[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/ confessions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Aristoteles.jpg (233KB, 1012x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Aristoteles.jpg
233KB, 1012x1600px
Long post, inb4 nice blog. Have to get it out. Do the same Anon, let it out.

>Grow up in third world Balkan shithole
>Parents pretty uneducated, only books we had in our house were the Bible and Sholokhovs "Silent Don" (Might be translated differently fuck off Anglos)
>Go to shitty Elementary school
>Go to even shittier middle school
>Teach myself German, English and currently learning Latin (can read Caesar, so pretty shitty still)
>Read a shitton of Nietzsche ("idol" of some sort)
>Get a BA in History
>Get into Aesthetics
>Read most of the stuff that is in my native language; Hartmann is 185 EUR on bookdepository, literally half of my wage. Baumgarten 92 EUR. Have to take PDFs to random copy shops and make books because I can't afford them.
>Be 27, realize how much I haven't read and how stupid I am.
>Realize Nietzsche wrote "Die Geburt der Tragödie" when he was my age.
>Feel even stupider, not sure if I will ever do something that is worthwhile.
>Read, take notes, read, starve a bit because I have to buy books; work for 8 hours a day as a translator.
>Try to save for a MA and hope a German university will take me, but barely saving anything.
>Try not to kill myself because inferiority complex
>>
>>10023523
If it makes you feel any better, you've definitely read more than me.
>>
>>10023523
I'm reminded of the story about Thomas Carlyle, who went without lunch every day for a week in order to each day buy a volume of Gibbon's Decline and Fall, and read it instead.

Don't actually kill yourself until you've definitely failed. Until then, chin up.
>>
>>10023523
You have pride masked as self-deprecation. Get rid of it and you'll be fine.
>>
File: memegenerator.jpg (427KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
memegenerator.jpg
427KB, 800x800px
>>10023523
Dude, you are more motivated to learn than about 90% of the world's population if that's all true. Don't be so hard on youself.

My confession

>doing STEM meme degree
>3 years behind due to mental breakdowns and a suicide attempt interrupting studies
>now in huge debt because of extra study years
>currently obsessed with ancient near eastern religion and skipping on project work to read about it
>>
I don't really enjoy reading or take the ideas seriously; I just use it to pass the time.
>>
>>10023523
I don't know you, and won't ever, but what I'm reading sounds ambitious enough, and shows a man that propably can't see the forest through all the trees.
You could have it worse, you have a goal in life, don't drag yourself down. There are people who ascend to the heavens from this shithole.
>>
>>10023523
It sounds like you're doing great honestly. You overcame your shitty parents to be intellectually curious and strive to self-educate even in the face of impoverishment, quite ascetic in it's own way. Surely you can develop your spirit positively, but you're almost going astray. Realize everyone's totality is generally constricted by their circumstance or environment and take pride in the fact you're doing the best you can. Nobody can really ask of you anymore than that, and if you do that you are fulfilling a goodly role on God's beautiful Earth.
>>
>>10023649
I spent many years studying STEM and now am a nurse

Much better. In my free time I experiment with chemistry and study up on the humanities.

Comfy. Works best when you gave up on friends and girls.
>>
>>10023957
>Works best when you gave up on friends and girls.
Not sound advice OP
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.