[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Define these words the best you can, in your own way. >Reality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: 1341615347632.jpg (26KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1341615347632.jpg
26KB, 500x357px
Define these words the best you can, in your own way.

>Reality
>Abstract
>Meaning
>Knowledge
>>
>>6333745
You have four hours.
>>
Is it possible to have knowledge of the abstract reality of meaning?
>>
File: 1427635883016.jpg (212KB, 2048x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1427635883016.jpg
212KB, 2048x1447px
>Reality
Something people like to talk about in the abstract
>Abstract
Something people like to say when they talk about reality, especially when comparing their versions to your own.
>Meaning
an act of pure creation
>Knowledge
remembering the definitions of the above 3
>>
>Reality
Statements we regard as true
>Abstract
Isomorph regarding a certain structure, but not bound to specific details.
>Meaning
(Implicit) expression of a statement
>Knowledge
Collection of true statements
>>
>Reality
This.
>Abstract
That.
>Meaning
This.
>Knowledge
That.
>>
File: 1424786082571.jpg (157KB, 992x880px) Image search: [Google]
1424786082571.jpg
157KB, 992x880px
>Reality
Spook
>Abstract
Spook
>Meaning
Spook
>Knowledge
Spook
>>
>>6333745

1. Reality is Consciousness.
1.1 Reality is all that is the case.
1.2 All that is the case is not an induced understanding of external facts, but the total amount of immediate perception.
1.3 Perception includes thought and memory.
1.4 Reality is the experience of the Now.

2. Abstract is the nature of a thought whose origin lies beyond the liminality of quantification.
2.1 Quantifiable thoughts correlate their existence as description of objects.
2.2 Abstract perception is the thought-description of all experience that cannot be classified as a description of an object.
2.3 Infinite recurrence of thought inevitably leads to abstract perception.

3. Meaning is feeling.
3.1 Feeling is formless.
3.2 Words are signals of the language-game in which socially constructed repetition-learnt encoded feelings may be said to be communicable.
3.3 Feelings are personal.
3.4 Communication can't be proven.
3.5 The language-game can only be played under the assumption that any given social subject learnt to encode his/her personal feelings under the same signals that any other given social subject.

4 Consciousness is the being.
4.1 Knowledge the fetters.
>>
>>6333745
>Reality
Everything
>Abstract
A thought disconnected from the subject of the thought
>Meaning
A new analogy made between unrealized parallels
>Knowledge
The realization of a pattern in reality
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 520x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 520x387px
>>6333815
Not spooks dear
>>
>Reality
Perception

>Abstract
not rooted in sense of self

>Meaning
intent

>Knowledge
Awareness
>>
>>6333745
>Reality
The result of the Reason applied to itself and then to the others as being-in-itself

>Abstract
See above, the distinction is meaningless

>Meaning
Applied knowledge of itself unto a purpose

>Knowledge
Also see 'Reality' above, those things are sides of the same coin.
>>
>>6333745
>>Reality
An agreed upon compromise between individual perception.
>>Abstract
A logical conclusion expounded upon ad nauseum
>>Meaning
A definition everyone finds palatable enough to agree upon
>>Knowledge
An accumulation of meanings
>>
>>6333843
redditor
>>
>>6333828

Did you write this yourself?
>>
File: 1361390362955.jpg (440KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1361390362955.jpg
440KB, 1920x1080px
>Reality
What has a perceived effect. If it doesn't have an effect, it is not real. The effect is not necessarily chronological, not even comprehensible, but it must be perceived. And there are no things with effects upon the world which are not real. Because of that, reality is an illusion, as it can only be accessed through its effects.

>Abstract
Quality of things that function only within a different reality from the one you perceive it. For example, a book on swimming techniques can be read by a swimmer, that is, a swimming body, and be understood rationally as a coherent whole, even if the body is not affected by it. When the swimmer practices it, it ceases to be abstract.

>Meaning
Relationship between two things that prove each other to be real. When you see something meaningless, it has no effects on you (a sense of confusion would only exist because of outside meaningful relationships, for instance, expectation for meaning). When you see something meaningful, you are affected by it and in turn, the meaningful object appears to be aware of your existence, affected by it.

