[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can only read one part:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: nietzsche-beyond-good-and-evil.jpg (35KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche-beyond-good-and-evil.jpg
35KB, 300x400px
>1 - "On the Prejudices of Philosophers"
>2 - "The Free Spirit"
>3 - "The Religious Nature"
>4 - "Maxims and Interludes"
>5 - "Natural History of Morals"
>6 - "We Scholars"
>7 "Our Virtues"
>8 - "Peoples and Fatherlands"
>9 - "What is Noble"
Which one?
>>
>>10022787

Kierkegaard Fear and Trembling
>>
>>10022787
Maxims. You're probably a pseudo and all the little one liners would make you happy.
>>
>>10022792
>You're probably a pseudo and all the little one liners would make you happy.
I do enjoy them
Which sections do actual intellectuals like yourself enjoy and why?
>>
>>10022792

existential philosophy is against intellectualism
>>
in zara, when he tells you to lie to overcome, how are we to know he isn't lying?
>>
>>10022841

"Isn't that shameful, isn't that humiliating?" you will say, perhaps, wagging your heads contemptuously. "You thirst for life and try to settle the problems of life by a logical tangle. And how persistent, how insolent are your sallies, and at the same time what a scare you are in! You talk nonsense and are pleased with it; you say impudent things and are in continual alarm and apologising for them. You declare that you are afraid of nothing and at the same time try to ingratiate yourself in our good opinion. You declare that you are gnashing your teeth and at the same time you try to be witty so as to amuse us. You know that your witticisms are not witty, but you are evidently well satisfied with their literary value. You may, perhaps, have really suffered, but you have no respect for your own suffering. You may have sincerity, but you have no modesty; out of the pettiest vanity you expose your sincerity to publicity and ignominy. You doubtlessly mean to say something, but hide your last word through fear, because you have not the resolution to utter it, and only have a cowardly impudence. You boast of consciousness, but you are not sure of your ground, for though your mind works, yet your heart is darkened and corrupt, and you cannot have a full, genuine consciousness without a pure heart. And how intrusive you are, how you insist and grimace! Lies, lies, lies!"
>>
>>10022852
Part 1?
>>
>>10022852
i dont get it, is this supposed to answer my question or imply im impudent?
>>
>>10022931

It is from Notes from the Underground by Dostoevsky, something I am sure Nietzsche read
>>
>>10022955
So he meant lying to yourself?

is that what youre getting at

i think youre wrong but it is an interesting approach to be sure
>>
>>10023044
>So he meant lying to yourself?
"lying" may not be the right word
It's more like, building a belief on which there is little evidence to support.
Like, "I believe I am going to rule the world," I may not have proof, but if it's a genuine belief, it's something I'll work towards at any cost.
>>
>>10023088
well he says "lie" pretty explicitly
>>
>>10023168
I'm referring to Nietzsche's general philosophy, not that paragraph by Dostoevsky
>>
>>10022787
>2 - "The Free Spirit"
this and then the others
>>
>>10023044

I actually just think that Dostoevsky's Underground man is a good basic summation of Nietzsche. I like Nietzsche but much rather prefer the conclusions of Dostoevsky/Kierkegaard
>>
>>10022792
I really enjoy reading the maxims while taking a shit

Also does anyone else think
>>
>>10022787
"On the Despisers of the Body" from TSZ
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.