[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MAINLÄNDER THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 220px-Philipp_Mainlaender.png (52KB, 220x314px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Philipp_Mainlaender.png
52KB, 220x314px
The true, I dare say it, /ourguy/.

Discuss the philosophy of the most /lit/-philosopher. Why did Nietzsche call him the apostle of virginity? Why is there no English translation? Should we all kill ourselves?
>>
File: blank.jpg (45KB, 397x512px) Image search: [Google]
blank.jpg
45KB, 397x512px
>tfw your books finally arrive
>>
>>10028886
:(
>>
>>10028851
There's no English translation because Ligotti was right. The world knows more about a doof like Weininger than this guy, for a certain reason.
>>
>>10028851
Give me like four years and I'll translate this myself. Gotta write a dissertation and learn German.
>>
>>10028921
Have you read his work? seeing as you don't speak German, I mean.
>>
>>10028851
OP, is there still no translation in English? I know that Stirner recently had a new release come out. Why hasn't someone translated Mainländer?
>>
>>10028851

There is APPARENTLY at least one translation, though I haven't found it. Word-of-mouth and admittedly not very thorough searching on my part.

>you will never translate Mainlander in a freely available .pdf, ensuring that you have actually published same to the internet and making sure that it finds a few interested readers, and actually attaching your real name as translator
>you will never append to this translation, a brief biography and account of Mainlander's philosophy, an accurate repudiation of Nietzsche, and encourage everyone to apply Mainlander's philosophy to their own personal lives
>you will never make a personal turn in same document, specifying that now that your task is complete and you have actually accepted Mainlander's conclusions, you will now apply that philosophy to your personal life
>you will never use the occasion of this translation as your own personal note on where your husk may be found
>your edition will not therefore achieve notoriety in the anglosphere and receive a proper, professional re-printing, with you becoming a small, curious footnote in the history of ideas
>>
>>10028886

Even in the meme-photoshop the sadness still shines through in his eyes. A sight as absurd as when Moe the bartender attempts a smile.
>>
>>10029175
Jesus, anon. You didn't have to go so hard. I'm going to go get a drink.
>>
File: hurts.jpg (20KB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
hurts.jpg
20KB, 500x248px
>>10029175
>>
>>10029185
Agreed, I'd say the smiley one even looks sadder than the original

>>10029175
Aw geez
>>
File: mainlanderreview.png (10KB, 489x202px) Image search: [Google]
mainlanderreview.png
10KB, 489x202px
>>10028851
>>
>>10029957
Fucking Pynchon hoarding the rare Mainlanders
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.