[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /hardcover/firstedition/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 20170914_224739.jpg (4MB, 3018x2190px) Image search: [Google]
20170914_224739.jpg
4MB, 3018x2190px
Who /hardcover/firstedition/ here?
>>
>>10025030
I do. Not for display reasons but for durability. I only want to buy a book once. On the downside it's a pain in the ass in using up space.
>>
>>10025174
Yeah I need another shelf asap
>>
>>10025030
>the memestructions, published by memesweememe's
>tom wolfe
>jeffrey memenides
>william t(ip the hookers) vollmann
>meme christianity, even though lewis got BTFO by GEM Anscombe
wow, such good taste, anon
>>
>>10025030
>The Unconsoled

you're ok anon, you're ok.
>>
>>10025199
Woah anon.... easy on the memes.
>>
>>10025030
>Nothing with the Greeks
>>
>>10025221
>not having hardcover, first-edition Euripedes stone tablets
what a pleb, right?
>>
>>10025232
Lol
>>
>>10025221
>>10025232
> No Sumerians
> not owning ancient hieroglyphics drawn in the ancient sands of time

Lmao u fuckin chumps
>>
>hardcover
naturally
>first edition
do you think I'm made of solid gold nigger
>>
>>10025232
kek
>>
>>10025030
Giv frolic and omen
>>
I have a signed, hardcover, first edition copy of Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
>>
>>10026973
How did you like my diary, desu?
>>
I have a few first edition hardcovers but I don't really like them. The jackets are a pain and the pages feel too big to me
>>
nah I read books instead of fetishize them.
>>
>>10027433
How am I fetishizing them lmao. Is buying books fetishizing them lmao
>>
Hardcover or hardback no longer means bound, just glued with hard covers.
This cheapening started in late 70's with British and American publishers and spread everywhere in the early 90's.

I mean fuck: even the ultra expensive 'hardcover' works published by Universities are 99% glued together, not bound. And they don't last.
And here I have properly bound books with full leather binding or with just leather back that are close to or over century old and still pristine after reading them dozens of times.
>>
Why do people keep books other than the very few which they will revisit multiple times in their life? Just use the library.
>>
I am too poor to buy hardcovers.
That's why I have e-reader.

I envy you.
>>
>>10027514
Hardcover and bound? What's that?

I understand gluing in terms of books.
>>
>>10027708
A lot of those books were less than $10. most were $1-$2 from bmv bargain bin lol.
>>
>>10027783
Hardcovers cost new 30+ euros here.
Used first editions the same if they're hc.
>>
>>10027704
Used books are dirt cheap tho
>>
>>10027709
other poster meant that some hardcovers don't have stitch binding with folded leaves. They're just glued sheets like a paperback but with a board backing. Similar to library bindings.
>>
>>10027514
Are you talking about book club editions?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.