[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MBTI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 12

File: CGJung.jpg (17KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
CGJung.jpg
17KB, 220x330px
What MBTI are you guys? Im wondering what the predominent one is. INTP personally.
>>
This is /lit/ - Literature. You were supposed to add "Books for this feel?" at the end of the post to make it relevant to the board.

INTP
>>
I haven't taken this bullshit test in a minute, but I remember it being IN something J or something or the other. INTJ? I don't know. Taking that shit seriously is so goofy and ridiculous to me. Try not to let it define your goals and current endeavors.
>>
>>10030940
INFJ
Also known as the God tier personality
>>
INTP desu aka permavirgin
>>
Let's post our favourite work alongside our type

>INTP
>Zhuangzi
>>
File: hfhdhdhhdjdjjc.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hfhdhdhhdjdjjc.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
INTP
>>
OMYQ here.
>>
Take the test here
http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm
>>
INTJ
>>
>>10031030
INFP
War and Peace
>>
>>10031030
INFJ
Moby Dick
>>
File: YwzzTfz.jpg (26KB, 524x400px) Image search: [Google]
YwzzTfz.jpg
26KB, 524x400px
>>10030949
wrong.

pic related
>>
literally horoscopes for people who think they're too good for horoscopes
>>
>entp
>this spoke zarathustra
>>
>>10030949
>F
yeah nah
>>
INTJ
The poetry of W.B. Yeats and Plato's dialogues

>>10031103
You misguided, impoverished little person. Take greater time to study Jung's theories, and you'll find his genius terrifying and his theories wonderfully astute. They aren't akin to """calculating""" the impacts of mystic movements of planets and stellar bodies, which are too many to number, and, therefore, whose energetic ramifications on our persons is beyond man's ability to consider. Nor is it an attempt to predict the future - though certain things about a person's likely choices can be inferred from a combination of (1) knowing them, (2) knowing their type, and (3) roughly understanding where they stand in their process of maturation. Jung's theories are insightful observations which are an attempt to see beyond word and deed into the psyche and explain it. A bloody good attempt.

>>10030948
Try not to trip on your arrogance on your way out.
>>
>>10031430
t. loveless autistic virgin
>>
>>10030940
I was INTP until a year ago. Now I'm INFP and my motivation has deteriorated and my feels have escalated. Life still sux
>>
>horoscopes for lower management students
>relevant
At least I can sage
>>
>>10030940
ISTP here. i dont actually read i just come here to see what r the good books to reccomend to others when they bring up reading
>>
I'm INTP
>>
>>10030940
Why did you post Jung? He has nothing to do with your gay millennialist quiz.
>>
I fucking hate the MBTI with a burning passion
>>
>>10031514
You cannot switch types. You were either always an INFP, or are still an INTP.
>>
INFP. I'm OK with it
>>
INFP
Temple of the Golden Pavilion
>>
File: what the fuck nigga.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck nigga.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>10031714
>>
>>10030949
tfw infj but loveless and not feeling very god tier
>>
>>10032008
Attaching Jung to the MBTI element of your tumblr bio is like attaching Nietzsche to an atheist Facebook page.
>>
>>10032018
In time man, have faith
>>
>>10031788
>You cannot switch types.

Can you not, can peoples personalities not change?
>>
Infj

Someone says it is God tier type, I don't know man sometimes I feel like it is the worst of all types

We are just observant (or at least it's me), from my perspective in a group I'm the one who is likeable by everyone but other than that no one calls you directly, no one consider you more than a certain level

If me and my other close friends join a group of friends my name is never spoken loud (stupid example), "hey hi Anon!" I have to talk first always 'cause if not no one talk to me, and not because I'm a "looser" or "aloof" but just because the way I am I'm not perceived interesting by a first look

Most of the times I don't mind on this but sometimes makes me think

Another infj that relate to this?
>>
>>10031788
Mbti is flawed 50% of the population change types on a regular basis
>>
File: 1505516743398.jpg (99KB, 530x662px) Image search: [Google]
1505516743398.jpg
99KB, 530x662px
>>10031030
INTJ
Eumeswil and Invisible Cities
>>10032188
Opposite for me. No group, but can always have a conversation with acquaintances.
>>
>>10032188
I totally get what you mean but you have to appreciate we're not on this Earth to have a good time and us especially. We observe because someone needs to be observent and its not pretty what we see and thats what frightens people and why they don't want to see themselves in you. But you may be the only person they ever see themselves in when the time comes and you need to be ready for that. When that time comes you'll be more than a fucking name to them.

After all what name does God have and what does he do but observe
>>
>>10032188
While it doesn't start out that way, its similar for me. When I find a new circle of friends I feel as if I end up being the center for a long time, largely because the way I meet people is through what I'm good at... for example a class project, I pull people together and organize it and we end up friends afterwards, or in a video game I'm particularly skilled at and my friends want to learn from me/want me to help them.

In the end though, they end up having more fun with each other than with me, even if I've been there for them to talk them out of suicide, it ends up they get closer and closer and I fade into the distance whether or not I try to keep up with them.

