[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is egoism the only way to happiness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: really.png (175KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
175KB, 600x600px
Is egoism the only way to happiness?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvTRZJ-4EyI
>>
>>10026304
happiness is a spook. Not trolling. For real. Coming from a fellow stirnerite :D
>>
>Faced with problems and disappointments, many people will try to escape from their responsibility: escape in selfishness, escape in sexual pleasure, escape in drugs, escape in violence, escape in indifference and cynical attitudes. But today, I propose to you the option of love, which is the opposite of escape.
Pope John Paul II

Is this true /lit/? I've been wandering in the desert for so long, but I'm too timid to taste the waters of this spring. It feels more real than a mirage. Can it be?
>>
>>10026524
Love is not the opposite of escape what is this nigga smoking? Before that he was spot on. Fucking hippie.
>>
>>10026529
I think he is implying love forces you to really and substantially engage with the world.
>>
>>10026537
Be that as it may it seems disingenuous to push love on us without detailing how to go about doing it or indicating it's benefits over apathy and carnal hedonism.
>>
>>10026304
No.

>>10026524
>Faced with problems and disappointments, many people will try to escape from their responsibility: escape in religion, escape in christlarping, escape in asceticism
Spot on 2bh. But the chance is gone. Everyone knows it's just a coping mechanism. Something you know to be false will never give you comfort.
Christlarping doesn't solve your problems. It opens you to a lfetime of doubt and trying to bury that doubt under devotion signaling. Which is why christlarpers always post hyperpious about how hard they worship and (ironically unchristianly) propose the most gruesome ridiculous statements regarding atheists.

Don't be that guy.
>>
>>10026608
I'm well sick of what you spoke about already anon. I've already been disappointed by deluded faith.

But there is something. I see it in JP2, or Buber or Weil. I don't know better, more joyous, more rich and fuller examples of human living.
>>
>>10026669
Although I'm not a stoic the stoic principle of "happiness within" really helped me.

Also in the end the only thing that can give you true happiness is amor fati
>>
Self love, it's egoistic, but not all egoism is self love
>>
If you focus on the self, you will be happy. If you focus on worldly love, you will be at peace. If you are at peace with self love, then you lack virtue. If you are happy with worldly love, then you are naive.
>>
File: headass.jpg (59KB, 960x592px) Image search: [Google]
headass.jpg
59KB, 960x592px
>>10026444
DAMN, this is shit
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.