[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /lit/'s stance on deckled edges?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Deckle.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Deckle.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
What's /lit/'s stance on deckled edges?
>>
I bought a book with them without really realizing. When I got home and started to read the book, I couldn't stand the edges and I haven't touched the book in a year.
>>
it seems like somehow deckled edges allow the pages to be thinner yet feeling full, i had a gravity's rainbow with the deckled edges and it was like the size of a 300 pages book despite actually being like 700, neat trick
>>
I don't particularly care for them
>>
deckled edges killed my family
>>
you again
>>
>>10033778

The best
>>
Once upon a time there was nothing but deckled edges. Since we gained the technology to cut the pages nice and smooth.

Why go back there?
>>
Can't papercut your fingers on deckled edges, so for safety reasons I'm all for them!
>>
absolutelydisgusting.jpeg
>>
deckled edges are okay on hardcovers but really ugly on paperbacks
>>
>>10033778
Love 'em. They remind me of those kid-safe cigarette lighters that are a total pain in the arse to use.
>>
>>10033778
They stop you getting paper cuts so I'm all in favour
>>
>>10035225
Are people really getting that many paper cuts from reading books? Asking sincerely, since I read all the time and can't remember my last paper cut.
>>
>>10035234
I do get a few paper cuts from time to time, mostly from newer books with crispy fresh pages, but I say it's not enough to warrant deckled edges in this day and age. It feels faux as fuck, like those gaudy B&N books, and if they're genuine then they're a pain to have in your library because you need to take a letter opener to the pages every time you want to read the book, otherwise they close up on you.
>>
>>10035922
Not every time*
Mostly just once, but it's still annoying.
>>
I love em. In fact, I deckle all my my books' edges myself.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.