>Knowledge
An emotion that comes when a belief in the repetition of meaning becomes real, that is, when it has an effect on you. I know a thing when I account for its existence even when the thing is not there, that is, I'm affected by the notion that a new encounter will bring about a similar relationship that was experienced before. I feel I know a person when I begin to expect this person to act in a certain way.
>>
>>6333828
>

this is

strangely
>>
>>6333918

5. Yes.

Forgive the Spirit.
>>
>>6333918

Actually, points 4 & 4.1 Are the first two axioms of the Shiva Sutras.
>>
>>6333949

Written like a true sophist
>>
>>6333745
>Reality
Commonalities of perception
>Abstract
Synthesis of thoughts
>Meaning
The subjective content of a word
>Knowledge
A structure made of concept "bricks"
>>
>reality
the world
>abstract
non-representational
>meaning
idk something to do with semantics
>knowledge
j.t.b.
>>
File: 1365820062686.jpg (67KB, 565x720px) Image search: [Google]
1365820062686.jpg
67KB, 565x720px
>>6333745
I'm pretty drunk so I'm just gonna pick one. Cool? Cool.

>Knowledge
The accumulation of subjective experiences filtered through a matrix of even more subjective logic in an attempt to form objective truth-statements
>>
>>6334342
sounds like belief not knowledge
>>
>Reality
That which resists meaning
>Abstract
Reality
>Meaning
????
>Knowledge
Profit
>>
>>6334361
I guess it depends on whether you consider knowledge to be subjective or objective. I don't believe in objective knowledge, but I recognize that is what we are all striving towards. So I think we can get close (or close enough) to objectivity when it comes to things like the merits of traffic laws or the chemical composition of water, but never quite there.

In my opinion, all knowledge is just belief. I just believe some beliefs are more well-founded than others.
>>
>>6333745
>reality
the subjective perspective of the illusion of the world
>abstract
uncommon
>meaning
attaching emotions to a person, place or thing
>knowledge
what one knows
>>
>>6333745
>reality
a socio-linguistically constructed signifier which gestures towards The Real but never fully realises it. By even attempting to talk about it we're talking about something other than The Real itself.

>Abstract
Thought (if it even can be called so) before it has been formed as a linguistic utterance, either out loud or internally.

>meaning
the transcendental signifier.

>knowledge
the extent to which one has expertly mapped out a network of signifiers in order to constitute the process of 'knowing' something.
>>
>>6333745
>Reality
That which exists

>Abstract
That who's explanation is limited by language

>Meaning
That which has been granted a purpose by an individual

>Knowledge
The attempt to understand the former 3
>>
>Reality
The world
>Abstract
Things which can be understood without physical form
>Meaning
A subjective interpretation
>Knowledge
The cumulative information a person possesses
>>
>>6333745
>Reality
not sure
>Abstract
missing pieces
>Meaning
Not sure.
>Knowledge
There's a alot of definitions floating around. I'm a conscious objector to knowing.
>>
>>6333745

Reality: The accurate presentation of the totality of one's surroundings which can be experienced and verified exactly by trusted means.

Abstract: The freedom from or non-reliance upon the dominant rules followed in thought, communication and presentation.

Meaning: The underlying key notions that are being conveyed or transmuted through a place holder of some kind.

Knowledge: The captured representations of all ideas and events which can be referenced or transmitted to another person of similar intellect in their smallest parts without obvious logical conflicts occurring.
>>
“For a large class of cases of the employment of the word ‘meaning’—though not for all—this way can be explained in this way: the meaning of a word is its use in the language” Philosophical Investigation, Part 43

> "...the meaning of a word is its use in the language”
>>
>>6333745
>>Reality
The lies you believe in.
>Abstract
The lies you're iffy about.
>Meaning
The lies you tell yourself about the lies you believe in.
>Knowledge
The lies you put a lot of faith in.
>>
>>6333745
>Reality
The World
>Abstract
The They
>Meaning
When Dasein interprets their world as Being-in-the-world
>Knowledge
The Aletheia of entities-in-the-world
>>
>>6333745

>Reality
How one defines and perceives existence

>Abstract
An idea without form

>Meaning
Understanding given to ideas and objects, creating their (or giving them) identity.

>Knowledge
A Truth that cannot be unverified.
>>
>>6333828
>3. Meaning is feeling.
I need to ask why. I'm with you on the first two, but not here. This is quite a leap. Can you give your reasoning?
>>
>Reality
What exists
>Abstract
What exists as an idea in your head
>Meaning
An idea in your head
>Knowledge
Ideas in your head
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.