass poem.

Poetry slams are terrible cesspools of cuckoldry and social justice wankery. I'm glad I escaped with my life.
>>
Brehs... how do I into poetry. It's by far been the most intimidating aspect of literature to me. I want to be familiar with it. I want to be able to evaluate it. I want to be able to write it. At present, the most I could crank out is children's books type basic end rhymes. It's either that or really moody, whiny poetry which I can't bring myself to write. Please help. I want to grow.
>>
>>7202956
Poetry is a pleb form, don't bother with it.
>>
>>7202956
Poetry means fucking anything you want it mean these days.

>Be doing a minor in creative writing
>Have to take poetry unit
>I do it online to avoid the kind of shit in this thread
>Required to write 12 poems across the semester
>No restrictions
>They don't have to rhyme, follow a structure or make sense
>I did all 12 in one evening just talking about whatever crossed my mind
>Get congratulations from my lecturer

If you want to take poetry seriously, look back at the old greats before things got all freeform. Learn how to write sonnets and then go from there. Sonnets actually require talent and thought.
>>
>>7203038
why is /lit/ so pleb at poetry? it's not even funny anymore. you guys can't handle free verse poetry so stick to shitty prose stylists to feel better about being pleb retards. reddit seems like a good place for you cucks
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-06-23-27-02.png (246KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-06-23-27-02.png
246KB, 1080x1920px
>>7202766
I even typed it out for you.
If its shit let me know, im trying to get better
>>
>>7203087
Free verse can be good, but lets be honest any poem needs a cantor or meter of some sort for it not to sound horrible.
Its not about fitting a structure, its about form following function.
>>
File: 1430521195167.png (209KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1430521195167.png
209KB, 1000x1000px
A short couplet, inspired by this thread:

We get it, you like Ginsberg and quote Bukowski
Ill bet that I like gin sir, and poems not lowsy.
>>
>tfw professor made everybody watch this in lecture
>tfw it's fucking called 'identity jenga' and it's not a joke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xktP2ksYEXY&ab_channel=Roundhouse
>>
Why does life have to go in such an ugly direction?
>>
>>7202155
>NOI DISSOINIBLE TALINT
>>
>>7202103
sorry you're a shut-in loser who never leaves his room and would probably have a nervous breakdown if forced to entertain any number of people
>>
>>7203117
you spelled lousy wrong
>>
>>7203090
would have panned. also sounds awkward to present. recording of you reading out loud pls
>>
>>7203132
That was pretty good, I don't see your problem with it. She doesn't just start shouting shock value shit, she actually rhymes well.
>>
>>7203152
Please give actual criticism please.
No mic sorry.
>>
>>7203146
>ur a luser lmao
It's past your beddy-bye time.
>>
>>7203165
post the raw text of the poem in a post so i can copy and paste and go line by line
>>
File: 1443933450632.png (120KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
1443933450632.png
120KB, 299x276px
>>7203171

To Keats

Cool autumn breath, coos into my neck,
Whispers a scene an actor cannot trace,
The whirling wind-mind left unchecked,
To hold my percept in perfect place.
Yet in this pause, not prose nor verse arose;
How do I begin to speaketh soft serenity?
I pace to prayers, psalms but inscrutable
And ask the friars, if songs are immutable
I feel the whisper, the sound of the cold
What are my senses if not for this use?
I can inscribe but I cannot produce,
Only harvest wisdom of barken poles.
What can one say that has not been spoken?
Whether whistling wails of wind against wood
Or the violent out-cry of branches now broken,
A multitude of raindrops have cried the struggle,
And a thousand splendid smiles have fallen from autumn trees.
Laughing and swaying, our words are supple leaves.
>>
>>7203179
Do you speak another language?
>>
>>7203167
it rings true though. though you probably have some sad-sack narrative for why you're alone and how you're better than the people who actually put themselves out there. sorry but you really are just a loser.
>>
>>7203180
I wish.
>>
>>7203182
I'm not even that anon, son. You just really sound like a really inmature person.