Several times in my life now, one time even costing the love of my life, I've just walked out of a circle of friends and hardly ever saw it affect those I left behind.

I personally brag a lot, but I mean this as humbly as I can, I feel as if there's a lot to me, a lot of things I know/do, I collect hobbies, but nobody ever cares to learn more about me than who I am on the surface, I guess that's what you mean by "not perceived interesting by a first look."

If you'd like someone to talk to, I don't mind.
>>
>>10031665
You're a disgrace to us. kys
>>
File: hitler-getty.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
hitler-getty.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>10032338
When the time comes, its us who they'll know best
>>
>>10030949
You saying that's as a DFW meme?
>>
>>10032338
>I personally brag a lot, but I mean this as humbly as I can, I feel as if there's a lot to me, a lot of things I know/do, I collect hobbies, but nobody ever cares to learn more about me than who I am on the surface, I guess that's what you mean by "not perceived interesting by a first look.

you guessed right and i can relate completely with your post

It sucks that people just scrape the surface, but all my potential, knowledge, skill are under and not visible

and it is difficult to show up all this because the way i am, is weird to me to sow up my self 'cause it seems to me to be an ego show
>>
>>10032510
The few friends i have are all superficial acquaintances. Iìve honestly stopped caring much about showing people my "true self" or some crap. I
think they would find my obscure interests a turn off and who wouldn't honestly. It's a pretty sad life right now.
>>
>>10030940
I tried taking one of those personality tests, but I didn't agree with my result. I think I'm not able to think truthfully about myself.
>>
>>10032510
It's a real shame too, because on top of all that, I never can find anyone with similar passions to me. I meet people through shallow things, and if I ever try to show that beneath-the-surface stuff it's boring to them.

It makes me wonder, do the vast majority of people feel that way? that they've got a rich inner life that nobody can connect with them over? The thought that others might deal with it too is frustrating to me, personally.

>>10032609
What obscure interests are you talking about?
Some of mine are linguistics, medical studies, computer hardware, and some spur-of-the-moment ones.

And of course a bunch that would be obscure off this website, but are pretty common despite the board.
>>
>>10032609
I don't bother having friends anymore. In fact I see having "friends" as an unmanly contrivance of modern life fit only for gangsters and women
>>
>>10032621
The tests aren't so accurate because a lot of the things we'd likely flip-flop on. I did get the result I agree with, but really it's the reading and the details that convinced me.

Read the descriptions of the different types, you'll find parts in each you think attribute to you or that you wish you had, but likely there will be one type that almost fits everything you know about yourself, even some patterns you weren't aware you had.
>>
>>10032628
right now mostly philosophical (especially eastern) and literary interests which may not seem that odd to you, but i try to keep it hidden from the turbo-normies because i'm afraid of what they think.

Unfortunately i care too much about other peoples opinions. (auxiliary Fe i guess).
>>
>>10032657
You should dump your 'friends', you don't need them and you'll feel so much better when you wiped your hands clean of them
>>
>>10032657
Eastern philosophy sounds pretty interesting actually!

I've read a little bit about Theravada Buddhism because I heard of a concept called "the four immeasurables," and at that time in my life I was trying to find a way to be a more empathetic/compassionate individual.
>>
I'm the best personality type. Which one is that?
>>
>>10032686
OHYK

You're basically superman + hitler
>>
File: rick&morty.jpg (417KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
rick&morty.jpg
417KB, 2560x1600px
>>10032657
i had the same problem in the past but one day simply i had enough of the question and now i don't mind of what other thinks it is just not my problem

maybe one day the same things will happen to you, related pic can help you in this i believe
>>
>>10032758
Jesus Christ is this bait? Unironically fuck off you reddit weakling
>>
>>10032758
well, is not that simple to get enough of the problem as you say, but i agree with you that a pity of nihilism can help if this is what you want to say with that pic
>>
Stuck in a...INTP-->ENTP-->ENTJ-->INTJ-->INTP...cycle of despair. Call for help.
>>
>>10031495
Where do I start with Jung?
>>
>>10032049
Even worst, people make MBTI just use jung idea archetype to believe people could be classification in 16 categories.
>>
INTP-T

It's good to see plenty of elite individuals here on /lit/.
>>
Did the test a few years ago but don't remember what I got back then. (I did the test the same way you would do a "What kind of bread are you" test)

Last year I did the test twice, with 8 months between them, and I got twice INFP. Reading through it, I do recognize myself in many of these things.
>>
INTJ
>>
Just took it and got INFP.

