[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to write a short story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: ondrej-neff-tma.jpg (39KB, 455x700px) Image search: [Google]
ondrej-neff-tma.jpg
39KB, 455x700px
Sup /lit/, i decided to write a short story (or probably several of them) inspired by the book "Darkness" by Ondřej Neff, original book is happening in 1998+, "it is 17. April 1998 and electricity sudenly "stopped working" because of switch between the Northern and Southern Earth's magnetic field, entire country/world is in chaos, government is trying to save everything, warlords are everyhwere.
My story would be in 2017/2018 (iam not sure yet) about the young railway worker Tomáš Vrána that work on the Bohumín train station. (that has very strategic position and is going to be very powerful in the future), Tomáš has friend Jan Podhorský (that is inspired by my 47 years old friend from Prague i used to play DayZ with, he is basically Centurion Macro from the Scarrow´s Eagle series.)
I already have the story, how things will work, how politics between the warlord city states will work etc. My only problem is that i dont realy know much about how do railways work, how things will be organized without the elecricity (good thing is that i can copy the idea about the steam and diesel trains from the original book. I think it should start like "Hey, young (the way how do old guys refer to their younger co-workers, Macro also calls Cato like that in Czech translation) electricity is out." "What boss?" "Elecricity is fucking out! Nothing works, not just a fucking circuit breakers, i think something happened to the power plant." This would be followed by something like Tomáš hearing crashes of cars and yelling of the people (cars dont work as well), at the end of the day, military from the local garrison in Ostrva would came. In original book, railway workers became extremely powerful, so iam going to extend the storyline that way.

So what do you think? Is it a good way how to start? Or is there something better?
(Iam not writing the story in English, thanks God.)
>>
Start by not telling people about what you plan to write before you write it. There's nothing you can tell us you plan to do that matters, all that matters is how you do it. Got it? Go.
>>
>>10022966
I just have a problem with writing the beginning of the story, every time.
>>
>>10022966
By "beggining of the story" i just mean literally the first 3-4 sentences in the "Day 0" chapter.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.