>>7203183
What is, from your perspective of english speaker, the most important part of the poem?
>>
>>7202086
quick someone post the screencap of the guy who's highschool did slam poetry to celebrate Martin Luther King Day
>>
>>7203187
you have to read his original post. and if you still think otherwise you're probably the same.
>>
>>7203187
Of mine?
>I can inscribe but not produce,
>Only harvest the wisdom of barken poles
And everything that follows.
>>
>>7203206
Sorry, I meant if it was the way it sounds, or the actual meaning, stuff like that. I don't into english poems a lot and i really like how yours is read. Sounds really good. Who was your main influence?
>>
>>7203179
> Cool autumn breath, coos into my neck,
the cool/coos wordplay is too cute and too obvious. the comma is unnecessary

>Whispers a scene an actor cannot trace,
mixing too many metaphors. a whisper is auditory, a scene is dramatic, tracing is something from the visual arts. a confusing line without being worth the confusion. also, these lines together are

>Cool autumn breath, coos into my neck, whispers a scene an actor cannot trace,

which is ungrammatical in a confusing way. squeezing "and" into the beginning of the line would at least let it be grammatical and the meter would more or less still work fine.

>The whirling wind-mind left unchecked,
"wind-mind" is pretentious and awkward. the alliteration is forced. if you're going to say "wind-mind" you better have something better happening to the wind-mind than that it is "left unchecked"

>To hold my percept in perfect place.
forced alliteration. you are forcing the meter too much as well. every single foot doesn't have to be a staunch iamb. reread a keats poem and mark every foot down, he uses substitutions much more liberally than you. i feel constrained by the meter at this point

>Yet in this pause, not prose nor verse arose;
more forced alliteration and assonance. irregular internal rhymes (prose, arose) makes things awkward. the deliberately archaic "not prose nor verse arose" is awkward as well. don't write to be deliberately archaic, write the way that is natural to you. i highly doubt that is natural to you.

>How do I begin to speaketh soft serenity?
speaketh is ridiculously awkward here. i assume you chose it to fit the meter, but that's unnecessary. "speak" works fine. "soft serenity" is generic and overblown.

>I pace to prayers, psalms but inscrutable
And ask the friars, if songs are immutable

confusing and silly lines that feel forced. the rhyme is awkward. try to stick with rhymes that end on a stress for the most part. the structure of the poem also dissolves at this point, you had a quatrain and now it really just doesn't make sense, i can't settle into a rhythm of reading.

>I feel the whisper, the sound of the cold
What are my senses if not for this use?

i don't see the use of these lines and i don't find them well written

>I can inscribe but I cannot produce,
Only harvest wisdom of barken poles.
What can one say that has not been spoken?

better lines then most in the poem because you don't overdo them like you do all the other lines

>Whether whistling wails of wind against wood

terrible alliteration. this is like the example in a textbook of how to overdo alliteration.

the rest feels more or less like you just let the poem carry you away and couldn't keep it in control. the couplet feels awkward because trees and leaves don't really rhyme. it's fine to rhyme trees and leaves in a quatrain but in the ending couplet the rhyme needs to be more satisfying
>>
>>7203212
Oh, sorry.
It was inspired by (as in it directly copies) John Keats, as the title suggests. My favorite poet as of current.

I did try to make it sound very calm and comfy, id say the way its written is just as important, if not lending to, the message.
>>
>>7203220
Thank you. Goodnight.
>>
>>7203218
Thanks man, ill chew on your advice.

Although
>the rest feels like you let the poem carry you away
Damn I was more proud of the last 4 lines than anything, I dont see what you mean.
>>
>>7203232
it might not be that the rest of the poem carried you away, it might be that the start of the poem meandered and then you focused at the end. but the effect is that the beginning and the end are not in harmony. whether that's the fault of the beginning or of the end i can't say, because I didn't write the poem
>>
>>7203235
Fair enough. Thanks again man.
>>
>>7203240
Also, do you think I should try to re-write the poem or it is unsalvagable and I should just start something new?
>>
>>7202110
Because poor people are scum.
>>
>>7202143
Agreed that would be incredibly cringy
>>
>>7203247
i think you should just start something new
>>
>>7202160
But that sounds 10,000x better than OP's description of slam poetry in the US.
>>
>>7203090
>How do I begin to speaketh
please tell me that's a typo
>>
Hear me wretched man-babies and degenerate womenfolk!