Should I kill myself?
>>
>>10032954
The only unacceptable result is "S". That's the retard letter.
>>
>>10031035
>http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm
what a bunch of shit fucking questions
>>
>>10030940
I am also INTP or was last time I took the test. Seems to be really common on 4chan for some reason.
>>
>>10030940
This is a shit test, no can be certain of their own self-awareness to know beyond "E/I".
>>
File: 1489517436285.jpg (11KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
1489517436285.jpg
11KB, 250x240px
ISTP

I don't belong.
>>
>>10033171
You mean that you think that when answering the questions, you won't be honest with yourself, or what? That aside, I really enjoy Jung's descriptions of personality types, better than his better known esoteric stuff. I also noticed that Jung tends to be really down on neurotic types for some reason, perhaps because he also was one.
>>
>>10033189
What I think my reaction to a situation will be is different from what will actually happen is what I was trying to say
>>
>>10033199
Right most likely but that would be the case for any personality test 是吗?
>>
>>10033206
duì
>>
Most who read literature are INTP, it's the thinking mans personality type
>>
>>10033187
There is a spectrum for every type, so quiet possibly you could be "the exception that proves the rule".
>>
File: 1505393442572.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1505393442572.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
>>10033370
I was INTP when I was a high inhibition low testosterone fat teenager, now I just want to fight people in the street
>>
I usually get INTP or INTJ. I like reading Kierkegaard and Marshall McLuhan.
>>
Why is this test so widespread? Ask any pseud what their Meyer Briggs is and they'll cream themselves as they're enlightening you with their own intelligence before moving on to talking about Jordan Peterson and how dragons are "metatrue"

And why do people take it so seriously? Same with people talking about Type A and Type B personalities. Do you think you can just categorize all people into some nice little organized box and make sense of this world. It's not so easy, kiddo.
>>
>>10033436
You're right, but sometimes people just want to talk about themselves and have a little fun.
>>
>>10033457
Sometimes I think I'm the anti-fun personality type, whichever one that is.
>>
>>10033436
Peterson is a Big Five researcher and rejects MBTI
>>
>>10033470
>Peterson is a Big Five researcher

lol
>>
>>10033469
Pretty much any INXX
>>
>>10030940
>INTJ

I've been exclusively reading about Art and Art History for the past two years. Nothing else.
>>
>INTP
>Storm of Steel
>>
>ENTP

The Chad to all you sissy INTP bitchboys
>>
INTP
>>
>>10030940
who here /enfp/ masterrace
>>
>>10033551
shut the fuck up you stupid gay faggot
>>
>>10030940
>MBTI
This test is trash, I got ISTJ. The test fails to account my crippling depression fueled by my drug habit, and the fact that I'm not sleeping well. There isn't a category for somebody trying to write a book, who hasn't been laid in two years.
>>
>>10031030
INFJ
John Cheever's Collected Stories
>>
>>10033691
O my favorite work is Ada or Ador, a Family Chronicle.
>its about by Vladimir Nabokov.
>>
>>10033722
Book*
>mfw you make to many mistakes for just posting.

Where is the rope when you need to neck urself.
>>
>>10031103
More like an MMPI for people who don't think they're mentally ill desu.
>>
>>10031665
same here. i never read, maybe sometimes, but im at a less than 3 books a year rate. mostly come here to osmosis smart guy culture
>>
File: petersburg.jpg (40KB, 324x499px) Image search: [Google]
petersburg.jpg
40KB, 324x499px
>>10031030
INFJ
Petersburg - Andrei Bely
>>
Seemingly only ISTJ here.
I like dystopias. A lot.
>>
>>10033490
MAH NIGGA

Early Netherlandish Art, get on it if you haven't already mate
>>
>>10031030
>ISTP
>1984
>>
INTP
East of Eden
>>
File: 13811.png (74KB, 662x635px) Image search: [Google]
13811.png
74KB, 662x635px
>>10032815
I'd like to bump the thread and repeat this anon's question.
I'm not interested in MBTI or any such embarrassing spooks, but I would like to know more about Jung. Do I just read Man and his Symbols, and then I'll have a reasonably solid understanding of Jung? Or is there an early and a late Jung? Did he ever write something regarded as his 'break' with Freud?
I read German so whatever might be recommended doesn't have to be in translation.
>>
>>10034809
Jung on mythology. The book the golden bough is what split freud and jung. Read that and freuds totem and taboo
>>
>>10034821
Will do, thanks anon.
>>
ENTP, which is clearly the best type. Introversion is gay
>>
INFP, but big five is more accurate. Borderline introverted extroverted, very high openness, low conscientiousness, high agreeableness, very high neuroticism
>>
>>10031035
INTP wtf?? I used to test ENTJ but I was more honest this time.
>>
ESFJ from what that test figured. ESTJ-T from 16personalities.com.

Plz no bully /lit/.
>>
>>10030948
>>10031495
MBTI and Jung's work that preceded it have been proven to be pseudoscience, inconsistent in results and not indicative of anything. It is exactly this:
>literally horoscopes for people who think they're too good for horoscopes
>>
>>10032758

The first part of that isn't true when suicide exists. Everyday is existing on purpose

INTP
The works of Borges and PKD
>>
ESPN
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas
>>
INTP
I'm mostly into classical literature, vernacular medieval lit and medieval philosophy.
I also really like books for children. Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, Roverandom and The Neverending Story are my favorites. I also really like Calvino and Borges.
>>
>>10033551
>>10035008
ENTP represent
Fuck these nerds
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.