Manliness used to mean something in this world! Manliness used to be a virtue! Now you all compete in who can be the biggest faggot...
And you confused Millennials think this shall set you free, I beg to differ!

The more effeminate you get as a man and the less Power you shall Wrestle, the less Freedom you will Conquer. As a woman, the more manly you think you are, the less you will Inspire and the less you will be liked. These are the facts of Life.

This World is one of Children now, and children will always depend on their betters... You confused wretches... Standards are not there to oppress! They are there for you to have something to strive for!! And just as it was since the Dawn of Time, it is Striving which will make your Life better; not laying down and complaining to your mother or father society!!

You children of a confused age - who in your infinite confusion think you are fighting for a better world - You, YOU! are what is wrong with the world.

In my mind's Eye I see a world where Manliness and Womanliness are praised once again. A world of Beauty and Strength, Intelligence and Wisdom. A world in which Our Journeying into the Stars will be seen as the obvious thing to do. A world where we don't praise weakness. A world where we don't fight Nature and consequently we don't suffer...

All these old Institutions, if i agree about one thing with you, is that they have to Fall; but instead of having your cultish "Matriarchy" we Must instate something amenable to billions of years of evolution; the thing you so arrogantly and ignorantly ignore; why do babies hold their breath underwater i say to you? Or is this also something "learned"?

*drops mic*
>>
>>7203606
and then there was silence... h8 or r8 cunts.
>>
>>7203677
indifference is my answer
>>
>>7203698
but you answered you moron. And what do you mean by that anyway, are you so far gone?
>>
>>7203711
How old are you ?
>>
>>7203714
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NRYLzWovtk
Professor (woman in her 50s with pink hair and Martens boots) made us watch this and then proceded to tell a story about choosing the right synonym for vagina to teach to her daughter
>>
>>7203606
10/10.

Although you would probably have to get out of there before they would start maiming you.
>>
>>7203753
You think that's bad ? My english PROFESSOR put us through John Green's vlog. I am not even american.
>>
>>7202155
kekd
>>
File: 1430050080764.gif (857KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1430050080764.gif
857KB, 200x200px
>>7203753
painfully inauthentic
>>
>>7203753
jane goldman?
>>
>>7203753
kek, i had to do an elective for my degree and i ended up doing a native studies because it was shit easy and good time.

Old ass bitch professor had a phd in TV shows and literally said "who doesn't want a phd from just watching tv!?"

we literally just watched movies in that class and wrote about how they made us feel. minimal discussion because confrontation blah blah.

One time i was actually interested in a term she used, but it was ambiguous, she said something about none-personal rights.
It's interesting if a native person was going to argue for rights the environment possessed itself, or so I thought.

I asked her what that term meant or where it comes from, she said she just was using the words together like that and afterwards told me the white mans time is over. lady was white BTW.

LOL
>>
>>7203844
There is nothing more pathetic than bourgie white women who somehow think they are part of the Struggle. Apart from a tiny amount of powerful white and Jewish men they are the most privileged demographic in the world, for god's sake.
>>
Is there such thing as an SJW who grew up poor? Or does having direct experience of genuine adversity automatically preclude one from getting wrapped up in such trivialities?
>>
>>7203218
This is some really fantastic criticism, nice work.
>>
>>7203090
Some awkward word choice but I think this is really not bad.
>>
>>7203714
Why? What does it matter how old he is?
>>
>>7202086
Do you attend university of vermont? That's where I am and this shit is around every corner.
>>
>>7203933
I think it's around most universities in the world. The world has basically gone to shit.
>>
I've been invited to perform at some but I don't really want to. I write poetry, not slam poetry.
>>
>>7203090
It's not bad but you should stick to contemporary English as most poetry is a product of its time, just retool it and go from there.
>>
>>7203218
I used to get criticism on my writing from an English major like this, found it to be quite helpful, keep up the good work.
>>
>>7203090
>speaketh

You begin by writeth
>>
File: 20150915_220518.jpg (957KB, 2240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
20150915_220518.jpg
957KB, 2240x1344px
I've been going to these things basically sitting on my hands until I find a promotion that would be decent to read [my story of groping a girl on bart and subsequent shenanigans]
Most are shit. Pic is an exception imo

None if these really feel lit and I'd prefer to be going to regular readings
>>
>>7203952
Post something
>>
>>7203827
YES
YES
How did you know? I know how you know, but still, wow. What is your experience?
>>
>>7203753
I closed the window quicker than 2girls1cup. This shit causes me physical pain.
>>
>>7204243
Yes. And she is up there every week. Now with a war poem, in which 'Britain' fights for 'oil', yet people are killed by shrapnels when marching, confusing modern with 1st WW soldiers and all the rest of it. Literally Emperor's New Clothes, and she managed to sell her brand to a whole English fucking department - we are ready to demolish the whole humanities from this point. http://www.poetryarchive.org/poet/kate-tempest-0
>>
>>7203606
You sound like that one guy with the moustache from parks and rec.
>>
Bitching about how much you hate women: the thread
>>
>>7203827
>>7204217
I'm also playing a game, whereby I tick the day's lecture in my timetable if the word 'gender' has been said. I'm three weeks deep and literally ONE lecture omitted the word from its vocabulary. Mind you, it way a blue-eyed, white, old man who gave that lecture.
>>
>>7203753
emotion pornography

show some modesty & restraint ffs
>>
>>7204283
Oh not at all! The men (both lecturers and students) seem to be bigger cucks.
The men do class warfare AND feminism, unlike the women, who usually are just interested in the SJW side of things. My philosophy lecturer apologised that Descartes was a white, old, middle-class, heterosexual male (his words.) I do not hate women, I maintain good relationships with the few I know; and even if I did, would that change the facts?
>>
>>7204293
I can't believe you're calling people cucks and expecting yourself to be taken seriously
>>
>>7204320
I didn't call people so until I started studying literature. What would you call the voluntary submission / and rapid obliteration of the traditional, upright academian in the XXI century, then?
>>
>>7204334
Society is constantly becoming more progressive and "liberal", and it usually starts at places of academia. No one is becoming "submissive" so much as attempting to right the wrongs of history by giving hand outs to people who were likely kept from reaching their full potential
>>
>>7204347
That is a very interesting way to look at is, but consider this - is it better to teach no-one, or a small, but extremely learned elite?
>>
>>7204347
You sound like someone I beat the shit out of once, he was an arrogant prick who didn't know how to keep his mouth shut.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 499x499px
>>7204378

You sound like an edgy faggot.
>>
>>7204378
you sound like you got the shit beat out of you at multiple points in your life
>>
>>7204347
>Society is constantly becoming more progressive
no it's not
fite me
>>
>>7204375
"a small but extremely _____ elite" is a phrased that is used almost entirely to describe the enemies of whoever is using the phrase, to get people to root for the other side as both the underdog and an oppressed majority, so I don't really think it has any place in a serious discussion.
>>
>>7204347
That is completely untrue, that is just a myth you are sold so people stay happy.

We became more homophobic, sexist and racist after the enlightenment.

I too posit that we should engage in fisticuffs
>>
>>7204386
>>7204393
I have gotten the shit beat out of me, but I give as good as I get, I don't start fights but I refuse to back down from one if I think that its something worth fighting over. In that arrogant pricks case he was making fun of my friend who had just died a few weeks earlier.
>>
>>7204411
>don't talk about the jews
>>
>>7204449
your friend was a gay with your dad
>>
>>7204434
I agree that homophobia and racism did surge into existence after the enlightenment and I shouldve clarified that I meant the last hundred years or so, sorry. I would also say that most progressive gains are done merely as a show done by liberals to convince people that capitalism can be non-exploitative but it's undeniable that people have become much more "PC" in the last twenty years or so and will likely continue to do so
>>
>>7204455
My friend was a good man who treated others very well, the only people who ever spoke badly about him were those who lacked any sort of compassion for others, he was only 23 when he died and I can't think of a person who deserved to live more.
>>
>>7204449
exactly. you sound like you have unresolved anger issues which you take out on those weaker than yourself, calm down kid.
>>
>>7202135
Yeah that's basically my problem. If they had decent flow/wordplay I would be into this forever. I don't care so much about content so long as it's not too obtrusive.
>>7203933
literally just college
>>7204347
>marxist view of history
have fun being a slave to mental death and power
>>
>>7204513
I don't fight those weaker than me, I'm no coward.
>>
>>7204513
You know this is society' problem now. People look at those who chose to fight as if they have some trouble that needs to be solved by counseling. A good old fashioned fist fight would solve more than therapy and bottling your anger up ever could. Someone who fights would be a lot less likely to shoot up a school than someone who holds their anger in.
>>
>>7204560
>bottling up your anger

this is a meme which has been dispelled by psychological research

'bottling up' anger (ie. not talking about it or thinking about it) is actually a very effective way of getting over it
>>
>>7204569
I'm not familiar with this research, is that from the Professor Columbine school of thought?
>>
>>7204560
not really it's just being an anti-social piece of shit.
i get that your anger does need to be let out somewhere, that's where doing shit comes into place. it's about channeling that energy into something healthy and productive.

if you really want to fight go do mma and you won't look for fights on the street like some massive faggot.
>>
>>7204579
I have never "fought on the streets" like some Irish piece of shit, the only times I have ever fought is when I felt it was justified. Better question why am I talking about this to a spineless anon who would never stand up for himself or something he believed in.
>>
>>7203827
Is this guy not here anymore?
>>
>>7204600
>when i felt it was justified
you're a typical autistic loser trying to be a tough guy who's gotten your ass beaten and has never gotten over it. instead you take it out on normal human beings who generally shy away from violence. if anyone is spineless it's you.

as i said, go do mma, try your tough guy shit there and watch your ass get handed to you again and again.
>>
>>7202121
Saw this guy a few weeks ago when he came to my town. Got some good laughs out of him.
>>
you guys who have read The Myth of Sisyphus, what did you read actually? Wikipedia says there's a 134 pages long book,

but all I find on google is a short essay of about 1000-2000 words, beginning with
"The gods had condemned ...." and ending with "One must imagine Sisyphus happy."
>>
>>7204762
>you guys who have read The Myth of Sisyphus, what did you read actually? Wikipedia says there's a 134 pages long book
I recall the beginning not being about Sisyphos, but a person feeling miserable in a hotel waiting for his friends.
Go to a library and work through it yourself.
>>
>>7204347
Agreed. I don't think it's fair to give handouts solely based on ethnicity or gender, but if those people were raised in a low socioeconomic status or have some other context which warrants assistance whether it be through money or programs to help them get where they want to be, then by all means go far it.

I do think though that women are discriminated against merely because they aren't seen as "strong" by society, given their oftentimes gentle demeanors.
>>
>>7203753
>>7204285
>>7203827
>Glasgow Pain
>>
>Be at university doing History BA
>Everyone is doing their dissertation on gender and women in society.
>Oh the bullshit that I heard those people say.
>Fuck that, do mine on political thought and how an intense period of internal warfare shaped its development in a medieval polity.
>Everyone gets 2.1s and 2.2s for their work.
>I get a First.

Take that, commies.
>>
guise, gb2 /r/shittumblrsays, /r/coontown, /r/redpill et al
>>
>>7203182
Le ebin le controlled rage le troll
>>
>>7202086
It was started by black people to angrily rant about how whitey fucked them. Which makes the way faggy attention-seeking white kids co-opted it into a platform to flaunt their faggotry even more hilarious.
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.